IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is Larry Holmes a HOFer, We want the opinions of fellow fighters, managers, fans
BigG
post Sep 7 2008, 12:14 PM
Post #1

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

Larry Holmes
2x Heavyweight Champion
Record: 33-4-3 (16 KO's)
Noticable Fights: KO 2 Cyrus "Giant Man" Virus, WUD 12 "Marvelous" Marvin Shabazz, WUD 12 Dark Heaven, LUD 12 Cyrus "Touch Of Sleep" Virus, WUD 12 Riddick "Big Daddy" Bowe, WUD 12 Max Kellerman, WUD 12 James "The Reaper" Roper, TKO 10 Evander "The Real Deal" Holyfield (I), D12 Dipsy "Lipstick" Gawn (I), LMD 12 Dipsy "Lipstick" Gawn (II), LUD 12 Dipsy "Lipstick" Gawn (III), WUD 12 Lanky "Maxy" Gawn, KO 2 Michael Grant, WUD 12 Evander "The Real Deal" Holyfield (II), D 12 Maxy "Ice Cream" Gawn, LKO 11 Alexander Alexeev, KO 2 Kinto "The Genius" Mulberry, D 12 Sennen "Cuban Link" Pink (I), WUD 12 Sennen "Cuban" Link (II)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CyruS
post Sep 7 2008, 12:18 PM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,070

QUOTE(Touch oF SleeP - The Man)
Yo dawg, if it was up to me this man Larry Holmes would be in the hall of fame but he would be in the hall of fame for one thing, getting his ass kicked by me so I could become the heavyweight champion of the world! I got money!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Sep 7 2008, 12:58 PM
Post #3

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

Yes...he definitely belongs in The Hall of Fame....

but I have to say this....he has completely ducked the II version of Lanky Gawn...in fact, I'm gonna try to find the incident that shook Holmes to the core and made him be this way....

+Quote Post
BigJuicyHog
post Sep 7 2008, 02:02 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 109

The only concern for me is that he only won one title and never defended it. That said, I think he is probably HoF material based on his resume much the same way that I believe Carlos "El Indio" Quintana is.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Sep 8 2008, 12:51 PM
Post #5

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

As good as Larry Holmes is I'm afraid there is no way he is HOF material for me. Not yet anyway. If he beats Pink again this week he'll be closer but I feel he needs to do more to enter the prestigious HOF.

+Quote Post
Blayde
post Sep 10 2008, 12:17 AM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,655

I think he is although hes handpicked most of his opponents and his record isnt too impressive. Hes had his big moments and has always been a very popular fighter. Hes one of the maybe three guys you think of when you think about Heavyweight.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 08:48 PM