Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Boxers Mayweather has ducked, Boxers mayweather is scared to fight
Run and Gun Game...
post Sep 30 2010, 01:52 AM
Post #31

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 195

Floyd isnt held to the same standard as other current fighters, nor should he be. In his own words he believes himself to be the greatest of all time, even greater in fact than Ray Robinson.

Therefor he is held to the Ray Robinson standard.

Same as Lebron James and Kobe Bryant are held to the Jordan standard.

Has he ducked fights? Yes

Did Oscar,? Yes

Difference is Oscar never proclaimed himself the greatest fighter of all time
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post Sep 30 2010, 02:03 AM
Post #32

Welterweight

QUOTE (jvo1800 @ Sep 29 2010, 10:49 PM) *
Yea Floyd buys jewelry, cars,etc. but earns it and can afford to do so and make sure his "kids are good".

Are you talking about the same floyd that beat the hell out of his kids mother, kicked her while she lay on the floor while the kids watched in terror, then threatened to beat the hell out of them if they went for help? The same floyd that chased after then when they ran to the guard gate for help? Are we talking about the same guy here, that wants to make sure his family is "taken care of"?

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Sep 30 2010, 02:54 AM
Post #33

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (thehype @ Sep 30 2010, 02:34 AM) *

Mayweather is already viewed negatively inside and outside of the boxing world. He'll never be considered a great fighter if he coasts into retirement, never get credit for his talent, and I really doubt his PPV numbers will remain strong if he laces up the gloves against chumps in the future. No real fight in 2011? He'll lose his mainstream appeal due to Arum's dismantling of his character and boxing fans don't want to pay for Mayweather/Ortiz.

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Sep 30 2010, 05:13 AM
Post #34

Guests

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 30 2010, 02:23 PM) *
I've been here long enough to know that no matter how big of a Floyd Mayweather fan you are there is no need to [b]try to justify most of his career moves. Besides..........he doesn't his damn self. Just let it go.[/b]

I think that sums it up pretty well. Very well put.

QUOTE (thehype @ Sep 30 2010, 04:40 PM) *
Ah, ah, ahhhhhh....He didn't fight Winky Wright, Vernon Forrest or Kostya Tsyzu...and he damn sure wouldn't give Whitaker or Quartey a rematch.

I'm just sayin.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I was actually tempted to comment on some other things, but I don't have time to go there right now.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Just had to get a quick dig in on Oscar.

Haha. There will always be fighters that fighters didn't fight.

Oscar De La Hoya has one of the best resumes (I'm not talking about wins) fighting high level fighters on a regular basis and that is fact. Other than Holyfield, not many people in modern times has a resume like these guys. They have fought more top guys than anyone. But you are right, he didn't fight those guys, but you can pick a couple of guys for just about everyone. There will always be some guys that someone could have fought but didn't.

I am not sure what point you are making, because I think the point I made was obvious. What I was trying to say was this.

• DLH was a bigger star and buisnessman than Floyd ever was - True
  • List of top level fighters DLH fought is significantly longer than Mayweather's - True
  • Mayweather's list of top level fighters Mayweather didn't fight is longer than DLH's - True

The guy (what ever his name was) I was arguing with, used Floyd 'being a business man and make money' is why Floyd picks and chooses. I said that DLH was an even bigger business man and it was never an excuse for him. The records speak for themselves.

This post has been edited by Fitz: Sep 30 2010, 05:14 AM

+Quote Post
Guest_ViperSniper_*
post Sep 30 2010, 05:38 AM
Post #35

Guests

Williams-Margarito
Margarito-Cintron
Cotto-Quintana
Mosley-Collazo
Berto-Quintana
Collazo-Berto
Cotto-Clottey
Margarito-Clottey
Cotto-Mosley
Mosley-Margarito
Margarito-Cotto

That was a very impressively deep era of Welterweights that all managed to somehow step in the ring against each other to prove who is the best! With such a big list I'm sorry if I left anyone out..

This post has been edited by ViperSniper: Sep 30 2010, 05:46 AM

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Sep 30 2010, 06:15 AM
Post #36

Guests

QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Sep 30 2010, 08:38 PM) *
Williams-Margarito
Margarito-Cintron
Cotto-Quintana
Mosley-Collazo
Berto-Quintana
Collazo-Berto
Cotto-Clottey
Margarito-Clottey
Cotto-Mosley
Mosley-Margarito
Margarito-Cotto

That was a very impressively deep era of Welterweights that all managed to somehow step in the ring against each other to prove who is the best! With such a big list I'm sorry if I left anyone out..

Hahaha. Excellent post.

