daprofessor
post May 21 2013, 12:14 PM
Post #41

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 21 2013, 01:09 AM) *
I can't look at it, I chalk it up to the drugs man lol

you know what he should've did is get Leon Isaac Kennedy aka "I'm taking SRL's image and making boxing movies" and made him fight Pryor. That's the least dude could do after profiting off of his close similarities to SRL lol

lmfao!!! i forgot all about dude!!! he bagged a bad one in jane kennedy though...i can't hate on him.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 22 2013, 01:08 AM
Post #42

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 21 2013, 12:14 PM) *
lmfao!!! i forgot all about dude!!! he bagged a bad one in jane kennedy though...i can't hate on him.

I had to take it back for a minute, body and soul is my shit. He got her because she thought she was getting Ray Leonard, he duped her lol

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post May 22 2013, 05:54 AM
Post #43

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 21 2013, 01:14 PM) *

Yep, Too Sweet...Speaking of Jane Kennedy, word was she was a Hollywood Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaak!!!! She even had O.J. on her roster, which says a lot, as it's pretty common knowledge, O.J. is allergic to anything w/ black blood lines. #TeamAnaphylaxisReactionToSistahs.

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post May 22 2013, 07:18 AM
Post #44

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

Better boxers than Sugar Ray Leonard had weaknesses.

Therefore, Sugar Ray Leonard, logically, also had weaknesses.

There has never been a boxer born who didn't have weaknesses.

Sugar Ray Leonard, spectacular as he was, is no different.

It's alright to espouse a fighter's greatness. Let's not get drowned in hyperbole though.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 22 2013, 01:49 PM
Post #45

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 22 2013, 02:08 AM) *
I had to take it back for a minute, body and soul is my shit. He got her because she thought she was getting Ray Leonard, he duped her lol

ali used to hit that.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 22 2013, 01:50 PM
Post #46

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 22 2013, 06:54 AM) *
Yep, Too Sweet...Speaking of Jane Kennedy, word was she was a Hollywood Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaak!!!! She even had O.J. on her roster, which says a lot, as it's pretty common knowledge, O.J. is allergic to anything w/ black blood lines. #TeamAnaphylaxisReactionToSistahs.

a lot of the bad chicks get passed around. it's been that way for quite some time and crosses color lines.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 22 2013, 11:09 PM
Post #47

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 22 2013, 01:49 PM) *
ali used to hit that.

He is the greatest lol

+Quote Post
anthonyaccurate
post May 22 2013, 11:40 PM
Post #48

Strawweight

Member No.: 2,772

I wonder what Ruben Guerrerro would say in a build up to a fight with Sugar Ray Leonard. Btw, Leonard was bitch ass in that video, not looking at Pryor, telling him "its my show" and then shushing him at the end. But wouldn't fight him, hmmmm....

And cocaine was his weakness, OP...

This post has been edited by anthonyaccurate: May 22 2013, 11:42 PM

+Quote Post
Genius
post May 23 2013, 01:05 AM
Post #49

Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,359

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 20 2013, 12:39 PM) *
watch legendary nights...or read 'hands of stone' and hear it from leonard, his brother and dundee yourself. they knew they couldn't beat duran straight up so they used a different tactic. duran's manager pretty much threw him under the bus in the rematch and helped leonard and dundee get what they wanted.

ask yourself this....why did leonard wait until '89 to have the rubber match?

And Howard Davis beat Pryor, all Pryor wanted was a pay day and was jealous of Leonard. He turned down 500 k and the fight didn't happen. Enough with the amateur stuff ppl...if Pryor was such a bad ass he would've moved up to 147 and challenged others. Duran was busy losing and was a part time fighter after "no mas". You never knew what Duran you would get....he had a handful of embarrassing losses. Men Leonard beat!

+Quote Post
duwdu
post May 23 2013, 07:33 AM
Post #50

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 11,536

QUOTE (Genius @ May 23 2013, 02:05 AM) *
And Howard Davis beat Pryor, all Pryor wanted was a pay day and was jealous of Leonard. He turned down 500 k and the fight didn't happen. Enough with the amateur stuff ppl...if Pryor was such a bad ass he would've moved up to 147 and challenged others. Duran was busy losing and was a part time fighter after "no mas". You never knew what Duran you would get....he had a handful of embarrassing losses. Men Leonard beat!

What has this line of sidestepping an argument got to do with your innuendo that SRL "had no weaknesses," much less help your argument?

It's okay to be an unrepentant fan of a fighter, but maintaining such hyperbole even in the face of this barrage of solid evidence to the contrary, is in bad taste, imo.
Instead of easing yourself out of the hole, you're just further pointing to the weaknesses of other good fighters, as if, somehow, such would make SRL seem invincible. In fact, it makes him look rather ordinary.

Do you still maintain your initial claim? Just let it go, man.

P34c3

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 02:42 AM