IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ALVARADO vs MARQUEZ, Who are you picking??
BrutUalBK
post Mar 24 2014, 10:45 AM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

I'm taking Marquez via KO stoppage somewhere around 10. How do you see this ending??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Mar 24 2014, 11:04 AM
Post #2

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

Same way Marquez late ko... Mike likes to brawl too much when he's actually a decent boxer. He could of beat ruslan if he just boxed... but like the 2nd Rios fight he couldn't resist the bait. Rus just had more pop.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Mar 24 2014, 11:13 AM
Post #3

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

Marquez should put him away in the late rounds but I thought he showed his age in the Bradley fight. It also could be that Bradley just looked stellar against him, I don't know. I'm thinking Marquez by UD.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 24 2014, 11:26 AM
Post #4

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (wolterb @ Mar 24 2014, 11:13 AM) *
Marquez should put him away in the late rounds but I thought he showed his age in the Bradley fight. It also could be that Bradley just looked stellar against him, I don't know. I'm thinking Marquez by UD.

No Bradley is just that much more faster than JMM, if you go back and look at the Mayweather vs JMM fight you'll see that Floyd made him look even slower than Tim did.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Mar 24 2014, 11:35 AM
Post #5

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

^that is fair but I think Marquez is more comfortable at welterweight now than he was in 2009. His timing just didn't look right to me in the Bradley fight or even the fourth pacquiao fight, ironically. But you are right. I'm not trying to take anything from Bradley. Bradley also shut down Marquez' offense like Mayweather did.

+Quote Post
KSUN247
post Mar 24 2014, 12:02 PM
Post #6

Flyweight

Member No.: 14,011

I'll take Alvarado with a bounce back win via SD. He'll box with Marquez and will resist getting in a brawl. He doesn't want to get KO'ed again. Marquez has had a HOF career, but I think it's time for him to hang it up. If he wants to continue after this loss, go have a farewell fight in front of his fans in Mexico.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 24 2014, 12:43 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

...still scratching my head and wondering why this fight is even happening.

By the way, Marquez aint knocking nobody out...it will go to the cards. I believe this one is happening at 143 lbs as well.

They need to test Marquez...

"That mother***** is on the A-side meth, that's what the f*** he's on," "It's called the A-side meth. He on that or he on something else. The A-side meth is what they used to have 500 years ago. Remember when the Philippines were fighting the US soldiers? They were shooting them motherf****s with 45s. And 45s were bouncing off their motherf****ng a$$. They weren't even dying!"

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 24 2014, 01:15 PM
Post #8

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 24 2014, 12:43 PM) *
...still scratching my head and wondering why this fight is even happening.

By the way, Marquez aint knocking nobody out...it will go to the cards. I believe this one is happening at 143 lbs as well.

They need to test Marquez...

"That mother***** is on the A-side meth, that's what the f*** he's on," "It's called the A-side meth. He on that or he on something else. The A-side meth is what they used to have 500 years ago. Remember when the Philippines were fighting the US soldiers? They were shooting them motherf****s with 45s. And 45s were bouncing off their motherf****ng a$$. They weren't even dying!"

Tell that to Manny Pacquiao when you wake him up!! Alvarado makes the mistake of fighting too much and not boxing which will be his mistake, JMM can take Alvo's punches but I'm not sure he can take Marquez's.

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Mar 24 2014, 02:22 PM
Post #9

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

if (and it's a big if) mike stays more disciplined in sticking to the game plan, he can pull off the W against juan. i think alvarado has enough pop in his punches and grit to give marquez a tough time, but then again, juan could just go out there and out-vet him by staying patient and pulling him into deep waters. right now, i give it to mike by decision...def dont see juan stopping this one early.

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post Mar 24 2014, 02:30 PM
Post #10

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,114

rooting for JMM here, need to clear the air of these fringe contenders (Alvarado, Rios, Provo) Caveman boxing 101

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 11:50 AM