IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Klitschko is Ducking-Straight Up!!, What are your thoughts on this??
checkleft
post Aug 15 2013, 02:10 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

How is it a duck? I'm pretty sure it clearly says he's injured. Now should he be allowed to keep the title? That's the real question
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Aug 15 2013, 04:59 PM
Post #12

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Aug 14 2013, 07:09 PM) *
Klitschko's aren't anything special just came to be in a non-special heavyweight era but come on..stiverne!! Stiverne..he's not finding his way into the inside all night all he'd do is eat jabs all night. Stiverne is a brawler with very little to no technique at all.

WTF?? Obviously you've never seen this kid (Stiverne) fight because if you had then you'd know that dude has all the wrinkles and is an A level boxer and damn near a Master Boxer as far as HW and their skills are concerned.

Here I'll try to help you out, please watch the things that he does in this fight, dude has the skills that pays the bills, he does things that some of the throwback fighters did of yesteryear....lol B Stiverne a Brawler lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQsZCKApPJ8

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 15 2013, 06:05 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Aug 14 2013, 08:09 PM) *
Klitschko's aren't anything special just came to be in a non-special heavyweight era but come on..stiverne!! Stiverne..he's not finding his way into the inside all night all he'd do is eat jabs all night. Stiverne is a brawler with very little to no technique at all.

Have you ever watched stiverne?

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Aug 15 2013, 10:10 PM
Post #14

Lightweight

QUOTE (sduck @ Aug 14 2013, 07:52 PM) *
I wouldn't call this a duck, more like not taking this fight seriously. A duck is when a fighter avoids the fight because they're scared of the fighter or the consequences. Why would the Klitschkos be scared of Stiverne? What does Stiverne bring to the table that either Klitschko hasn't annihilated before?

Your focus is too narrow-minded on this, first of all you failed to address that Klits has previously ducked Stiverne on this not even citing any type of injury or other valid reason to not have this fight. As far as you believing Stiverne having nothing to threaten Klits with then really there are only 2 things I can say on that subject:

1. Klits isn't the same fighter he once was, he's older, has been injured and is slower than Stiverne
2. Stiverne is younger, faster and more technically sound than most of the fighters that Klits has faced in recent years.

Sure Stiverne hasn't seen the likes of Klits before in the ring but keep in mind all the things I stated above and you can clearly see that Klits knows there is a reason why he has avoided fighting this man twice already.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Aug 15 2013, 10:11 PM
Post #15

Lightweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 15 2013, 06:05 PM) *
Have you ever watched stiverne?

It's evident that he hasn't because no one I know will call Stiverne a Brawler.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Aug 15 2013, 10:52 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

To me, he's ducking Stiverne.

Stiverne looked easily as good and actually better than Arreola when he recently beat up Arreola. If Klitschko couldn't stop Chisora, he's going to have his hands full with a young guy like Bermane who showed he can take a punch in his last bout. Also, Klitschko and Stiverne both fought Arreola and did about the same amount of damage to him. Of course Arreola's a bit older now, but it's an interesting fact anyway.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 16 2013, 12:34 AM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Aug 15 2013, 11:10 PM) *
Your focus is too narrow-minded on this, first of all you failed to address that Klits has previously ducked Stiverne on this not even citing any type of injury or other valid reason to not have this fight. As far as you believing Stiverne having nothing to threaten Klits with then really there are only 2 things I can say on that subject:

1. Klits isn't the same fighter he once was, he's older, has been injured and is slower than Stiverne
2. Stiverne is younger, faster and more technically sound than most of the fighters that Klits has faced in recent years.

Sure Stiverne hasn't seen the likes of Klits before in the ring but keep in mind all the things I stated above and you can clearly see that Klits knows there is a reason why he has avoided fighting this man twice already.

They have cited a hand injury.

The only problem I have with this is him being able to keep the belt, if he can't defend it he should drop the belt and let stiverne fight someone else for it. It's still not ducking though, stiverne has only fought arreola. Him and adamek would be good

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Aug 16 2013, 12:13 PM
Post #18

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 16 2013, 12:34 AM) *

The only problem I have with this is him being able to keep the belt, if he can't defend it he should drop the belt and let stiverne fight someone else for it. It's still not ducking though, stiverne has only fought arreola. Him and adamek would be good

Agree one hundr-o with you. Its not like Vitali is the only guy with a belt either

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Aug 16 2013, 05:33 PM
Post #19

Lightweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 16 2013, 12:34 AM) *

Yeah they cited the hand injury for this time but what were his excuses for not making it happen the last 2 times?? I agree he should not get to keep the belt and I find it awfully strange that he appeared at Suliman's house to give him a present just at the time they had to make a decision on whether or not he gets to keep his belt.

I still haven't seen any reasons why Klits did not fight/face Stiverne in the previous outings but everyone readily defends Klits now he's citing a "hand injury" for this bout now.

I know that Stiverne hasn't fought anyone other than Arreola but he beat him so decisively that it is easy to see that there will be many of HWs who will flat out duck him and I happen to believe that Klits is doing just that despite his record of beating anyone and everyone they put in front of him.

Klit has slowed down and is getting up there in age, Stiverne is fresh, fast, can take a good shot, has great defense and moves/punches at angles-dude is a serious threat for any HW and I'm hoping he gets a shots before Klit retires.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 16 2013, 07:19 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Aug 16 2013, 06:33 PM) *
Yeah they cited the hand injury for this time but what were his excuses for not making it happen the last 2 times?? I agree he should not get to keep the belt and I find it awfully strange that he appeared at Suliman's house to give him a present just at the time they had to make a decision on whether or not he gets to keep his belt.

I still haven't seen any reasons why Klits did not fight/face Stiverne in the previous outings but everyone readily defends Klits now he's citing a "hand injury" for this bout now.

I know that Stiverne hasn't fought anyone other than Arreola but he beat him so decisively that it is easy to see that there will be many of HWs who will flat out duck him and I happen to believe that Klits is doing just that despite his record of beating anyone and everyone they put in front of him.

Klit has slowed down and is getting up there in age, Stiverne is fresh, fast, can take a good shot, has great defense and moves/punches at angles-dude is a serious threat for any HW and I'm hoping he gets a shots before Klit retires.

Idk about great defense, but I've seen two of his fights and I like the way he carries himself. He has a very good chin a stiff jab and seems to just keep coming forward and busting you up the whole night. I see him a step ahead of Mitchell and wilder

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 04:11 AM