IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Guerrero and God's Plan, Who do u want to be humbled more, Floyd or Guerrero?
BrutUalBK
post Mar 29 2013, 02:01 PM
Post #41

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 29 2013, 01:31 PM) *
i said that before!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i knew he had david in mind when he was talking all this religious stuff. floyd is the goliath financially and skill wise. guerrero is being genuine with all of this. this is not an act...it's not mind games. he truly believes this. never underestimate the power of faith.

a lot of what robert was saying is on point. but what stuck out most to me in that article is [b]paulie malignaggi's take on this fight[/b]. guerrero is going to make this floyds hardest victory to date....if floyd gets the victory.

Yeah, I liked the way PM broke down this fight. I do believe that RG will be a tough opponent and his father said that they are studying tape pinpointing all of Floyd's weaknesses but sometimes when you tend to focus on someone else's weakness you tend to overlook those of your own.

I believe that RG's defense (having a great offense) will fail him because he will take too many shots and it will be clear that FMJr is ahead thus placing RG in a position where he is going to need a KO to win against the best defense in boxing we've seen since PW.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 29 2013, 02:16 PM
Post #42

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 29 2013, 02:01 PM) *
Yeah, I liked the way PM broke down this fight. I do believe that RG will be a tough opponent and his father said that they are studying tape pinpointing all of Floyd's weaknesses but sometimes when you tend to focus on someone else's weakness you tend to overlook those of your own.

I believe that RG's defense (having a great offense) will fail him because he will take too many shots and it will be clear that FMJr is ahead thus placing RG in a position where he is going to need a KO to win against the best defense in boxing we've seen since PW.

robert's been studying him since the amateurs. there's nothing new they're going to learn in the tapes. robert has all the ingredients he needs. the important thing for him to remember is when floyd shuts down one of his weapons...he should switch to another. i think he should also consider being a little more defensive after his assaults because of floyds counter punching. cotto took a lot away from floyd by not being there for the counter punches. it was the most floyd had ever missed in his career. make no mistake about it...floyd is on the decline. guerrero is very dangerous.

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post Mar 29 2013, 03:26 PM
Post #43

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,802

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 29 2013, 02:16 PM) *
robert's been studying him since the amateurs. there's nothing new they're going to learn in the tapes. robert has all the ingredients he needs. the important thing for him to remember is when floyd shuts down one of his weapons...he should switch to another. i think he should also consider being a little more defensive after his assaults because of floyds counter punching. cotto took a lot away from floyd by not being there for the counter punches. it was the most floyd had ever missed in his career. make no mistake about it...floyd is on the decline. guerrero is very dangerous.

Problem is, you are asking RG to limit his offense and think in the ring. Things which work to FMJ's advantage. RG's defense is his offense and Floyd has infinite more knowledge and adjust on the fly during the fight. Limited head movement and his feet get out of position periodically during flurries, so he better not miss, which we know he will.

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post Mar 29 2013, 03:34 PM
Post #44

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,802

I am a follower of Christ. One thing reading the Word of God has taught me is that I am a piece of walking shit. The scripture should indict us in reading how far we are from living true to the word and compel us to be humble in our faith. We speak the Word of God boldly and witness before men, not because of our own righteousness, but the truth in the scripture. If we had no sin and our faith made us worthy, no Christian boxer should ever have lost to Ali.

Is 65:5Which say, Stand by thyself, come not near to me; for I am holier than thou. These are a smoke in my nose, a fire that burneth all the day.
Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 29 2013, 05:07 PM
Post #45

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Mar 29 2013, 03:34 PM) *
I am a follower of Christ. One thing reading the Word of God has taught me is that I am a piece of walking shit. The scripture should indict us in reading how far we are from living true to the word and compel us to be humble in our faith. We speak the Word of God boldly and witness before men, not because of our own righteousness, but the truth in the scripture. If we had no sin and our faith made us worthy, no Christian boxer should ever have lost to Ali.

Is 65:5Which say, Stand by thyself, come not near to me; for I am holier than thou. These are a smoke in my nose, a fire that burneth all the day.
Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

See this is where we need to be careful when we call ourselves Christian and Followers of Christ, not saying that RG curses or uses profanity but when you walk that line of passing judgment on others then you are not walking in Christ which is where the line gets blurred and people no longer see you as Christian but see you only as they are but yet just another hypocrite:

(in reference to using profanity) Ephesians 4:29 tells us, "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." First Peter 3:10 declares, "For, whoever would love life and see good days must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from deceitful speech." James 3:9-12 summarizes the issue: "With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water."

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 29 2013, 05:12 PM
Post #46

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Mar 29 2013, 08:26 PM) *
Problem is, you are asking RG to limit his offense and think in the ring. Things which work to FMJ's advantage. RG's defense is his offense and Floyd has infinite more knowledge and adjust on the fly during the fight. Limited head movement and his feet get out of position periodically during flurries, so he better not miss, which we know he will.

Your talking as if nobody in the world is smarter than Mayweather. Just like brawn has limit, so does brains.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 29 2013, 06:55 PM
Post #47

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 29 2013, 11:31 AM) *
i said that before!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i knew he had david in mind when he was talking all this religious stuff. floyd is the goliath financially and skill wise. guerrero is being genuine with all of this. this is not an act...it's not mind games. he truly believes this. never underestimate the power of faith.

a lot of what robert was saying is on point. but what stuck out most to me in that article is paulie malignaggi's take on this fight. guerrero is going to make this floyds hardest victory to date....if floyd gets the victory.

Professor I am a believer I am, but the story with David is that God hand picked him. hand picked him! And guess what God even told David what to use to defeat Goliath. I understand what he was saying but he carries a gun from state to state and he wants to say a statement like he doesn't get involved in all the craziness, WHAT! A walking contradiction.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 29 2013, 06:59 PM
Post #48

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Mar 29 2013, 03:26 PM) *

not really...all he needs to do is move his head at the end of every combination he throws and pull them hands back to the home position. he's going to get hit/countered...but at least limit it.

one thing i will say....robert in the trenches is far better than shane, ortiz and cotto put together at this point. robert is going to take it to the trenches and he will land on floyd much more than floyd is used to. he's going to make floyd work for this win harder than he's had to work for any other.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 29 2013, 07:03 PM
Post #49

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 29 2013, 05:07 PM) *
See this is where we need to be careful when we call ourselves Christian and Followers of Christ, not saying that RG curses or uses profanity but when you walk that line of passing judgment on others then you are not walking in Christ which is where the line gets blurred and people no longer see you as Christian but see you only as they are but yet just another hypocrite:

(in reference to using profanity) Ephesians 4:29 tells us, "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." First Peter 3:10 declares, "For, whoever would love life and see good days must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from deceitful speech." James 3:9-12 summarizes the issue: "With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water."

the bible contradicts itself in so many ways....this is why there are so many different interpretations of it. this is why there are so many different churches that call themselves followers of christ. who's following the new testament? who's following the old? is that the kings james version? etc..etc...

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 29 2013, 07:05 PM
Post #50

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 29 2013, 06:55 PM) *
Professor I am a believer I am, but the story with David is that God hand picked him. hand picked him! And guess what God even told David what to use to defeat Goliath. I understand what he was saying but he carries a gun from state to state and he wants to say a statement like he doesn't get involved in all the craziness, WHAT! A walking contradiction.

again...the bible itself is filled with contradictions. so it's followers are not allowed to contradict themselves?

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 11:28 AM