IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@9:45PM(ET)/7:45PM(PT):Cotto vs. Rodriguez-SPOILERS, No New Threads, Public Streams, or Talk of Klitschko-Povotkin Fight
MAHDI
post Oct 12 2013, 01:36 PM
Post #91

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 11 2013, 11:27 AM) *
Rematches should only be made when the outcome was controversial or the fight was close, and maybe compelling drama.

People see blood coming from mayweather's nose and give Cotto credit for doing all sorts of damage. He lost emphatically and almost looked like he was going to be stopped in the last round. Competitive fight in that Cotto gave great effort and landed some shots but no way did he land on Floyd more than Emmanual Agustus did. and Floyd said that was his toughest fight.. A rematch with Floyd with SR there and Floyd more sharp... Cotto gets stopped and retired
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 12 2013, 02:32 PM
Post #92

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Oct 12 2013, 02:36 PM) *
People see blood coming from mayweather's nose and give Cotto credit for doing all sorts of damage. He lost emphatically and almost looked like he was going to be stopped in the last round. Competitive fight in that Cotto gave great effort and landed some shots but no way did he land on Floyd more than Emmanual Agustus did. and Floyd said that was his toughest fight.. A rematch with Floyd with SR there and Floyd more sharp... Cotto gets stopped and retired

Floyd "says" a lot of things, but most of it should be taken with a grain of salt. When asked "what was the hardest shot that you've been hit with" (in the post-fight interview after the Mosley fight), Floyd responded, "I'll never tell. I wont reveal things like that until my career is over".

So this whole "Emmanuel Augustus was the hardest fight I've ever been in", should be taken with a grain of salt. I understand that we're talking about two different questions here, but it's the same person answering them...the same person who wants to keep his "invincibility", so to speak.

Often times, Floyd says stuff to cover his ass anyway. At one point (read: up until the Mosley fight aftermath), he claimed to be the "best defensive fighter on the planet", and walked confidently in the "you cant hit what's not there" mind set.

THEN, AFTER he was rocked (and almost stopped) by Mosley, he immediately start blabbing about "Oh, it it it was a good shot, it was a good shot. Demarcus, uh uh uh Chop Chop Corley hit me wit a good shot, Zab Judah hit me wit a good shot, and kept on fighting". Before that though, he was the "best defensive fighter in the world" and told everybody that "you cant hit what's not there". Again, Floyd says things to hold people over and cover his own ass. Who wouldn't?

You never know with Floyd, but this whole "Emmanuel Augustus was my toughest fight" stuff, shouldn't be taken as the gospel.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Oct 12 2013, 05:49 PM
Post #93

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

makes sense.. cannot disagree Cshel86-- yet if they rematch Cotto gets beaten up and stopped with Sr there and being sharp without long layoffs.

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Oct 12 2013, 05:53 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 12 2013, 06:48 PM
Post #94

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Oct 12 2013, 01:36 PM) *

I believe so too, the Miguel Cotto trained by Freddie Roach, who fought last Saturday would get stopped in the late rounds by a Floyd Mayweather Jr with his father training him. He was just too open to be hit with punches but Delvin never threw any

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 15 2013, 02:35 AM
Post #95

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 12 2013, 07:48 PM) *
I believe so too, the Miguel Cotto trained by Freddie Roach, who fought last Saturday would get stopped in the late rounds by a Floyd Mayweather Jr with his father training him. He was just too open to be hit with punches but Delvin never threw any

You just hit the nail on the head bro

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 15 2013, 09:06 AM
Post #96

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 15 2013, 02:35 AM) *
You just hit the nail on the head bro

If Cotto leaves himself susceptible to punches like he did against Delvin, then Martinez is going to wipe the floor with him

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 08:02 PM