IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> If Floyd Isn't the BEST boxer right now, then who the Heck is?
kingknockout
post Sep 29 2009, 03:12 PM
Post #1

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,222

let me know? and PLEASE give valid reasoning
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Sep 29 2009, 03:40 PM
Post #2

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

Floyd could be. But honestly, lets please just wait and see him in there with a top welterweight first. I mean we have seen him slightly stunned before, who is to say he could take a good welterweights punch? We are yet to find out. Right now he has not fought the best there is and it sure seems he is not interested in doing so either. Uncles Roger and Jeff had absolutely weak ass chins, maybe Floyd does not have such a great beard on him? Maybe that is why he has steered clear of bigger punchers at welterweight. Yes, at the lower weights he fought anybody. If Floyd beats some top welterweights, easily he is the best. But no one should just automatically be proclaimed the best if you are not willing to fight the best in your own damn division. I mean what is so hard to understand about that? I mean these things should be PROVEN in the ring, not just giving to you by heresay.

As far as the best is right now...I would slightly favor Pac for his more recent impressive activity.But that could soon change.

Oh...I kind of reread your title thread. If you are just asking who is the best boxer right now, then I would say hands down Floyd. His overall boxing skills are amazing. Now as an overall package, I would say his weaknesses are...

1-Lack of real welterweight power.
2-Lack of killer instinct.
3-Lack quality welterweight opponents.
4-Inactivity.
5-Pot shots too much, he used to throw punches before in better combinations earlier in his career.

So IMO just cause you are the best boxer, does not guarantee you will always win. Forrest had tons of more natural and fundamental talent than Mayorga, but look what happened in there two fights. Paez against Grove. Sanders against Wlad. The list goes on and on and on. Thats why I prefer fights to be settled in the ring.

This post has been edited by Lil-lightsout: Sep 29 2009, 03:42 PM

+Quote Post
pacco_diablo
post Sep 29 2009, 05:39 PM
Post #3

Featherweight

Member No.: 2,107

It's got to be Pacquiao, IMO. Mainly because of the opposition that he has faced:

Hatton, De La Hoya, Marquez, Barerra, and Morales. All of which have been ranked highly p4p.

One could argue the same for Mayweather being that he has faced:

Hatton, De La Hoya, Marquez, Corrales, and Castillo.

The difference is that Pac has moved up to make many of these fights. He has also shown the desire to be "risky" and fight top rated fighters in higher divisions. Pac taking a fight against Cotto shows that he really has some balls. These are the type of fighters that I rank highly p4p.

It's got to be Pacquiao right now.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Sep 29 2009, 05:42 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

your right it's floyd.

+Quote Post
mrwigi
post Sep 29 2009, 05:48 PM
Post #5

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 7,421

A little chant i learned in decemeber 2007.

theres only 1 mayweather

+Quote Post
caneman
post Sep 29 2009, 06:07 PM
Post #6

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (mrwigi @ Sep 29 2009, 06:48 PM) *
A little chant i learned in decemeber 2007.

theres only 1 mayweather

Thank God

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Sep 29 2009, 06:11 PM
Post #7

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 29 2009, 07:07 PM) *
Thank God

Y'all don't know this...but remember the guy who was constantly beating the drum during Hatton fights?...the one yellin' the wonderland jingle with his mouth wide open missin' his molars....well....caneman beat his ass in the parking lot the night Mayweather check hooked Hatton into embarrassment...

+Quote Post
caneman
post Sep 29 2009, 06:18 PM
Post #8

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (The CEO @ Sep 29 2009, 07:11 PM) *
Y'all don't know this...but remember the guy who was constantly beating a drum during Hatton fights?...the one yellin' the wonderland jingle with his mouth wide open missin' his molars....well....caneman beat his ass in the parking lot the night Mayweather check hooked Hatton into embarrassment...

That was one good night! Hatton KTFO cold & that fucker was still beating that damn drum! It's was priceless for sure! I wonder how they ever let that guy in there with that drum...I would have stuck them up the guys ass if I was close to there! I would have got kicked outta that place that night!

+Quote Post
provo
post Sep 29 2009, 06:27 PM
Post #9

Super Bantamweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,309

Mayweather hands down is the best BOXER in the sport ! U said Boxer ! Best fighter is probably pac he's a exciteing fighter but the man has no Boxing skills! There is a difference. And there is no one in boxing that can outbox floyd. floyd is a boxer ,stick and move can use the jab effective throws the right like its suppose to be thrown and has the best defense ,hits without getting hit!

Caneman u whooped that guys ass LOL that's tight !

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Sep 29 2009, 06:40 PM
Post #10

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

Mayweather is the best boxer in the world but if he doesn't fight one of these welterweights or Pacquiao next then he will be deservingly BASHED!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 04:27 AM