IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tim Bradley's Status?, Fighting style, opponents, etc. Have at it...
Cshel86
post Sep 22 2011, 11:24 AM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (wolterb @ Sep 22 2011, 12:11 PM) *
hell yea man.
i think he stomps on morales for sure though..morales is one o my faves but based on both maidana and the cano fights...i dont think he could get a W. i dont think bradley would get a k.o. but he def gets the decision and i bet he dominates for the last half of the fight.
matthysse would be a tough fight i think for bradley! like you said though, seems like lucas is super patient and tries to figure out his opponents. only problem is by the time he does figure em' out hes given away too many rds to turn the table.
that khan fight would be a good one i think. idk who'd come outta that but i think (as much as i hate to say it) i'd hafta lean towards amir gettin a decision

Yeah Morales made me back-pedal a bit after the Cano fight. Cano wasn't a punk by any measure, but Morales was taking a some hits that he shouldn't have taken...especially if he's talking about fighter top notch fighters next year (Maidana again, Khan, Guerrero). I would've given Morales all the chances in the world to beat Bradley, especially after the Maidana fight where fought with determination and weathered the storm on several occasions. At this point, Bradley beats him.

Classic Matthysse: Gives away the first few rounds, delivers "self-questioning agony" to his opponents, then leaves the last couple of rounds in the air...knowing that they will go the more popular fighter. He is most likely to get his paper stapled by Bradley, because he will look to get him outta there early. I forgot about a possible Bradley/Guerrero bout, which is likely because Guerrero's shoulder should be okay and Bradley should be back before the end of the year.

Anybody see a Bradley/Guerrero bout happening?

This post has been edited by cshel86: Sep 22 2011, 11:24 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Sep 22 2011, 11:46 AM
Post #12

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,451

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 21 2011, 11:21 PM) *
I am a huge fan of Bradley. I like his skills, pressure, desire, work ethic, and mostly his toughness. I am not here to convince anyone to agree with me, cause we all see things differently, but Bradley beats anyone at 140 IMO. I think he is the complete package, though he could use a bit more pop on his punches.

Now I am not following all this BS right now with what's going on with him and why he is inactive. It sucks but let's hope he knows what he is doing and he gets things worked out and get's busy real soon. That said here are a few match-ups with him and how I think they would play out.

Morales- Tim would easily beat Erik every second and get a easy decision or TKO victory. Bradley is too slick, fast, and young.

Maidana- More easy work for Bradley. Easily outbox the raw Maidana in a wide decision win.

Matthysse- A little tougher fight, but Tim would be a step ahead of him most of the time. 118-110 win.

Khan- Khan would jump out to an early lead, but once Bradley gets his timing down he can counter punch him more often as Khan tires a bit. And Bradley can then close the gap some more and force more of a sloppy inside fight mid rounds, which would favor Tim big time. As we get into the championship rounds Tim can go in for the kill and get the stoppage.

Now for a few fights at welterweight.

Ortiz- Bradley would weather some rocky early onslaughts by Victor. Mid to late rounds Tim will be warming up as he finds a very hittable Ortiz and gets a late stoppage by Ortiz quitting on his stool (I figured he already lost by cheap shot and got DQ'd, quit in middle of fight for being a bitch, and head butted-kissed-touched gloves-hugged-then hook-right KO'd).

Pac- I give this one to Pac in an exciting scrap that probably goes the distance. Pac has been at this level for a long time now. I would say Pac would build an early lead and Tim would come on late after Pac slows down a bit and gives Bradley more opportunities. But it would be too little too late, though Bradley would be competitive throughout. Or there is the possibility of an early stoppage with Pac's speed and power, but I would not count on that scenario.

Berto- I say with Berto's speed, size and power, he take's the early rounds for sure. BUT mid point as Berto starts gassing, Bradley would maul him and get a late stoppage for sure with Andre's poor defense.

Mayweather- Easy unanimous decision win for PBF. I love Tim, but horrible style match-up for him. Floyd would pick him apart from the outside and on the inside I just do not think he could be real effective with PBF's slick defense.

Anyway these are just some of my takes. I am sure some would not agree, but since I know more than all you bitches, just shut up, read, respect, and learn. Your welcome. Haha.

Lights I normally agree with you but today is not the day haha. Bradley beat up on an aging class that wasn't all that deep at the time. Witter was a legit guy but was a B fighter in his best days(It was a very close fight too, basically won on the KD). Edner Cherry is an ESPN-levelŠ fighter at best. Holt has Power and was able to get to Bradley, I've never been big on the guy(his fights with Torres were good tho) but he's a B- fighter in my book. The Nate Campbell fight I gave him credit for but Nate looked so bad after that(went 0-3) leads me to believe he was shot. Lamont Peterson he deserves credit for and I can't knock him for that fight. He didn't impress me with the Abregu fight, couldn't finish a guy who was walking in with no defense, and all of his punches were way too wide. The Alexander fight is nothing to brag about, both guys looked like shit. Alexander did not look comfortable or ready for this fight, he was/maybe still isn't managed the right way(he still needs growth fights, he's only 24). Bradley did win but didn't prove to me with this sloppy-ass fight that he's elite.

