IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> stop with the talk of nonito donaire being P4P, until he proves he's the best in his division
daprofessor
post Oct 16 2012, 12:42 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Jovi @ Oct 15 2012, 11:56 PM) *
Thank you for posting this, i came on this site hoping someone actually had the same thoughts as me. I see great minds do think alike.

I hate it because i want to like nonito because he definitely does have skill, but i hate when i dont see him against anyone that even had a chance of winning. I know he wants to get his paper and his name up, but dammmm, i think it sounded pretty bitch about talking about rigondeaux after his fight with nishioka. I feel the problem is he must be trying to give the ILLUSION he's a top p4p without having any proof. I mean i know he knocked Montiel with that killer hook but all he seems to be concerned with now is tryna be sensational. And he should know that, i feel like hes tryna force it, trying too hard. He'll get checked against someone who can counter him with good defense and offense.

Its corny because he talks about how it wont sell but it would probably be his best fight and would end up being an instant classic. Fight of the year. but i see Rigo taking it, if nonito knew he could beat him he woulda been fought him and and took that easy W just like his last couple of fights. Nonito already gets hit too much, I cant see him lasting against Rigondeaux.

the board is definitely high quality and i really appreciate the boxing minds here. thanks!

his skill is undeniable...his resume is still being written. he has all the opposition in front of him to achieve greatness. i didn't like what he said after the fight....i think a tournament is in order.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 16 2012, 12:53 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 16 2012, 07:12 AM) *
The problem with the boxing world, is that they are too quick to crown fighters or fights. As soon as they see a good fight, they come out of nowhere with the whole, "Oh damn man, uh uh, that was the Fight of the Year"...and the fuckin' fight may have taken place 2-3 months into the new year. Lol

I see it waaay too often on social networks, and I just want to tell them, "Relax man, I know that was probably the first fight that you've ever watched, but chill out". Then they start flying off the handle and throwing names in the hat for the person to fight...KNOWING (or in their case, not knowing) that boxing just doesn't serve up the best fights to fans.

Then they start crying about MMA being better than boxing, and boxing is dying, and so forth. The funny thing is, you ask them to name some fighters, and they can hardly name any. Im just ready for this stupid megafight to either happen, or for somebody to step forward and say that it aint happenin'. Bob did it once, shouldn't be a problem for him to do it again.

In the background of this megafight nonsense, we get shit like Donaire being at the Top of people's P4P list. Now he just wants to skip around divisions, TRY to look invincible against no-hopers, and weasel his way into a megafight...hasn't happened yet. Dude cant even stay in a division more than 9 months nowadays. Lol

i would say hbo is partly to blame for trying to manufacture champions and big fights. honestly, if and when pac/may happens...i think a shit load of ppl are going to be highly disappointed...much the same way they were when may/dlh happened. that fight was over sold...and as a result...they got big numbers....but they also got plenty of fair weather fans who swore off boxing and called that fight shit. anyone who knew boxing knew that would be a chess match/glorified sparring session. neither guy would take the chances to score a ko...therefore...there would be no ko. the best fights in boxing tend to be the least publicized. who knew castillo/corrales would be a great fight besides the die hards? how much did they promote rios/alvarez? the fights we know are going to be good rarely get any press. it's up to us, the die hards/purists, to spread the word and educate the fans. i don't even entertain the 'boxing is dying/mma is taking over' bullshit. mma has piggie backed on boxing long enough. i don't watch that sport...i have zero interest in it.

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Oct 16 2012, 01:39 PM
Post #13

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

SMH at this post, some of you are the same people who said Nishioka would be Donaire's stiffest test because of his decent power, killer speed, intelligence, and pacing. Donaire smashes the fool and makes him hesitant to exchange since the 1st bell and you guys denounce him. Donaire has p4p skill and I believe he will be a p4p force. Nishioka is no pushover and he knew Donaire could put his lights at anytime and he was right to play it safe. That cuban fighter you guys keep naming will get smoked all the same and you guys will all say he still isn't p4p worthy. The hate!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
flazi
post Oct 16 2012, 02:08 PM
Post #14

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

if you think donaire wil smoke rigondueax, you are dead wrong. its a 50/50 fight. the cuban is in a whole different league as any of donaire opposition so far and he would have smoked them all the same way if not more impressively. i like both fighters, donaire skill is awesome, he is the total package but so is the cuban.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 16 2012, 02:12 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 16 2012, 02:39 PM) *
SMH at this post, some of you are the same people who said Nishioka would be Donaire's stiffest test because of his decent power, killer speed, intelligence, and pacing. Donaire smashes the fool and makes him hesitant to exchange since the 1st bell and you guys denounce him. Donaire has p4p skill and I believe he will be a p4p force. Nishioka is no pushover and he knew Donaire could put his lights at anytime and he was right to play it safe. That cuban fighter you guys keep naming will get smoked all the same and you guys will all say he still isn't p4p worthy. The hate!!!!!!!!!

