IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather, Ward, Alverez, Broner, Gamboa... What Gameplan Do U Think Works Best 2 Defeat These Undefeated Fighters?
checkleft
post Nov 19 2012, 02:45 AM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Genius @ Nov 19 2012, 01:21 AM) *
Matthysse ain't beating Broner lol ....

Sorry I'm not one of those guys that makes his mind up on boxing matches before they happen. In boxing anything can happen, anyone can lose to anyone on any given night and this is a sport where triangles theories are useless. A guy like mayorga can beat a guy like forrest who beat a guy like mosley for example.

I still give Lucas a good shot at beating broner at 140 if it ever happens. Trust me he won't fight like demarco
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 19 2012, 10:08 AM
Post #12

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

1. Ward- Attention to detail. A solid jab and the ability to create space + being disciplined with your defense and power punches. Don't leave your hands down and don't throw lazy or wide punches. You will pay. If you let him out think you and out work you early by smothering your punches, you may as well throw the towel.
2. Broner- Controlled Aggression and Head Movement. You'd better not come in like Demarco with that your trun, my turn bull shit. You fight Brandon Rios and those guys like that. You fight him or Floyd like that and you're going to miss your turn quite a few times. They're gonna get the big piece of chicken AND take your cornbread lol
3. Alvarez- Hit the Jackpot and go count your money! Alvarez gets hit...even against lesser opposition. Problem is, those guys stay in range to admire their work instead of landing combinations and then getting out of harm's way. Alvarez can take a punch and he licks his chops to be able to return fire.
4. Mayweather- Prayer and lots of it! Lol. It will be hard because he seems to notice his short comings and mistakes before everyone else can figure them out. I think he's closed the door on the "bang him against the ropes and go to the body" tactic. Hatton tried it. Ortiz tried it. Cotto tried it. Baldomir tried it. Gatti planned on trying it lol. I think you need a solid jab first on foremost. You need to get off early and often and get the hell outta dodge before the counter comes. Don't worry with landing the perfect shot. As Brother Naz said "It aint there!".

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 19 2012, 10:10 AM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 19 2012, 02:45 AM) *
Sorry I'm not one of those guys that makes his mind up on boxing matches before they happen. In boxing anything can happen, anyone can lose to anyone on any given night and this is a sport where triangles theories are useless. A guy like mayorga can beat a guy like forrest who beat a guy like mosley for example.

I still give Lucas a good shot at beating broner at 140 if it ever happens. Trust me he won't fight like demarco

Thank you! Some guys already have Broner cleaning out the 140 lb division, and moving up to WW and dethroning Floyd. All of this, based off of what? Demarco is his only notable win to date, and that saaaays?

+Quote Post
Genius
post Nov 19 2012, 04:15 PM
Post #14

Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,359

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 19 2012, 09:10 AM) *
Thank you! Some guys already have Broner cleaning out the 140 lb division, and moving up to WW and dethroning Floyd. All of this, based off of what? Demarco is his only notable win to date, and that saaaays?
I don't know bout cleaning out the 140 pound division lol but Lucas and Danny Garcia would lose. I'd bet the bank...if both guys had some kind of head movement then it could be interesting. I usually don't get hyped over any figher but Broner has the talent.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 19 2012, 05:25 PM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Genius @ Nov 19 2012, 04:15 PM) *
I don't know bout cleaning out the 140 pound division lol but Lucas and Danny Garcia would lose. I'd bet the bank...if both guys had some kind of head movement then it could be interesting. I usually don't get hyped over any figher but Broner has the talent.

Cool. I think Lucas's heavy hands would make Broner a bit more careful, but Danny on the other hand, is usually strong during exchanges. As far as mounting an offense, I just don't see Danny doing that against Broner, but Lucas would have an easier time doing that. Im not saying that Lucas wins, but it should be a harder test for Broner, rather than a Garcia fight.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 20 2012, 09:03 AM
Post #16

Junior Middleweight

How come Garcia isn't on here? I would LOVE to pick his skills apart lol

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Nov 20 2012, 01:10 PM
Post #17

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 20 2012, 10:03 AM) *
How come Garcia isn't on here? I would LOVE to pick his skills apart lol

Only figured 5 was nessasary out of alot of undefeated fighters. I have to say though, I thought of it as a toss up between putting either Broner or Garcia down on the post, until I thought about and figured Broner does seem to have the upper hand in the argument of who style of fighting is better.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 20 2012, 02:08 PM
Post #18

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Nov 20 2012, 01:10 PM) *
Only figured 5 was nessasary out of alot of undefeated fighters. I have to say though, I thought of it as a toss up between putting either Broner or Garcia down on the post, until I thought about and figured Broner does seem to have the upper hand in the argument of who style of fighting is better.

I was just messing around lol I really just wanted to take a light jab at Garcia. You know...he's not good at defending those lol

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 20 2012, 02:58 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 20 2012, 03:08 PM) *
I was just messing around lol I really just wanted to take a light jab at Garcia. You know...he's not good at defending those lol

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 20 2012, 03:37 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 19 2012, 05:25 PM) *
Cool. I think Lucas's heavy hands would make Broner a bit more careful, but Danny on the other hand, is usually strong during exchanges. As far as mounting an offense, I just don't see Danny doing that against Broner, but Lucas would have an easier time doing that. Im not saying that Lucas wins, but it should be a harder test for Broner, rather than a Garcia fight.

Definitely and the biggest difference between Garcia and matthysse to me is that I think Garcia will only look to go for the head and body. While on the other side Lucas as I've seen from his fights with Alexander, judah, corley, and ajose doesn't really care if your covering up he will punch whatever he can hit and he will eventually break the guard because of how hard he hits. I think he can put a castillo type effort against broner but I believe he has more power than castillo and excuse my language but this motherfucker (Lucas) looks like he likes to get punched! It's scary! I think I would favor broner but I think it would be an awesome close and grueling fight for him.

But with timing like Garcia's I could see him giving broner trouble.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 10:14 AM