IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Roach on Mayweaher: After Boxing, He Has Nothing, and Manny Has Everything.
BoxingFan86
post Mar 10 2012, 07:33 AM
Post #11

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Mar 9 2012, 11:37 PM) *
i thought it was 40 million?

wasn't that confirmed from both sides?

Of course it was confirmed by both sides. That's 1 of the reasons why people are sayin', "Roach is bull-shittin' the public." He may've meant to say 40 million, but he said 400,000 instead.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Mar 10 2012, 09:06 AM
Post #12

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Everytime anybody from Team Pacquiao mentions Floyds name they sound like bitches. They should just keep Floyds name out of their mouth. But it would be hard to piggy back off of Floyds name without a little name dropping.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 10 2012, 09:43 AM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

Agreed with the comments that this smacks of damage control and that Roach's credibility, IMO, is on par with the average Pactard's at this point. Haha "$400,000." Even the Bobfather wouldn't say something so blatantly ridiculous...wait he just might.

I'm going to be following the VQ and Philippines tax litigation the same way that some people were following the trial of wacko-jacko's poor doctor.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Mar 10 2012, 10:03 AM
Post #14

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 10 2012, 10:43 AM) *
Agreed with the comments that this smacks of damage control and that Roach's credibility, IMO, is on par with the average Pactard's at this point. Haha "$400,000." Even the Bobfather wouldn't say something so blatantly ridiculous...wait he just might.

I'm going to be following the VQ and Philippines tax litigation the same way that some people were following the trial of wacko-jacko's poor doctor.

Too soon bro. lol.

It is damage control. Pac is getting in trouble with taxes. His house of cards are falling. He is known to have money trouble. I think Floyd will be more relevant retired. He has a bunch of young fighters in his gym and imagine all the people will be begging him to be in their corner. And his promotional gig. Mayweather has a lot going for him. And it seems his money is in order. Funny how ESPN always says Mayweather wants easier bouts because he is in trouble with taxes and low on funds ironically there was no mention about Pacquiao's tax issues. The media picks their heroes and villains.

+Quote Post
Thickback
post Mar 10 2012, 10:04 AM
Post #15

Strawweight

Member No.: 12,355

Roach is a dumb ass.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 10 2012, 12:08 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

i hardly think you can call the man a dumbass

+Quote Post
duwdu
post Mar 10 2012, 02:02 PM
Post #17

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 11,536

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 9 2012, 10:40 PM) *
either way you see it he has a point, yes he is talking some bullshit, but I wonder how it Mayweather will take retirement, it was obvious he couldn't stay away from boxing and craved the attention, will he ever truly retire? I mean his skills will allow him to fight into his later years I think since he doesn't really get into wars, while MP has the whole being a congress blah blah blah after boxing. But it also would seem like bullshit cause that almost sounds like sincerity and when the hells Mayweather ever been sincere, seems like a plea.

W.r.t. Mayweather going into that "retirement," I honestly didn't think he was actually retiring. In my view, he was already aware of the need to self-preserve and allow his body to re-build, which was smart. Secondly, he was just being a student of the game by learning to do even better what some of those greats before him had done, including more recently SRL.

Mayweather is too egoistic to blab out such weakness (as insinuated by Roach) to anyone at this stage of his career. Besides, with the happenings in the last couple of years, he is genuinely on top of his game, especially when it comes to his timing as to when to do what in his boxing career.

As for Roach, I think such trash talking behavior could result from a combination of his incoherency and the need for damage control during these trying times.

P34c3

+Quote Post
duwdu
post Mar 10 2012, 02:07 PM
Post #18

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 11,536

QUOTE (Archimedes @ Mar 10 2012, 01:01 AM) *
Hmmmmm, the first thing I thought when I read this was "damage control." A statement like this completely lacks authenticity because we all know Floyd Mayweather and are intimately familiar with his ego. I couldn't imagine a scenario like Roach's even if were high. But in the end, as smokes screens go this one seems pretty desperate. We have in a statement a docile kind of contriteness the Anti-Mayweather camp has wanted in the form of a beating. It almost seems like a pathetic attempt to appease Pacquiao’s mod of mindless followers that when they talked Floyd was humble and respectful to your god. To me, this smacks of naked acceptance that a segment of Pacquiao's following has little connection to reality.

The pertinent question should be to the average observer, does Roach's scenario seem plausible?

You're spot on in my book Archimedes, more so with the bolded part.

P34c3

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 10 2012, 09:44 PM
Post #19

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

Roach has had it in for Floyd since 07 when Floyd schooled De la Hoya. I believe he's just spewing some bullshit here because from all previous accounts, he wasn't even around Manny at any time when these conversations took place. And I just find it hard to believe that Floyd would even say some shit like that to Manny. If those words were said, best believe it would've been blown up and over-anaylized a million times by now

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Mar 10 2012, 09:45 PM

+Quote Post
un01
post Mar 11 2012, 02:48 AM
Post #20

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,229

i think floyd could of said something similar to that, but i doubt he uttered the words "you have everything, i dont". most likely he told manny he can not give him a 50/50 split, cause he makes all his money in the ring, and doesnt get outside endorsements.

most likely roach is over exaggerating words that were said between floyd and manny

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 10:42 AM