Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What the actual....excrement !
emd01
post Oct 22 2013, 08:54 PM
Post #21

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,811

This fight wont happen for one reason. Weight. No matter how much people talk about it Floyd will never fight above 154 and Hopkins big old ass is not going to cut to 154. This is a retarded match up. Its like Klitschko calling out Andre Ward at CW.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
emd01
post Oct 22 2013, 08:59 PM
Post #22

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 22 2013, 07:23 AM) *
I understand some fans want to see the boundaries pushed but in regards to Floyd, it's like they want some other worldly stuff to take place. I just appreciate the greatness because I know there will not be another fighter like Mayweather Jr, just like we will never see another Ray Robinson or Ray Leonard. It's funny how some people who say those things like Floyd should fight at 160, looking at some of them it's stuff they should be doing lol. I'm tired of fans trying to live thru athletes and also in this regard using Ray Leonard and the fighters of the 80's to justify Floyd fighting at 160.

They set their own path and Mayweather has blazed his own trail, I respect individuality and those who are original and he's definitely that. In regards to a fight with Bernard it just doesn't make sense. He doesn't have a belt at MW and hasn't been in that weight class in many years. It does nothing for his legacy to fight Hopkins. At this point another legacy defining fight besides the one he just had is against Tim Bradley. He can also have a legacy defining fight against a GGG if we going to be throwing stuff out there. Garcia has greatness or at least the potential to be great, that's a legacy fight. And like I said what about Manny whose going to be a free agent soon. All these fights make more sense then Bernard

Thats just how good the dude is. If any other LHW called out a WW to fight at 160 you damn sure wouldnt hear responses like, "It could happen if... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ok.gif) " All you'd hear is "Sit your big ass down."

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 22 2013, 10:30 PM
Post #23

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (emd01 @ Oct 22 2013, 08:59 PM) *
Thats just how good the dude is. If any other LHW called out a WW to fight at 160 you damn sure wouldnt hear responses like, "It could happen if... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ok.gif) " All you'd hear is "Sit your big ass down."

Indeed he is that good. Anytime a fight against a 175+ guy is being entertained then you know he's the truth.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 22 2013, 10:36 PM
Post #24

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Oct 22 2013, 01:23 PM) *
This is all sad but very true shit.

I believe that we are witnessing history, problem is people won't see it until 10 years from now and realize it.

I believe nobody beats Floyed. And when I say beat, I mean beat him definitely. He may get caught and get knocked out,.. this is boxing and it can happen. But there isn't a better fighter out there who can beat him..

Back to the topic,.. as smart as Bernard is he wouldn't beat him either. I still give Floyed the edge because his legs are still there. If he were to stand with the larger Bernard I can see a fight, other than that a cruise to the cards

We are witnessing history but it's just crazy that a majority of fans don't catchup until 5 or 10yrs afterwards like you said. I think he deserves to get the respect and love then and now. He's earned it.

Yeah anybody can get those lights turned out or maybe someone comes along and beats him on points, but I know I'm not holding my breath for it and I wouldn't bet on him losing.

We've seen Bernard struggle with fighters of Mayweather's ability. He doesn't t like boxers that can move, they give him great trouble. I think Floyd would win on points but this fight will never happen. It's a fantasy match up at best

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Oct 24 2013, 11:45 AM
Post #25

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Hopkins and Mayweather looks great on paper, but if people bitch and complain about Rigondeaux's boxing style and Mayweather's what do they think they will get from the two most technical fighters in the game? Its not going to be a slug feast it will be a technical master class from both fighters. No thanks. I rather Hopkins fight Ward or GGG and Mayweather fight Bradley or Danny.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 06:23 AM