IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Guerrero and God's Plan, Who do u want to be humbled more, Floyd or Guerrero?
BrutUalBK
post Mar 28 2013, 03:51 PM
Post #31

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (sduck @ Mar 28 2013, 03:45 PM) *
Robert Guerrero is not mentally ready for this fight of this magnitude. He's been pursuing it, but it came sooner than he realized.

I agree!! I saw evidence that he wasn't mentally ready for Floyd during their face off, he was talking but wasn't really saying nothing. Mayweather owned Guerrero in their face off and that was supposed to be the time when the challenger makes his boldest stand<<<Robert failed miserably though.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 28 2013, 06:19 PM
Post #32

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 28 2013, 03:41 PM) *
This answer is easy for me. Beyond the fact that I'm a fan of Mayweather, Guerrero talked his way into this fight. He's already ducked multiple fighters. He looked like he was in terrible shape during that photo shoot. Here it is, the biggest fight of your career, that you probably don't deserve, and you're physique looks like Al Bundy post Polk High Football. Then you get a gun charge in a city with some of the strongest guns laws in the country. Jackass.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) u know he once scored 3 touchdowns in a single game?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 28 2013, 06:20 PM
Post #33

Cruiserweight

the lord and savior jeebus told the profit robert to take that gun on the plane to make a statement about the right to bear arms.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 28 2013, 07:42 PM
Post #34

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (sduck @ Mar 28 2013, 04:45 PM) *
Robert Guerrero is not mentally ready for this fight of this magnitude. He's been pursuing it, but it came sooner than he realized.

Looking back on things, I think he thought calling out Floyd would get him the consolation prize...Adrien Broner.

+Quote Post
dre98
post Mar 28 2013, 08:36 PM
Post #35

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,589

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 27 2013, 08:21 PM) *
getting your ass beat can be a very humbling experience....so i've been told. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

In that case you might be right...but I think that Gun Charge my do him in. I think it will be too much pressure now. NY is tough on them Gun laws if he has no priors he might be ok if he has a good attorney. I'm sure Golden Boy will look out for him.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 29 2013, 09:06 AM
Post #36

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

David and Goliath! Fucking really? Goliath was attacking the Jews and basically killing everything in his sight! God hand picked David to beat Goliath, hand picked! And let's not forget that David according to Theologians was no more than 5'4 and Goliath was at least 6'2 which is pretty big to a 5'4 dude! And does GUNerro know that he is actually taller than Mayweather? This fucking guy is pissing me off by the minute!

http://www.boxingscene.com/guerrero-maywea...-goliath--63856

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 29 2013, 09:30 AM
Post #37

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 29 2013, 10:06 AM) *
David and Goliath! Fucking really? Goliath was attacking the Jews and basically killing everything in his sight! God hand picked David to beat Goliath, hand picked! And let's not forget that David according to Theologians was no more than 5'4 and Goliath was at least 6'2 which is pretty big to a 5'4 dude! And does GUNerro know that he is actually taller than Mayweather? This fucking guy is pissing me off by the minute!

Other than the biblical references and the stupid "I don't get involved in crazyness... I'm a family man" statement (bro you just got arrested on gun charges) I thought he gave a good interview.

The talk of him knowing that roughing up mayweather and fighting on the inside isn't easy and recognizing he will have to do something else to win some rounds is very intelligent of him. I honestly think a good jab to disrupt mayweathers timing is the key along with some pressure and activity in spurts. Let's face it since the castillo fight the only two people to make it sort of a fight with mayweather were cotto and odl and they did it with nice jabs. Either that or you have to be a physical freak like Judah for more than four rounds

This post has been edited by checkleft: Mar 29 2013, 09:33 AM

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 29 2013, 11:16 AM
Post #38

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 29 2013, 09:06 AM) *

LOL, aside from the profanity (no judgment against you) I can agree with this. LOL, RG may have it backwards because he wasn't chosen by God, Floyd chose him as the opponent and like you said "Floyd is smaller". So just maybe Floyd could end up being David and RG is Goliath.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 29 2013, 01:31 PM
Post #39

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 29 2013, 09:06 AM) *

i said that before!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i knew he had david in mind when he was talking all this religious stuff. floyd is the goliath financially and skill wise. guerrero is being genuine with all of this. this is not an act...it's not mind games. he truly believes this. never underestimate the power of faith.

a lot of what robert was saying is on point. but what stuck out most to me in that article is paulie malignaggi's take on this fight. guerrero is going to make this floyds hardest victory to date....if floyd gets the victory.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 29 2013, 01:50 PM
Post #40

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 29 2013, 09:30 AM) *
Other than the biblical references and the stupid "I don't get involved in crazyness... I'm a family man" statement (bro you just got arrested on gun charges) I thought he gave a good interview.

The talk of him knowing that roughing up mayweather and fighting on the inside isn't easy and recognizing he will have to do something else to win some rounds is very intelligent of him. I honestly think a good jab to disrupt mayweathers timing is the key along with some pressure and activity in spurts. Let's face it since the castillo fight the only two people to make it sort of a fight with mayweather were cotto and odl and they did it with nice jabs. Either that or you have to be a physical freak like Judah for more than four rounds

i thought the biblical references were on point. let's not act like he walked into a strip club with the strap in his waist. he walked into an airport....with it in a lock box in his luggage and informed them, before they found it, that he had it.

this has all been blown out of proportion in my opinion...and it's only added to the publicity of the fight. i'm starting to get the feeling that this fight may do some amazing numbers, especially with guerrero's christian appeal. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i believe he's being genuine and honest...and there will be plenty of zealots who will tune in to see this. never underestimate the power of people with faith (misdirected or not) in large numbers. i'm looking forward to this fight more than ever now.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 05:14 AM