IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> W. Klitschko vs. David Haye:Word Heavyweight Title Fight, Who Will Win? Vote in the Poll and Comment
W. Klitschko vs. David Haye
Who Will Win?
Klitschko by Close Dec [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Klitschko by Wide Dec [ 3 ] ** [10.00%]
Klitschko by KO/TKO [ 17 ] ** [56.67%]
Haye by Close Dec [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Haye by Wide Decision [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Haybe by KO/TKO [ 10 ] ** [33.33%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 30
Guests cannot vote 
Lil-lightsout
post Jul 2 2011, 10:01 PM
Post #111

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 2 2011, 12:00 PM) *
Let me know how Transformers turn out!

I'm going to see Bad Teacher tonight with my girl but I'm trying to talk her into Transformers!

I liked Transformers 3 a lot, it did not "SUCK BIG DONKEY BALLS". I really liked Transformers 1, and the second one was not as good IMO. This one was pretty good, but I had my two young boys there constantly talking to me and distracting me. I look forward to seeing it again on Blu-ray when it comes out.

Oh...don't go see Troll Hunter. It is a big pile of steaming shit and I didn't even see it and never will! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BGv2.0
post Jul 3 2011, 02:13 AM
Post #112

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,304

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 2 2011, 10:01 PM) *
I liked Transformers 3 a lot, it did not "SUCK BIG DONKEY BALLS". I really liked Transformers 1, and the second one was not as good IMO. This one was pretty good, but I had my two young boys there constantly talking to me and distracting me. I look forward to seeing it again on Blu-ray when it comes out.

Oh...don't go see Troll Hunter. It is a big pile of steaming shit and I didn't even see it and never will! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Sounds like your boys have more sense than daddy! lol J/K

BUT...it does say something when a movie with supposedly cool robots can't keep kids occupied.

I think Bey's Transformers is a F'N abomination. Not only is it a disgrace to every serious Gen 1 Trans. fan...but the guy just makes TERRIBLE CRAP! His directing is atrocious. There are plot holes in ALL of his films that you could drive Optimus Prime through and he ALWAYS has the worst continuity in shots ever.

One second the kid is holding the cube, the next second he's not...oops...now it's back again! lol

or how about the driver that is in Barricade and gone and back again....

shit drives me bat shit crazy....just awful directing!

Making robots "pee" on people....giving Devestator "balls"....always having puppies hump things....he just sucks.

NOW....I will say that for once it looks like he MAY have gotten at least one robot correct....Shockwave.

I was not going to see this crap pile...because you never know how he is going to do things....I'd like to see if Shockwave was done correctly...but with Bey....he might only be in there for 2 minutes before he bites it.

SO....if you tell me that Shockwave has a decent role in the film....I'll go check it out!

The only saving grace is that this is Bey's final run at Transformers and hopefully a new director will come in and reset the franchise in a few years and do it right.

I swear the 1985 animated movie has more thought and emotion put into it than any of these 3 he has put out.

AND....I know you did not see Troll Hunter...because if you had....you would never had even sullied it's greatness by typing that...even in a "joking" fashion.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Jul 3 2011, 03:29 AM
Post #113

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jul 3 2011, 03:13 AM) *
Sounds like your boys have more sense than daddy! lol J/K

BUT...it does say something when a movie with supposedly cool robots can't keep kids occupied.

I think Bey's Transformers is a F'N abomination. Not only is it a disgrace to every serious Gen 1 Trans. fan...but the guy just makes TERRIBLE CRAP! His directing is atrocious. There are plot holes in ALL of his films that you could drive Optimus Prime through and he ALWAYS has the worst continuity in shots ever.

One second the kid is holding the cube, the next second he's not...oops...now it's back again! lol

Making robots "pee" on people....giving Devestator "balls"....always having puppies hump things....he just sucks.

NOW....I will say that for once it looks like he MAY have gotten at least one robot correct....Shockwave.

I was not going to see this crap pile...because you never know how he is going to do things....I'd like to see if Shockwave was done correctly...but with Bey....he might only be in there for 2 minutes before he bites it.

SO....if you tell me that Shockwave has a decent role in the film....I'll go check it out!

The only saving grace is that this is Bey's final run at Transformers and hopefully a new director will come in and reset the franchise in a few years and do it right.

I swear the 1985 animated movie has more thought and emotion put into it than any of these 3 he has put out.

AND....I know you did not see Troll Hunter...because if you had....you would never had even sullied it's greatness by typing that...even in a "joking" fashion.

I went with two of my friends and my two boys and they each have a boy. My boys(4 and 7) both loved it! They just kept talking to me and turning around, cause they had to sit in front of me cause it was packed, and they wanted candy and popcorn. I gave it too them in spurts cause i didn't trust them holding big thing of popcorn and their candy boxes.

My one friend loved it, the other thought it was okay and hopes another director redoes in a few years. He was a little critical of it.

I grew up watching Transformers, but to be honest I just do not remember everything like some do. I guess I was not as big of a fan as some. Sure these movies could have been better, but I am not the most sophisticated guy and I guess it's enough to satisfy me. Now I really did like the 1st Transformers, and ROTF did let me down. It just did not have that same excitement to me. Now this one was better than the last one, but of course some are going to hate it like the others.

One thing I did notice in the final battle scene, on 3 different shots in different angles this big clock was 3 different times at the same scene. I thought that was pretty bad I caught that 1st time watching it. You'd think someone making those big bucks would have seen that and have fixed it.

