IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Preview and Comments For HBO/Showtime Duel Cards, Saturday Night!
Cshel86
post Dec 4 2013, 01:31 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 3 2013, 11:15 PM) *
Good calls,

I thought Trout beat Canelo. For me it was a draw to two point edge for either guy. No way the wide score that the judges had.

Jack

I feel myself being more and more generous as I watch that fight. Trout wasn't fighting with much confidence, and truthfully, there wasn't much action going on. With that in mind, those rounds could've gone either way. I gave most of those rounds to Canelo.

People make it a point to say how gassed Canelo was, midway through the fight, but he was the one throwing with confidence and landing the bigger shots. Did he have his way with Trout? He could've, because Trout's confidence was shot after he got put on the canvas, and it showed throughout the remainder of the fight.

I just think that it will be the same in the Lara fight. There may not be that much action, but best believe, Lara will be the one that throws the noteworthy shots. Think about it, there wasn't much action in the Canelo/Trout fight, which left rounds in the air, and Canelo was awarded those rounds. Lara is more equipped to deal with Trout, and his movement and quick hands, will give Trout hell.

QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 4 2013, 10:21 AM) *
I agree. I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but given how good this Showtime card is, it's perplexing to me that a rival promoter would put their fighter out there on this date. Do you think this is Arum saying "Fuck you Rigondeaux. Not only do I not care about your fight, I'm going to put it on the same day as a Showtime card that's much better"?

Pretty much
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 4 2013, 03:27 PM
Post #12

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 4 2013, 12:31 PM) *
I feel myself being more and more generous as I watch that fight. Trout wasn't fighting with much confidence, and truthfully, there wasn't much action going on. With that in mind, those rounds could've gone either way. I gave most of those rounds to Canelo.

People make it a point to say how gassed Canelo was, midway through the fight, but he was the one throwing with confidence and landing the bigger shots. Did he have his way with Trout? He could've, because Trout's confidence was shot after he got put on the canvas, and it showed throughout the remainder of the fight.

I just think that it will be the same in the Lara fight. There may not be that much action, but best believe, Lara will be the one that throws the noteworthy shots. Think about it, there wasn't much action in the Canelo/Trout fight, which left rounds in the air, and Canelo was awarded those rounds. Lara is more equipped to deal with Trout, and his movement and quick hands, will give Trout hell.

Pretty much

Could this go to a decision that we see bullshit happening? (Williams-Lara) Where Lara becomes a victim again? I just think that most of these fights have the potential to be very close and perhaps controversal. Expect distance fights and a long night of DVR recording if you record this Showtime card. I think I am going to watch the HBO card first. Than maybe split my viewing over two nights for the four-fight Showtime card.

What is good is that we have more than two fights on both networks!

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 4 2013, 03:44 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 4 2013, 03:27 PM) *
Could this go to a decision that we see bullshit happening? (Williams-Lara) Where Lara becomes a victim again? I just think that most of these fights have the potential to be very close and perhaps controversal. Expect distance fights and a long night of DVR recording if you record this Showtime card. I think I am going to watch the HBO card first. Than maybe split my viewing over two nights for the four-fight Showtime card.

What is good is that we have more than two fights on both networks!

Jack

I'm not even sure if we'll see a Williams/Lara type of decision. It's almost like only hardcore fans care about a Lara/Trout fight, so, if the judges really wanna spite us, then they'll give us another Martirosyan/Lara type of decision...some type of draw. I say that because neither guy has anything huge on the horizon...well, nothing that huge that force the judges to give us shitty cards.

Trout has the ability to make a fight boring, and Lara...well, it depends on which Lara shows up. If the Lara that carefully seeks and destroys actually shows up, then we'll see something good. If the "content to play it safe" Lara shows up, then we'll have a snoozer.

