IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Pac vs Marquez IIII (Preview and Poll), if your complaining just fuck off really...
Pacquiao-Marquez IV
Who Wins?
Pacquiao by Dec (Close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Pacquiao by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Pacquiao by TKO/KO [ 2 ] ** [22.22%]
Marquez by Dec (Close) [ 4 ] ** [44.44%]
Marquez by Dec (Wide) [ 1 ] ** [11.11%]
Marquez by TKO/KO [ 2 ] ** [22.22%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 9

checkleft
post Dec 1 2012, 01:07 AM
Post #71

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

The irony just keeps building, hernandez (marquez nutritionist) is going to sue Freddy roach for defamation lol. And it looks like roach won't be able to back out of this one as his comments were on USA today I believe, this is not good for roach.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 1 2012, 08:19 PM
Post #72

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 1 2012, 01:07 AM) *
The irony just keeps building, hernandez (marquez nutritionist) is going to sue Freddy roach for defamation lol. And it looks like roach won't be able to back out of this one as his comments were on USA today I believe, this is not good for roach.

Angel Heredia better keep his trap shut before that whole 8 weeks of training goes out the window. He better be careful and not mess up Marquez's payday...we ARE talking about Bob Arum here.

I'm glad that he's considering this, but this should've been news that we heard after the final bell of the fight. Looks like Marquez will get jobbed again, if it goes to the cards.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 1 2012, 08:27 PM
Post #73

Super Middleweight

I think he specifically said he was going after roach.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Dec 2 2012, 07:30 PM
Post #74

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 1 2012, 08:19 PM) *
Angel Heredia better keep his trap shut before that whole 8 weeks of training goes out the window. He better be careful and not mess up Marquez's payday...we ARE talking about Bob Arum here.

I'm glad that he's considering this, but this should've been news that we heard after the final bell of the fight. Looks like Marquez will get jobbed again, if it goes to the cards.

If you believe what FH puts out, it doesn't sound like Arum is too high on Freddie, as he reportedly tried to get him pink-slipped.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 2 2012, 09:00 PM
Post #75

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Dec 2 2012, 07:30 PM) *
If you believe what FH puts out, it doesn't sound like Arum is too high on Freddie, as he reportedly tried to get him pink-slipped.

I thought he was trying to get Ariza out there by banning him from the TR gym and so on. I always thought Freddie was Bob's little ass fairy. Maybe I was wrong...

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 2 2012, 10:48 PM
Post #76

Super Middleweight

I didn't know bob wanted Freddy gone either... But arum probably wants not part of this, Freddie roach said this stuff for a big name like USA today or something like that. He fucked up if this dude follows up

This post has been edited by checkleft: Dec 3 2012, 03:48 PM

+Quote Post
BoxingThrone
post Dec 3 2012, 02:07 PM
Post #77

Amateur

Member No.: 13,783

I think that this fight will be better than III. This one is set up to be more brutal. One thing about boxers is that as they get older, their reflexes slow down, and thusly, they get hit a lot more.

So, with the speed turned down on both fighters, who does it hurt the most? I say that Pac is gonna suffer more. I thought that Bradley really highlighted the loss of speed Pac has suffered (granted, Bradley makes most fighters look slow). Marquez has trouble with speed ... but with a slowed Pac, this is the best chance for JMM. Pac hasn't displayed much punching-power in a while either.

What's ironic is I think that JMM could win this fight "IF" he fights the same fight he fought in III. If he tries something different, he's giving up his advantage IMO.

I expect a late round stoppage in favor of JMM. I predict that Roach stops the fight in the corner after the 10th round to save a bloody Pac. If I was in Vegas, I'd be all over the "under 10 1/2 rounds" wager ...

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 3 2012, 05:08 PM
Post #78

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BoxingThrone @ Dec 3 2012, 03:07 PM) *
I think that this fight will be better than III. This one is set up to be more brutal. One thing about boxers is that as they get older, their reflexes slow down, and thusly, they get hit a lot more.

So, with the speed turned down on both fighters, who does it hurt the most? I say that Pac is gonna suffer more. I thought that Bradley really highlighted the loss of speed Pac has suffered (granted, Bradley makes most fighters look slow). Marquez has trouble with speed ... but with a slowed Pac, this is the best chance for JMM. Pac hasn't displayed much punching-power in a while either.

What's ironic is I think that JMM could win this fight "IF" he fights the same fight he fought in III. If he tries something different, he's giving up his advantage IMO.

I expect a late round stoppage in favor of JMM. I predict that Roach stops the fight in the corner after the 10th round to save a bloody Pac. If I was in Vegas, I'd be all over the "under 10 1/2 rounds" wager ...

thank you for putting my thoughts into words and welcome to the board! very good assessment. i can't disagree with anything stated.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Dec 6 2012, 11:37 AM
Post #79

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

I imagine IV will be more like III than I or II. Yeah they're getting older and slowing down but any drastic changes already took place. One year between III and IV as opposed to the 4 year intervals between first three. Marquez has strength and conditioning 'supposedly' finally kicking in but I don't really give a shit. i think those developments can take you only so far especially this late in a career. could be wrong though.

all of the fights have been competitive, its just the first two were great and the third was...just competitive, imho.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Dec 6 2012, 11:40 AM
Post #80

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

and oh, idk who wins but I'm rooting for Marquez and I hope he knocks Pacquiao out so there is no question. but i'm a dreamer and a marquez fan, lol. i dont think marquez has a knockout punch for pacquiao.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 05:38 AM