Man I ain't saying shit about Shockwave, lol. Just rent the movie when it comes out on dvd cause if you hated the first two, you surely will not like this one.

I never heard of Troll Hunter and have no clue what it's about. Does it have that midget evil guy in it and that former NFL player who played that cop in that 80's tv show? Haha.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jul 3 2011, 04:10 AM
Post #114

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 3 2011, 03:29 AM) *
I went with two of my friends and my two boys and they each have a boy. My boys(4 and 7) both loved it! They just kept talking to me and turning around, cause they had to sit in front of me cause it was packed, and they wanted candy and popcorn. I gave it too them in spurts cause i didn't trust them holding big thing of popcorn and their candy boxes.

My one friend loved it, the other thought it was okay and hopes another director redoes in a few years. He was a little critical of it.

I grew up watching Transformers, but to be honest I just do not remember everything like some do. I guess I was not as big of a fan as some. Sure these movies could have been better, but I am not the most sophisticated guy and I guess it's enough to satisfy me. Now I really did like the 1st Transformers, and ROTF did let me down. It just did not have that same excitement to me. Now this one was better than the last one, but of course some are going to hate it like the others.

One thing I did notice in the final battle scene, on 3 different shots in different angles this big clock was 3 different times at the same scene. I thought that was pretty bad I caught that 1st time watching it. You'd think someone making those big bucks would have seen that and have fixed it.

Man I ain't saying shit about Shockwave, lol. Just rent the movie when it comes out on dvd cause if you hated the first two, you surely will not like this one.

I never heard of Troll Hunter and have no clue what it's about. Does it have that midget evil guy in it and that former NFL player who played that cop in that 80's tv show? Haha.

Geez thanks for the rundown of family life LL and the free movie review.

Whaddya we gonna hear about next? You taking a dump (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jul 3 2011, 04:31 AM
Post #115

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jul 3 2011, 05:13 PM) *

True fans should launch a class action against Bay the piece of shit who DESTROYED the greatest cartoon franchise in history.

All the reasons you listed above & the fact that it is difficult to distinguish who is who (especially decepticons) & overcomplicating the robot modes is a huge mistake. That excludes the racist stereotypes he overtly displays & ruins the 2nd movie with.

I tried to watch it with my GF who gets confused enough with the G1 cartoon (she thought Soundwave was a good guy for ages) & she said I don't understand who is that? Are they good? Who is the bad guy? This is stupid!

I agree with her assesment

QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jul 3 2011, 05:13 PM) *

That is the only true Transformers movie. As a massive fan of the G1 series & a collector of Transformers I see G1 as a level of purity that can never be reached by the Bayverse trash. I refuse to collect the movie line toys on principal.

+Quote Post
BGv2.0
post Jul 3 2011, 10:44 AM
Post #116

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,304

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 3 2011, 04:31 AM) *
True fans should launch a class action against Bay the piece of shit who DESTROYED the greatest cartoon franchise in history.

All the reasons you listed above & the fact that it is difficult to distinguish who is who (especially decepticons) & overcomplicating the robot modes is a huge mistake. That excludes the racist stereotypes he overtly displays & ruins the 2nd movie with.

I tried to watch it with my GF who gets confused enough with the G1 cartoon (she thought Soundwave was a good guy for ages) & she said I don't understand who is that? Are they good? Who is the bad guy? This is stupid!

I agree with her assesment

That is the only true Transformers movie. As a massive fan of the G1 series & a collector of Transformers I see G1 as a level of purity that can never be reached by the Bayverse trash. I refuse to collect the movie line toys on principal.

I've always said Bey basically bent me over and raped me with an Optimus Prime toy in relation to raping my childhood. His reasoning behind major changes are so self centered it urks me! I mean, how can you fuck up Optimus Prime....I don't care if you make him a Mack, or a Peterbilt, or a Volvo.....all you have to do is make it a RED semitruck....that's it. When asked why he added blue flames.....his response...."because I like flames".....

GREAT....never mind 25 years of consistancy!

And you are toally correct in relation to the robots being overly complex.....9/10...I cannot tell where an arm begins and whose leg is whose....it's a like a jummbled mess of twisted shit.....it reminds me of cartoons when bugs bunny and daffy fuck would get into a fight and all you would see is clouds moving with arms and legs popping out.....lol

During the buildup for the first film...Bey once commented on how complex Jazz's gun was....saying that his gun alone had over 10,000 individual CGI generated peices. I new then he going to screw it all up.

Don't get me wrong...I understand that Hollywood would not want to give us the simple boxy transformations of the cartoon...and as a fan and with the capability of CGI....I would not want that. But it would be nice to have a middle ground between Bey's over complex world and the simplicity of the first.

And I think that will be the MAJOR problem for any poor director that has to try and right the ship. Bey has now set the bar with the sheep like masses that anything LESS than what he has given, will be seen as simplier and therefore not as good.

The only way I think it could be done would be to take it back to the American Civil War area....1860's. There was actually a comic done several years back in that time period that took all of the major cartoon players and put them in that time period....I think Optimus was a locomotive....or something. Starscream was a Red Baron looking propeller plane. Megatron was this huge cannon.

I think if they did that story line, the simpler transformations would be accepted due to the time period. PLUS...with it occuring during the civil war...civil war could still denote the battle between Autobots and Decepticons.

If you have not seen it, do a web search for some of those from that comic run, I think you would be impressed.

AND....for those that have not seen it check out the trialer for Troll Hunter on youtude.

Sorry that this thread has become so off topic....but after yesterday's fight...I doubt anybody really cares. lol

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 04:29 PM