Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Canelo Alvarez to fight Alfredo Angulo
klonopinz
post Jan 13 2014, 09:32 PM
Post #31

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,879

can we not turn this into a football thread. its making me sick. i got canelo winning this fight. ima watch it for free on internet stream. fuck ppv. i think handspeed will be key for canelo. and a good chin
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
beenKOed
post Jan 13 2014, 10:29 PM
Post #32

Amateur

Member No.: 14,104

QUOTE (KOpower @ Jan 11 2014, 10:59 AM) *
Should be an exciting fight, but certainly not worth the $50 they will charge for PPV. I see Canelo winning a fight that has some scary moments for Big Red.

I disagree, sir, I'd be watching whether it's PPV or not. Canelo is a big draw, very popular with the Mexican fans plus I like them both. This will be an enjoyable fight without a doubt.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 13 2014, 10:42 PM
Post #33

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jan 13 2014, 09:31 PM) *
im from philly. i cant even talk about football at this point. im just so ..... i dont even know anymore i swear to god

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Blame Riley Cooper bro!

I agree, let's not turn this into a football fan...but I'm sure those words come easy from a Philly fan at this point. Lol

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Jan 18 2014, 11:07 AM
Post #34

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

this undercard is STACKED and makes the PPV well worth it.

linares arakawa
r. alvarez figueroa
molina charlo
mijares santa cruz

can't ask for a more exciting line-up

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Jan 18 2014, 12:38 PM
Post #35

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

Ppv worthy to those in the know. Danger zone was ppv. Worthy also but got scrapped due to casual bitching.

But this card does scream action.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 7 2014, 07:48 PM
Post #36

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Canelo/Angulo
Molina/Charlo
Figueroa/Alvarez
*One more fight, can't remember who though*

Sounds like this card is shaping up. 5 fights, rather than 4, would be a nice gesture.

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Feb 7 2014, 07:53 PM
Post #37

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 7 2014, 07:48 PM) *
Canelo/Angulo
Molina/Charlo
Figueroa/Alvarez
*One more fight, can't remember who though*

Sounds like this card is shaping up. 5 fights, rather than 4, would be a nice gesture.

Wasn't arakawa (or whoever fought Figueroa last don't know how to spell his name) supposed to be on there? What happened to Santa Cruz? A great ppv card worth the money to me

This post has been edited by ryustuh: Feb 7 2014, 07:55 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 7 2014, 07:57 PM
Post #38

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 7 2014, 07:53 PM) *
Wasn't arakawa (or whoever fought Figueroa last don't know how to spell his name) supposed to be on there? What happened to Santa Cruz? A great ppv card worth the money to me

Yeah Arakawa is supposed to fight Jorge Linares...but it' gonna be on the ShoExtreme card...from my understanding. Santa Cruz may be on the card...totally forgot about him though.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Feb 7 2014, 09:34 PM
Post #39

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 11 2014, 10:41 PM) *
I see your point Jack, and I'll also add just why economic reasons AREN'T important, regardless of the whether or not it's $60-$70. Years ago, people were making a HUGE fuss about gas prices...roughly around '08 when the reason was no secret.

Around that time, especially in my area, people were fussing about it, BUT, Red Lobster's line was always wrapped around the building (not that I typically eat there, but I could see it from the hwy, lol), movie theaters were still packed, lines at nightclubs were still wrapped around the building, etc.

I remember those days...club entree fees were a standard of 15-20 dollars, beers were at least $5 a pop, cocktails were between 8-10 dollars, people would hit up IHOP or Waffle House afterwards...this was ALL in one night, which could easily reach the 80 to 100 dollar mark...but people were still complaining about how much gas cost. Lol

Not only that, but I remember going to Hooter's to see Jones/Hopkins II (don't judge me), but I think I remember that fight being about $55. I bought wings ($10), several beers (about $30 worth at the price of about $4 each because I was in there for hours), and I bought chips & dip ($4...because I was in there so long). Not only that, but I tipped about $15, (because my waitress was hot and she took care of me)...so that's about $60...same price as the actual PPV itself.

I said that to say, some of these same scums that get on the net and whine about how much a PPV costs, are the same ones who buy them. The whole, "this fight isn't worth $60" argument is translation for, "Man, why does this fight cost so much. I'm still gonna buy it, but damn, why are they charging so much?"

I said all that to say, people are never satisfied, period. When PPVs were $25, I remember hearing my dad tripping about the cost (back in the HW era of boxing), lol. Fact is, even if a decent card was $40 (SD) and $50 (HD), guys will still complain. Not only that, but guys are complaining about PPV costs, but these fighters are still cracking over 1M buys. Funny, right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I agree with you all though...not all pf these guys are PPV worthy, but we all must agree that they need to start somewhere. Oscar didn't always fight top comp on PPV (not that I can remember), but you where he ended up after a few of those "not-so-great" PPV opponents.

Showtime HAS spoiled us with these PPV-length cards, but again, I know it takes money to make money...so I'd rather see boxing cracking over 1M buys, JUST to throw it in the face of these MMA reverends who swear the sport is dead. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I love how you break it down to the last dollar (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Hard to stay home after that .....wings beer chips n dip and no clean up!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 9 2014, 05:48 PM
Post #40

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 7 2014, 09:34 PM) *
I love how you break it down to the last dollar (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Hard to stay home after that .....wings beer chips n dip and no clean up!

Gotta break it down to the last dollar...got to. Lol

I swear I get stupid with my money when I go out (drinking of course). I either graduate to "hog status" or I get tipsy/drunk and generous...lowering everybody else's tab and raising mine from buying others drinks. Lol

I like the "no clean up" part, that's usually the kicker for me, but I just bite the bullet on it. I usually end up paying more than 60-70 on PPVS because I buy food and drinks, but the fact that I can record and keep the fights, is enough for me.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 06:45 PM