IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V  « < 15 16 17  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO PPV @9PM (ET)/6PM (PT): Cotto vs Martinez, SPOILERS, ABSOLUTELY NO NEW SPOILER THREADS OR PUBLIC STREAMS ALLOWED
AZWildCat
post Jun 20 2014, 07:14 PM
Post #161

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 20 2014, 03:57 PM) *
Here is my question: Cotto is showing power now. Against Delvin he showed power and now against Sergio, can we say that Cotto might be on the juice. I mean Marquez got charged for being on roids, can we apply the same thing to Cotto?

In all, I enjoyed the fight and I am glad that Cotto is back on the W column however I believe if he fights a healthy 160 fighter with 0 catch weights, he might have some issues. Cotto looks good but I am curious why Cotto doesn't get "he must be on roids" like other fighters who have looked amazing late in their careers. The obvious choice for Cotto is the winner between Canelo and Lara however, I would like to see what the Charlos or even J Rock Williams could do against Cotto. Didn't any of you notice that Cotto started to gas out. Like he seemed to be breathing hard towards the end of the fight?

Cotto has always shown power!
Jmm went from a average body frame to Conan between fights! I didn't buy into p.e.d. claims till acne gate popped up based on the fact I know strength conditioning and nutrition. So I gave him a pass. Going from knowing nothing to knowing every thing can change a man his serious but the acne was a deal breaker.
There was nigga real jump for cotto as you said he preyed upon a wounded animal! How else was he supposed to look? It's not like he stopped him with a combo breaker!
I don't remember seeing a gas out. Or a significant change in physique that would speculate the use of roids. He looked pretty solid throughout to me...he did fight a one legged & armed man. He ain't supposed to be tired.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 20 2014, 07:18 PM
Post #162

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jun 20 2014, 05:14 PM) *
Cotto has always shown power!
Jmm went from a average body frame to Conan between fights! I didn't buy into p.e.d. claims till acne gate popped up based on the fact I know strength conditioning and nutrition. So I gave him a pass. Going from knowing nothing to knowing every thing can change a man his serious but the acne was a deal breaker.
There was nigga real jump for cotto as you said he preyed upon a wounded animal! How else was he supposed to look? It's not like he stopped him with a combo breaker!
I don't remember seeing a gas out. Or a significant change in physique that would speculate the use of roids. He looked pretty solid throughout to me...he did fight a one legged & armed man. He ain't supposed to be tired.

I am not saying fatigue is a sign of roid use, I notice he seem to slow down. Cotto has had power but come on, this late in the game he is looking like Clubber Lane. I don't think Cotto is a user but if someone can say Juan was and other fighters aren't, seems like a bit of favoritism.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Jun 20 2014, 07:27 PM
Post #163

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 20 2014, 05:18 PM) *
I am not saying fatigue is a sign of roid use, I notice he seem to slow down. Cotto has had power but come on, this late in the game he is looking like Clubber Lane. I don't think Cotto is a user but if someone can say Juan was and other fighters aren't, seems like a bit of favoritism.

Fatigue had nothing to do wit the other
Come n man we talking bout Rodriguez and an injured animal! Broner could have won those fights! I took cotto for :he simple fact Sergio was damaged goods. Smoke and mirrors

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 20 2014, 08:47 PM
Post #164

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 20 2014, 06:57 PM) *
I know I am late as hell with this but here is what I saw:

Sergio looked old however I think his knee didn't fully heal. After that first round I think mentally he was done. As the rounds progressed Sergio was taking Cotto's shots but he wasn't returning fire. I felt that Sergio's body failed him, he rushed back and I doubt if he knee was healed. I read somewhere he was not even running on his knee which meant there was still some soreness. I don't want to take anything away from Cotto because he did what he was suppose to do. He saw a wounded animal and took him out.
Here is my question: Cotto is showing power now. Against Delvin he showed power and now against Sergio, can we say that Cotto might be on the juice. I mean Marquez got charged for being on roids, can we apply the same thing to Cotto?

In all, I enjoyed the fight and I am glad that Cotto is back on the W column however I believe if he fights a healthy 160 fighter with 0 catch weights, he might have some issues. Cotto looks good but I am curious why Cotto doesn't get "he must be on roids" like other fighters who have looked amazing late in their careers. The obvious choice for Cotto is the winner between Canelo and Lara however, I would like to see what the Charlos or even J Rock Williams could do against Cotto. Didn't any of you notice that Cotto started to gas out. Like he seemed to be breathing hard towards the end of the fight?

I wouldn't be surprised, but now that I look at it, Sergio's a small MW and hasn't been in there with big punchers at MW, aside from Pavlik. Chavez was huge MW, but hell, everybody else that he fought...Barker, Dzinrurik (sp), Macklin, Williams, and Murray, aren't the biggest punchers. They could be, but hell, Sergio barely got hit flush by any of them (aside from Chavez and Murray).

Sergio, since being a MW, rehydrated to no more than 167 lbs...so Cotto may have been in the same range as him, weight wise...maybe a couple of lbs lighter.

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 15 16 17
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 06:56 PM