There's a silver lining here though...both of them are southpaws, so the fight should flow, rather have those weird standstills and tangle fests that conventional and southpaw fighters engage in, when one or the other doesn't know how to effectively get inside.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 4 2013, 03:48 PM
Post #14

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 4 2013, 09:21 AM) *
I agree. I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but given how good this Showtime card is, it's perplexing to me that a rival promoter would put their fighter out there on this date. Do you think this is Arum saying "Fuck you Rigondeaux. Not only do I not care about your fight, I'm going to put it on the same day as a Showtime card that's much better"?

Ha, I wouldn't be surprised if it was his way of saying Rigo doesn't draw viewers and this and that and ten to validate his claims of Rigo not being high on the fans radars. Arum is a spiteful little bastard, that we all know

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 4 2013, 04:15 PM
Post #15

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 4 2013, 02:44 PM) *
I'm not even sure if we'll see a Williams/Lara type of decision. It's almost like only hardcore fans care about a Lara/Trout fight, so, if the judges really wanna spite us, then they'll give us another Martirosyan/Lara type of decision...some type of draw. I say that because neither guy has anything huge on the horizon...well, nothing that huge that force the judges to give us shitty cards.

Trout has the ability to make a fight boring, and Lara...well, it depends on which Lara shows up. If the Lara that carefully seeks and destroys actually shows up, then we'll see something good. If the "content to play it safe" Lara shows up, then we'll have a snoozer.

There's a silver lining here though...both of them are southpaws, so the fight should flow, rather have those weird standstills and tangle fests that conventional and southpaw fighters engage in, when one or the other doesn't know how to effectively get inside.

I agree,

The fighters on the Showtime card aren't really "keep asses in the seats" type of fighters where the judges are going to be influenced to protect a guy too much. Paulie Malinaggi as pointed out is with Al Hayman. Judah has however been given so many second, third, and fourth chances. You have two fighters who have several losses on their records, but it's a "Brooklyn Special." so maybe Paulie and Zab will give a better fight than expected.

Some very good 50/50 tactical matches on the Showtime card. Hard to pick winners on some of these fights. Trout-Lara has been called "A boxing purist's dream" according to one writer, so we'll see what happens.

Jack

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Dec 5 2013, 02:23 AM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Riding with Shawn Porter. I think he beats Devon. Devon hasnt won a notable fight in a few years. Randall Bailey?? He should have gotten the L vs Kotelnik and Matthyse. i think Shawn Porter cashes him out here.

I think Zab Judah stops Paulie Malignaggi.

Lara gets a split decision against Trout.

Sakio Bika Beats Dirrell by SD.

On HBO

Rigo comfy D12 against Agbeko.

I dont know enough about Glenn Tapia or Willie Nelson to really comment on those fights.

Showtime KO 5 over HBO. Showtime's card is much better. Looking forward to December 14th too.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 5 2013, 02:30 AM
Post #17

Light Heavyweight

He beat Maidana. How is that not a notable win, I haven't seen anything from Porter to make me believe he was ready for this stage or that he could beat a fighter like Devon. Porter is a poor man's Shane Mosley, instead of fighting like the Mosley of old, he fights like the Mosley of now. If Devon loses to him then he should be on gatekeeper status

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Dec 5 2013, 03:36 AM
Post #18

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

The Showtime card is better on paper, but Boxing isn't always fought that way so we will see. The Zab-Paulie fight stands out to me the most, I'm looking forward to that one.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Dec 5 2013, 05:45 AM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 5 2013, 02:30 AM) *
He beat Maidana. How is that not a notable win, I haven't seen anything from Porter to make me believe he was ready for this stage or that he could beat a fighter like Devon. Porter is a poor man's Shane Mosley, instead of fighting like the Mosley of old, he fights like the Mosley of now. If Devon loses to him then he should be on gatekeeper status

I forgot about that win. Prepare for Devon to become a gatekeeper.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 5 2013, 09:21 AM
Post #20

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Dec 5 2013, 04:45 AM) *
I forgot about that win. Prepare for Devon to become a gatekeeper.

Haha it would surprise the hell outbid me if he lost but I wouldn't mind seeing him non gatekeeper status. I had high hopes for him when he first won the belt and he should be right up there with Tim Bradley but he's under achieved in his career

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 02:51 AM