Morales- Timmy has way too much at this point, Bradley UD

Maidana- I think he gives Timmy all he can handle, he's much better version than Abregu who Bradley couldn't get rid of. This is a rough and tough fight that I can't really pick a winner in. I can see it both ways and this fight should happen.

Matthysse- Another tough fight but Bradley has enough to beat him

Khan- I think Bradley knew going into the fight he'd lose and because of that decided to hedge his bet and pass over a good payday(way more than he's worth imo for the stinkers he's laid) for the possibility to cash in on a fight that he could retire off of and maybe gain him some exposure. I can't say what he did was wrong because it would seem to make $en$e. he's wasting his prime on the shelf tho. I think Khan's height and length is too much for Bradley who isn't fast enough or powerful enough to warrant Khans respect. Khan throws fast combos with a measured jab and unless you can eat on the way in and deliver when you get there(Maidana), it's going to be hard to beat him.

Ortiz- I think Ortiz has underrated boxing ability and is a big dude(164 fight night) with some power and a lil speed. I don't think Timmy threatens him in any way besides using his head which could cause Ortiz to have a mental lapse and do something dumb or quit. I see Ortiz being able to Handle what Timmy dishes out, Ortiz by stoppage against the ropes.

Berto- This is a very good fight, they both can offset the others game. Berto wants to rest, Bradley has a great motor. I think the speed of Berto coupled with the power and wide shots of Bradley could spell TROUBLE. I think Timmy is a little too small for Berto and we see a Berto win but Bradley out-motoring Berto is not out of the question. Berto KO or Bradley UD

Floyd- Not worth my time haha

Pac- Walks thru him in a Hatton like KO, Bradley's punches are so wide

This post has been edited by EAlbian: Sep 22 2011, 11:52 AM

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Sep 22 2011, 12:00 PM
Post #13

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

The longer Bradley sits on his arse, the more Khan takes his title as "the man" at 140 by default, and Bradley, while he may think hes waiting to land the big fish at 147, is slipping into obscurity and once again, Khan, who is already a much bigger name becomes the more viable opponent for the May's, Pac's, Bertos and Ortiz's of this world.

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Sep 22 2011, 12:23 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 22 2011, 12:00 PM) *
The longer Bradley sits on his arse, the more Khan takes his title as "the man" at 140 by default, and Bradley, while he may think hes waiting to land the big fish at 147, is slipping into obscurity and once again, Khan, who is already a much bigger name becomes the more viable opponent for the May's, Pac's, Bertos and Ortiz's of this world.

I have to agree with this, however he did just sign with Top Rank and their stable is looking kinda weak around 140-147. If Pac vs May doesn't happen Timmy seems like the likely opponent, especially if they put him on the undercard of Pac vs Marquez.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 22 2011, 12:31 PM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 22 2011, 12:46 PM) *
Lights I normally agree with you but today is not the day haha. Bradley beat up on an aging class that wasn't all that deep at the time. Witter was a legit guy but was a B fighter in his best days(It was a very close fight too, basically won on the KD). Edner Cherry is an ESPN-levelŠ fighter at best. Holt has Power and was able to get to Bradley, I've never been big on the guy(his fights with Torres were good tho) but he's a B- fighter in my book. The Nate Campbell fight I gave him credit for but Nate looked so bad after that(went 0-3) leads me to believe he was shot. Lamont Peterson he deserves credit for and I can't knock him for that fight. He didn't impress me with the Abregu fight, couldn't finish a guy who was walking in with no defense, and all of his punches were way too wide. The Alexander fight is nothing to brag about, both guys looked like shit. Alexander did not look comfortable or ready for this fight, he was/maybe still isn't managed the right way(he still needs growth fights, he's only 24). Bradley did win but didn't prove to me with this sloppy-ass fight that he's elite.

Morales- Timmy has way too much at this point, Bradley UD

Maidana- I think he gives Timmy all he can handle, he's much better version than Abregu who Bradley couldn't get rid of. This is a rough and tough fight that I can't really pick a winner in. I can see it both ways and this fight should happen.

Matthysse- Another tough fight but Bradley has enough to beat him

Khan- I think Bradley knew going into the fight he'd lose and because of that decided to hedge his bet and pass over a good payday(way more than he's worth imo for the stinkers he's laid) for the possibility to cash in on a fight that he could retire off of and maybe gain him some exposure. I can't say what he did was wrong because it would seem to make $en$e. he's wasting his prime on the shelf tho. I think Khan's height and length is too much for Bradley who isn't fast enough or powerful enough to warrant Khans respect. Khan throws fast combos with a measured jab and unless you can eat on the way in and deliver when you get there(Maidana), it's going to be hard to beat him.