i think u need to re-read this thread. no one is questioning his skill. we all pretty much agree he has amazing skill. my question to u...how was nishioka crowned the best in the division? surely it wasn't because of his win over an old shop worn rafael marquez. jhonny gonzalez is decent opposition...but hardly the kind of guy that makes u the best in the division. help me understand. clearly...skillwise...rigondeaux is very high. i would argue higher than nishioka. obviously...aside from his strap and two gold medals...he doesn't have the resume to make him the best either. mares and moreno have both signed to fight it out to see who's best. i think both are highly skilled and regarded and a win for either is a bigger accomplishment than anything both donaire and rigondeaux have done at 122. like my post that started this thread said...i don't expect him to fight all of them...but it would be nice to see him prove he's the best. agbeko deserves to be in the conversation as well.

no hate here my friend. try again.

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Oct 16 2012, 02:34 PM
Post #16

Super Featherweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 16 2012, 03:12 PM) *
i think u need to re-read this thread. no one is questioning his skill. we all pretty much agree he has amazing skill. my question to u...how was nishioka crowned the best in the division? surely it wasn't because of his win over an old shop worn rafael marquez. jhonny gonzalez is decent opposition...but hardly the kind of guy that makes u the best in the division. help me understand. clearly...skillwise...rigondeaux is very high. i would argue higher than nishioka. obviously...aside from his strap and two gold medals...he doesn't have the resume to make him the best either. mares and moreno have both signed to fight it out to see who's best. i think both are highly skilled and regarded and a win for either is a bigger accomplishment than anything both donaire and rigondeaux have done at 122. like my post that started this thread said...i don't expect him to fight all of them...but it would be nice to see him prove he's the best. agbeko deserves to be in the conversation as well.

no hate here my friend. try again.

I'll say it again but in terms you can understand my friend. Nishioka has done more than the Cuban Prune and has certainly earned it. Shop worn or not Marquez still has a pulse. Nishioka confused and baffled a war veteran and fighter who always brings hell to any fighter on the other side of the ring. Nishioka defeated a good fighter in Gonzalez and defeated a very underated, terrific fighter in Veeraphol Sahaprom. Skillwise? Donaire is more skilled because he's faced different types of styles and better opposition. The Cuban Prune hasn't faced a fighter that can allow me to say..oh he has skills and he can take on Donaire. Your giving The Cuban Prune more than he can chew. Amateur experience is different than pro, if you guys want Rigo to taste defeat early in his late career then fine. Donaire isn't the right tree to be barking up against, let The Cuban Prune face someone like Vazquez Jr. or the winner of Mares/Moreno before he can face the Filipino Flash.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 16 2012, 02:59 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

maybe if he beats mares, rigon, etc etc etc but now nah

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Oct 16 2012, 03:24 PM
Post #18

Super Featherweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 16 2012, 03:59 PM) *
maybe if he beats mares, rigon, etc etc etc but now nah

Wow...you guys sound like the Floyd Haters or the Martinez haters. The guys keeps beating quality opposition in front of him and then you call in the next guy to say he should beat before you say p4p. SMH. When he does beat Rigo you all will say he needs to fight Chris John or Caballero to be p4p. Boxing fans are so finicky maybe not as finicky as casual fans.

This post has been edited by BoxingEinstein: Oct 16 2012, 03:25 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 16 2012, 03:37 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 16 2012, 03:24 PM) *
Wow...you guys sound like the Floyd Haters or the Martinez haters. The guys keeps beating quality opposition in front of him and then you call in the next guy to say he should beat before you say p4p. SMH. When he does beat Rigo you all will say he needs to fight Chris John or Caballero to be p4p. Boxing fans are so finicky maybe not as finicky as casual fans.

I dont think this is "finicky"... If he wasn't in such loaded divisions I could see your case but he instead picks guys like nishioka an older fighter coming off a very long layoff. In my view mares should not be fighting for a shot at donaire he is just as proven if not more than donaire. He won the tournament and took a rematch with agbeko and beat him soundly and now he's fighting a very good prime fighter in moreno. Out of the two I would expect nonito to be taking fights like this but he doesn't even ask for them, he's on his manny pacquiao saying he will fight whoever his promoter picks. I just expected more from nonito, not from his performance because he always finds a way to win but because of his competition. Now I really doubt he will stay at 122, and he will probably be fed a dismantled juanma on the way up

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 16 2012, 03:40 PM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Donaire has yet to be tested himself, and he barely sells tickets...so why is he even flying off the handle about Rigondeaux proving himself and such?

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 08:02 PM