+Quote Post
sweetscientist1
post Sep 30 2010, 11:53 AM
Post #37

SoCali Cum Guzzler

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,549

QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Sep 29 2010, 05:15 PM) *
Blah, blah....and I mean that as respectfully as possible. I just get fed up with all the 'this would happen', 'Floyd is too good', etc, etc.

Whatever happened, whoever you think would win, whatever you think would happen, hasn't. Bottom line. It hasn't.

Floyd hasn't fought the best of his era. Whether you think he would've beat them or not, Floyd hasn't stepped into the ring with the other upper level fighters consistantly.

Now that's fine for the average fighter - but the self proclaimed GOAT? No where near good enough.

You gotta understand man, I've been hearing this stuff since he became a welter weight. After whooping ass on cats like Hernandez and Corrales he moved up in weight and guys started saying he was running from guys. At that time the money was with guys like Naseem Hamed or Paul Spadafora. That's where Floyd was gonna get paid in the lower weight classes. And about the time he beat JLC both times, Jose was 13 pounds heavier than Floyd and Floyd handled him. At that time the buz was he was running from Ndou and Chop Chop Corley. Both of which he beat. But by the time he beat them he was running from Zab Judah and Shane Mosely. Than after kicking those 2 asses now he's running from Pacquaio, Cotto and Margarito. So I just assume when he taps all the forementioned ass you'll have someone else that he's runnung from.

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post Sep 30 2010, 12:31 PM
Post #38

Welterweight

Actually alot of people feel JLC beat Floyd in their first fight, so floyd didnt exactly handle him. I would have enjoyed the spadafora fight just because i think it would have been a good fight. I never heard floyd was ducking ndou? The zab Judah fight was kind of a favor to judah. You forget Judah had just dont the funky chicken dance when Kosta Tszyu ko'd him.

Floyds best moment in the ring to me was the Corrales fight. I though Corrales would beat Floyd because of his length. Floyd fought a fantastic fight.

As far as his next fight goes, it will be a tough opponent, and might be the first loss on his record. The Justice system can be a bitch.

+Quote Post
sweetscientist1
post Sep 30 2010, 01:06 PM
Post #39

SoCali Cum Guzzler

QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Sep 30 2010, 01:31 PM) *
Actually alot of people feel JLC beat Floyd in their first fight, so floyd didnt exactly handle him. I would have enjoyed the spadafora fight just because i think it would have been a good fight. I never heard floyd was ducking ndou? The zab Judah fight was kind of a favor to judah. You forget Judah had just dont the funky chicken dance when Kosta Tszyu ko'd him.

Floyds best moment in the ring to me was the Corrales fight. I though Corrales would beat Floyd because of his length. Floyd fought a fantastic fight.

As far as his next fight goes, it will be a tough opponent, and might be the first loss on his record. The Justice system can be a bitch.

Yeah I heard a lot of talk about ducking Ndou and Corley.Lots! And in Vegas where GG Torneys nationwide are king, the naysayers had Judah over Mayweather since they were both amateurs. Judah in NYC and Money in Grand Rapids & Detroit. JLC didn't win the 1st fight. He was fighting a wounded Money and might have won 5 rounds. I scored it 8 to 4 Money. JLC stalked him all nite but made marginal contact outside of 2 big shots in the whole fight. Other than that he was the aggressor who got popped all night long. That's what I saw and what the judges saw. If he lost that fight I would be the 1st one to give JLC his props but even though money was wounded with injuries he still took care of business. Who cares his personal troubles. That's not what I pay to see. If you need a role model for your kids try being a better parent!

+Quote Post
sweetscientist1
post Sep 30 2010, 01:33 PM
Post #40

SoCali Cum Guzzler

QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 29 2010, 10:40 PM) *
April 25 2006

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/ne...tory?id=2420382

On that date, these were Mayweather's opponents to date.

Zab Judah
Sharmba Mitchell
Arturo Gatti
Henry Bruseles
DeMarcus Corley
Phillip N'dou
Victoriano Sosa
Jose Luis Castillo
Jose Luis Castillo

Which one of those fights did he make $10 million?

Game, Set and Match Fitz.

Now don't you ever talk to me about boxing ever again.

Understand Floyd didn't take that fight because before the offer was made after Floyd and Arum were on the worst of terms. And, Floyd wanted to get the hell away from Top Rank (Do you hear me, Manny?) at any and all cost. I believe it cost him the 750k purse from the 2nd JLC fight + a 300k check from Al Heymon. Jeff Mayweather stated that when Floyd won the 2nd JLC fight that Arum was so pissed off that he put his soft lil hand through the drywall in the dressing room of Castillo and Arum stated," I can't beieve they gave taht lil shit the decision"! So this is where Floyd and Arums relationship parted ways because the next conversation that the 2 had the end result was mutual FU's.

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 11:10 PM