Ortiz- I think Ortiz has underrated boxing ability and is a big dude(164 fight night) with some power and a lil speed. I don't think Timmy threatens him in any way besides using his head which could cause Ortiz to have a mental lapse and do something dumb or quit. I see Ortiz being able to Handle what Timmy dishes out, Ortiz by stoppage against the ropes.

Berto- This is a very good fight, they both can offset the others game. Berto wants to rest, Bradley has a great motor. I think the speed of Berto coupled with the power and wide shots of Bradley could spell TROUBLE. I think Timmy is a little too small for Berto and we see a Berto win but Bradley out-motoring Berto is not out of the question. Berto KO or Bradley UD

Floyd- Not worth my time haha

Pac- Walks thru him in a Hatton like KO, Bradley's punches are so wide

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/PWillytalkupdated.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 22 2011, 12:31 PM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

I just dont see Bradley making this crazy payday off of a Floyd or Manny fight, I just dont. Thats where he lost me, when he talked about his contract issues. Ortiz (who is known in the boxing world and by casual fans at this point) only made $2.5M in his fight with Floyd, and Marquez (who is known, with a big fan base) is only going to make $5M against Pacquiao in a rubber match, after two hellacious fights years ago. Im wondering if Bradley is doing the math and realizing that he isn't gonna make anything against these guys...especially with no fan base and being under contract.

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Sep 22 2011, 12:45 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 22 2011, 12:31 PM) *
I just dont see Bradley making this crazy payday off of a Floyd or Manny fight, I just dont. Thats where he lost me, when he talked about his contract issues. Ortiz (who is known in the boxing world and by casual fans at this point) only made $2.5M in his fight with Floyd, and Marquez (who is known, with a big fan base) is only going to make $5M against Pacquiao in a rubber match, after two hellacious fights years ago. Im wondering if Bradley is doing the math and realizing that he isn't gonna make anything against these guys...especially with no fan base and being under contract.

Mayweather got Ortiz for very cheap but his guarantee was 2.5mill im sure he see's some live gate revenue and PPV money as well. He may make like 4-5mill but I could be wrong. I think Bradley knew that if he fights Pac he's gonna get more than he woulda for Khan and the loss wouldn't be as detrimental to his career, it might actually boost it from exposure. He could in theory make 2-4mill fighting Pac and a couple 1mill paydays down the road from the exposure. He may never get the opportunity tho. It's a crap shoot tho and it looks like he was trying to mitigate his losses

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 22 2011, 02:00 PM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 22 2011, 01:45 PM) *
Mayweather got Ortiz for very cheap but his guarantee was 2.5mill im sure he see's some live gate revenue and PPV money as well. He may make like 4-5mill but I could be wrong. I think Bradley knew that if he fights Pac he's gonna get more than he woulda for Khan and the loss wouldn't be as detrimental to his career, it might actually boost it from exposure. He could in theory make 2-4mill fighting Pac and a couple 1mill paydays down the road from the exposure. He may never get the opportunity tho. It's a crap shoot tho and it looks like he was trying to mitigate his losses

Yeah I dont really see him getting that chance either. It sucks, but thats how the business works...everybody's not meant for the big stage. I say he beats the hell outta some of these guys, and make a bigger name for himself. That Khan fight would've got him over the hump, but that contract issue was in the way.

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Sep 22 2011, 06:31 PM
Post #19

Guests

I don't like Tim Bradley, though I respect him as a fighter and looks like he has a strong work ethic in the ring, decent fighter. His problem is that he has over valued himself, he thinks he is worth more than he is, and that's wrong considering that he is as interesting as cardboard. He has no appeal, no charisma, doesn't really have an interesting personality and least of all, he isn't a very exciting fighter. He just seems bland.

I also still maintain that if roles were reversed and it was Khan that turned down Bradley to sit on the sidelines and wait for a mega pay day, he would be crucified twice as hard as Bradley. Bradley doesn't do much for me, and to be honest, he seems like a bit of a whiny bitch.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 22 2011, 07:41 PM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 22 2011, 07:31 PM) *
I don't like Tim Bradley, though I respect him as a fighter and looks like he has a strong work ethic in the ring, decent fighter. His problem is that he has over valued himself, he thinks he is worth more than he is, and that's wrong considering that he is as interesting as cardboard. He has no appeal, no charisma, doesn't really have an interesting personality and least of all, he isn't a very exciting fighter. He just seems bland.

I also still maintain that if roles were reversed and it was Khan that turned down Bradley to sit on the sidelines and wait for a mega pay day, he would be crucified twice as hard as Bradley. Bradley doesn't do much for me, and to be honest, he seems like a bit of a whiny bitch.

Guess we can blame that one on Floyd, lol. He was undefeated and marketed himself as such and demanded more money...nothing wrong with that, but when you cant sell a seat to save your life (i.e. Bradley)...then you have it all wrong.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 03:18 AM