> High school boxing programs
daprofessor
post Sep 13 2012, 02:55 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 12 2012, 10:30 PM) *
they must not have a good one because I graduated hs from Brother Rice and I participate and still attend catholic league events and this has never came up. My friend stays across the street from de la salle and his cousin goes there and he says he don't know anything about it. Maybe they should do a better job of getting the word out there

brother rice isn't exactly a manly school so i wouldn't expect them to have boxing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/closedeyes.gif) de la salle on the other hand produces real men. maybe his cousin is a nerd who has no interest in those things? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i'm a meteor til i die!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

what's brother rice's mascot again? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 13 2012, 02:57 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 12 2012, 11:25 PM) *
Like I said I seriously doubt it unless they are private schools or something. With all the budget cuts and stuff

the schools don't actually support the programs but they are allowed to function. taft has held shows in the past....and crenshaw has as well.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 13 2012, 04:39 PM
Post #13

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 13 2012, 02:55 PM) *
brother rice isn't exactly a manly school so i wouldn't expect them to have boxing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/closedeyes.gif) de la salle on the other hand produces real men. maybe his cousin is a nerd who has no interest in those things? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i'm a meteor til i die!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

what's brother rice's mascot again? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Don't get it twisted Professor, I only went there because I was kicked out of Simeon for fighting. Simeon men over >>>De La Salle hahahaha

He aint no nerd but he thinks he's a thug, you know hos that goes lol. They didn't have a mascot when I was there

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 13 2012, 04:41 PM
Post #14

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 13 2012, 02:57 PM) *
the schools don't actually support the programs but they are allowed to function. taft has held shows in the past....and crenshaw has as well.

The only one I've heard that does a boxing program is Mt. Carmel, they stage amateur bouts from time to time. It's not funded by the school but by an association affiliated with Mt. Carmel

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 13 2012, 04:47 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 13 2012, 04:39 PM) *
Don't get it twisted Professor, I only went there because I was kicked out of Simeon for fighting. Simeon men over >>>De La Salle hahahaha

He aint no nerd but he thinks he's a thug, you know hos that goes lol. They didn't have a mascot when I was there

i went to public school in englewood before i transferred to private school. i won't sleep on u. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) simeon has always been a basketball powerhouse. when i was at de...mlk and simeon were number 1 and 2 in the nation....and we were number 3 in the state. i'm sure they still whoop ass in that dept. i think the kids boxing at de fight out of CBC. leo has had a boxing program for a while too.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 13 2012, 09:41 PM
Post #16

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 13 2012, 04:47 PM) *
i went to public school in englewood before i transferred to private school. i won't sleep on u. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) simeon has always been a basketball powerhouse. when i was at de...mlk and simeon were number 1 and 2 in the nation....and we were number 3 in the state. i'm sure they still whoop ass in that dept. i think the kids boxing at de fight out of CBC. leo has had a boxing program for a while too.

I remember that, damn you taking me back in the day lol.

I'm going to go check it out, that's awesome, they should have more programs including boxing, but the state and all these regulations make it hard.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 14 2012, 11:55 AM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 13 2012, 09:41 PM) *
I remember that, damn you taking me back in the day lol.

I'm going to go check it out, that's awesome, they should have more programs including boxing, but the state and all these regulations make it hard.

it's all really simple. so long as the kids are registered with usa boxing....they are covered. as for their affiliation with the schools...there are legal issues. for instance...they cannot use the schools name with out permission, but in most cases, there's nothing stopping them from creating a student run club or organization (a boxing club) and having them compete off campus.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 07:14 AM