IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Matthysse cancelling press tour, Smart or dumb move?
checkleft
post Aug 7 2013, 12:27 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Aug 7 2013, 09:38 AM) *
So Lucas doesnt have to do his part? Then why is he in the fight if hes not willing to help sell it?

He is on a Mayweather Canelo undercard. The shit is gonna sell itself, plus him staying in the gym and getting a W will give him more publicity than him showing up to a press tour that no one really cares for.

Tell me why weren't all these people bitching when the Garcia camp kept Judah out of the press conferences because they were "scared for their safety". Gtfoh, talk about a double standard
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 7 2013, 01:12 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 7 2013, 01:27 PM) *
He is on a Mayweather Canelo undercard. The shit is gonna sell itself, plus him staying in the gym and getting a W will give him more publicity than him showing up to a press tour that no one really cares for.

Tell me why weren't all these people bitching when the Garcia camp kept Judah out of the press conferences because they were "scared for their safety". Gtfoh, talk about a double standard

that was gbp that did that. zab went in on dlh.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Aug 7 2013, 06:19 PM
Post #13

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 7 2013, 09:27 AM) *

You crack me up. I bet after the fight your gonna say the numbers were only high because Matthysse vs Garcia was on the undercard. And people wonder why guys like PWill, Margarito, Rigo (before the Nonito fight), Matthysse (obviously before this fight), and others get passed up for other big names. Selling the fight is part of it. A huge part of it. We are still over a month out and fans wanted to see these two size each other up. Get the hype going for the next month. And watch you will be mad when Floyd low-balls Lucas during their negotiations, assuming Lucas gets passed Danny. Which isn't a guarantee.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 7 2013, 06:20 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 7 2013, 01:12 PM) *
that was gbp that did that. zab went in on dlh.

His dad admitted to being concerned for his sons safety supposedly. Their camp is on a BS diet

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 8 2013, 04:24 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 7 2013, 07:20 PM) *
His dad admitted to being concerned for his sons safety supposedly. Their camp is on a BS diet

in regards to p.e.d testing...i get that.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 8 2013, 05:11 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Aug 7 2013, 06:19 PM) *
You crack me up. I bet after the fight your gonna say the numbers were only high because Matthysse vs Garcia was on the undercard. And people wonder why guys like PWill, Margarito, Rigo (before the Nonito fight), Matthysse (obviously before this fight), and others get passed up for other big names. Selling the fight is part of it. A huge part of it. We are still over a month out and fans wanted to see these two size each other up. Get the hype going for the next month. And watch you will be mad when Floyd low-balls Lucas during their negotiations, assuming Lucas gets passed Danny. Which isn't a guarantee.

Lmao how much do you wanna bet bra? Pm me the amount, ill take your money. Only hardcore fans know Danny vs Lucas is a bad ass match up, the rest are just tuning in to see if mayweather will lose. This press conference shit wouldn't have done anything for them, Danny only does DECENT numbers on stacked cards with nothing but Brooklyn fighters in BROOKLYN. Gtfoh

I wouldn't blame Floyd for passing on Lucas OR DANNY. Neither guy deserves the fight, and Floyd can low ball either guy if he wants he owns the discussion at WW and Jr. MW.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 8 2013, 06:49 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 8 2013, 06:11 PM) *
Lmao how much do you wanna bet bra? Pm me the amount, ill take your money. Only hardcore fans know Danny vs Lucas is a bad ass match up, the rest are just tuning in to see if mayweather will lose. This press conference shit wouldn't have done anything for them, Danny only does DECENT numbers on stacked cards with nothing but Brooklyn fighters in BROOKLYN. Gtfoh

I wouldn't blame Floyd for passing on Lucas OR DANNY. Neither guy deserves the fight, and Floyd can low ball either guy if he wants he owns the discussion at WW and Jr. MW.

the best 2 fighters at 140 fighting each other to determine who's best don't deserve a shot at floyd??? who, in your opinion, is more deserving than the winner of that match?

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 8 2013, 07:18 PM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 8 2013, 06:49 PM) *
the best 2 fighters at 140 fighting each other to determine who's best don't deserve a shot at floyd??? who, in your opinion, is more deserving than the winner of that match?

Yea they are the best at 140 but who knows how they fare at 147 with the difference in weight stronger punchers ect. There is a lack of opponents but there is still martinez, after that its a free for all but mayweather would still be in the driver seat. And depending on how the canelo fight goes there may be a rematch

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 8 2013, 07:39 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 8 2013, 08:18 PM) *
Yea they are the best at 140 but who knows how they fare at 147 with the difference in weight stronger punchers ect. There is a lack of opponents but there is still martinez, after that its a free for all but mayweather would still be in the driver seat. And depending on how the canelo fight goes there may be a rematch

i think the winner of this fight is a front runner to face floyd. who at 147 (besides jmm who doesn't want a rematch) has a better win than a win over matthysse or garcia? i think we can give up on hopes of floyd facing anyone at 160. i wouldn't mind him seeing face one of the other belt holders at 154...but that's highly unlikely. we know pac ain't fighting him. who else is there?

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 8 2013, 08:04 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 8 2013, 07:39 PM) *
i think the winner of this fight is a front runner to face floyd. who at 147 (besides jmm who doesn't want a rematch) has a better win than a win over matthysse or garcia? i think we can give up on hopes of floyd facing anyone at 160. i wouldn't mind him seeing face one of the other belt holders at 154...but that's highly unlikely. we know pac ain't fighting him. who else is there?

I'm pretty sure if martinez got a shot he wouldn't mind (even killing himself) going down to 154. But let's be real neither guy has faced anybody on floyds level, they both had trouble with Judah.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 02:05 PM