Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 80% of Boxing media score for Brook over Porter
fightscoreollect...
post Aug 18 2014, 12:45 PM
Post #1

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,394

The high number surprised me although as the you will see on the article the ave score was close. I scored it 114-114.

The 117-111 score i feel is far too wide.

so how did you all score the fight?

here is the article with all the scores...... http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/nine-membe...nst-kell-brook/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 18 2014, 03:11 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

either way, its nice to see a guy be able to go into someone elses back yard and take that title in a close fight. While I wouldnt say it was accurate, it was definitely fair

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Aug 19 2014, 01:43 PM
Post #3

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I had it 7-5 for Brook. I coulda saw a draw. I had it even for most of the fight and I thought Brook narrowly stole the last round

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Aug 19 2014, 04:04 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

i thought brook did the better work, i had it 8-4. kells jab on him the fight, it was just perfect. sean's agression wasnt affective IMO so i didnt score it. His agression was costing him the fight, he kept walking right into jabs and then get tied up, rinse and repeat over and over. he couldnt have won no matter what he did because i think kell as focused and reacting very well to whatever sean did offensively.i think he frustrated sean and you could see it in porter's face the last half of the fight. i think kell has what it takes to fight at the elite level. i thought porter had more than one side to his game but i think hes just an agresssive puncher who cant really box. if he chose to box he could have outpointed kell with speed, but in the end i think kell was the smarter fighter and he saw everything coming and reacted accordingly.

maybe porter can box, but he let his instincts get the best of him, and thats where him and pacquiao are similar. he likes to try to fight, and he likes to fight on the inside, even hen its owrking against him, his instincts tell him to just push harder instead of to try something else. i thought he as trying to force a fight that wasnt there. he was trying to fight an inside fight and work the body and break brook down, but brooks jab and ability to tie up and avoid the head shots nullified seans gameplan. he shud have adjusted to that and boxed from the outside like his father asked of him, but i think he kept getting suckered into kells fight because kell kept calm and didnt let seans agreesive pressure affect him. anyway i thought brook controlled the fight in most aspects.

+Quote Post
BigHouseLou
post Aug 19 2014, 08:06 PM
Post #5

Amateur

Member No.: 14,211

i didnt keep score round by round on this one, but i know at the end of the fight i didnt think it was all that close. Porter did not execute, he put in some decent body work, but was getting hit with clean combos and stiff jabs all night.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Aug 20 2014, 06:52 AM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

I missed the fight and haven't seen either guy fight so I can't comment on this at all.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Aug 20 2014, 10:25 AM
Post #7

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Aug 19 2014, 05:04 PM) *
i thought brook did the better work, i had it 8-4. kells jab on him the fight, it was just perfect. sean's agression wasnt affective IMO so i didnt score it. His agression was costing him the fight, he kept walking right into jabs and then get tied up, rinse and repeat over and over. he couldnt have won no matter what he did because i think kell as focused and reacting very well to whatever sean did offensively.i think he frustrated sean and you could see it in porter's face the last half of the fight. i think kell has what it takes to fight at the elite level. i thought porter had more than one side to his game but i think hes just an agresssive puncher who cant really box. if he chose to box he could have outpointed kell with speed, but in the end i think kell was the smarter fighter and he saw everything coming and reacted accordingly.

maybe porter can box, but he let his instincts get the best of him, and thats where him and pacquiao are similar. he likes to try to fight, and he likes to fight on the inside, even hen its owrking against him, his instincts tell him to just push harder instead of to try something else. i thought he as trying to force a fight that wasnt there. he was trying to fight an inside fight and work the body and break brook down, but brooks jab and ability to tie up and avoid the head shots nullified seans gameplan. he shud have adjusted to that and boxed from the outside like his father asked of him, but i think he kept getting suckered into kells fight because kell kept calm and didnt let seans agreesive pressure affect him. anyway i thought brook controlled the fight in most aspects.

Spot on

The frustration was highly visible, he shouldn't have let it show... Porter even hit Brook with some nice shots but he didn't lose a step, as opposed to Porter getting wobbled here and there. Brook seemed like he had a good game plan and stuck with it, truly was focused.

It was a Competitive fight, as opposed to a close fight. The winner was obvious.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 11:04 PM