IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> mayweather vs cotto 2, are the fans interested?
daprofessor
post May 7 2012, 08:45 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 7 2012, 09:42 PM) *
I agree.

Quick question, just in the event that this fight were to possibly be brought up again. Does anybody feel that Miguel will ask for too much money and ruin negotiations, simply because he felt that he won the first fight?

i think he'll do it for the same money. this fight was made so easily. how could he turn down another pay day like that? he's not going to get it anywhere else. he ain't stupid.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post May 7 2012, 08:46 PM
Post #12

Welterweight

Member No.: 195

I still think Floyd would deserve the lions share, he won the first fight. But that being said Cotto could demand a larger share of the pie because he did make Floyd did and fight harder than he usually has to, and that will increase revenue in a second fight

This post has been edited by Run and Gun Game Calls: May 7 2012, 08:47 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 7 2012, 08:53 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 7 2012, 09:45 PM) *
i think he'll do it for the same money. this fight was made so easily. how could he turn down another pay day like that? he's not going to get it anywhere else. he ain't stupid.

I would hope that he stood up and at least asked for another 2-3M. I mean damn, for a guy with the face disgust that he had, and not doing an interview, Im sure he felt in his mind that he was the winner. His post-fight behavior was out of character, which says a lot.

QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ May 7 2012, 09:46 PM) *
I still think Floyd would deserve the lions share, he won the first fight. But that being said Cotto could demand a larger share of the pie because he did make Floyd did and fight harder than he usually has to, and that will increase revenue in a second fight

Im sure Floyd believes that deserves the lion share as well. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) As you said, based on the first fight, Im sure Miguel would ask for more money. If the revenue of a rematch increases, then I cant see Cotto taking the same amount as the first fight, and Im sure Floyd is already accustomed to that whopping $32M.

I see a tug-of-war coming out of this, but seriously, Cotto wouldn't have much pull. If the revenue of the fight increased, then Im sure Floyd would be satisfied with anything over $32M.

+Quote Post
streetlion1
post May 7 2012, 08:57 PM
Post #14

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 6,534

Mayweather vs Cotto 2 in MSG! Scoring it round by round I had a draw Mayweather closed the show and won 10-11-12 but I thought Cotto pressing the fight and being very effective...even outboxing Mayweather in the middle of the ring at times and completely dominating and beating Mayweather up in the 8th round. I don't know what fight the judges saw or the commentating team. The same team gave an old DLH credit and thought that fight was close but didn't give Cotto an ounce of the credit he deserved. Cottos defense was better than usual and he didn't get caught with any big shots until the end of the fight. I think we see Mayweather fight either Alvarez or the winner of Berto-Ortiz....but I would much rather see Mayweather vs Cotto 2.

This post has been edited by streetlion1: May 7 2012, 08:58 PM

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post May 7 2012, 09:24 PM
Post #15

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (streetlion1 @ May 7 2012, 08:57 PM) *
Mayweather vs Cotto 2 in MSG! Scoring it round by round I had a draw Mayweather closed the show and won 10-11-12 but I thought Cotto pressing the fight and being very effective...even outboxing Mayweather in the middle of the ring at times and completely dominating and beating Mayweather up in the 8th round. I don't know what fight the judges saw or the commentating team. The same team gave an old DLH credit and thought that fight was close but didn't give Cotto an ounce of the credit he deserved. Cottos defense was better than usual and he didn't get caught with any big shots until the end of the fight. I think we see Mayweather fight either Alvarez or the winner of Berto-Ortiz....but I would much rather see Mayweather vs Cotto 2.

lol u know that ain't happening

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post May 7 2012, 09:27 PM
Post #16

Welterweight

Member No.: 195

QUOTE (streetlion1 @ May 7 2012, 11:57 PM) *

I didnt see the fight as a draw, I gave cotto three rounds with one round even. That being said a 118-110 score seems a bit bias and far out there to me. The one thing missing in scoreing today is I often see judges do not score body shots as often as the flashy head shots. I boxed years ago and I can tell you, I would much rather be smacked in the nose than smashed with a liver shot or have the crap beat out of my kidneys.

Cotto did beautiful body work on floyd, and if you notice floyd didnt slip punches as effectivly in the middle rounds.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 7 2012, 11:47 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Cotto thought he won??

The fight was great, cotto actually fought like a vintage cotto. I would definitely watch a rematch but I think Floyd knocks him out in it. There were two or three rounds where I felt he deliberately carried cotto when he could have gotten the kd or ko.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 8 2012, 12:30 AM
Post #18

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

I'd love to see Mayweather-Cotto 2. I see so many adjustments that each fighter could make to make the rematch even better then the first fight. I, however, still see Mayweather beating Cotto if a rematch was to somehow come about.

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post May 8 2012, 01:27 PM
Post #19

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 8 2012, 01:30 AM) *
I'd love to see Mayweather-Cotto 2. I see so many adjustments that each fighter could make to make the rematch even better then the first fight. I, however, still see Mayweather beating Cotto if a rematch was to somehow come about.

I wouldn't mind seeing another rematch but honestly not to take anything from Cotto cuz I like him. But Floyd got hit mostly on the ropes and Floyd was only in range to be hit because he wanted to be. A really good second fight is up to Floyd wanting to be in Cottos striking distance. I think he could have easily picked him apart all night if he wanted to move and box.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 8 2012, 02:07 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

MSG!!! that would be perfect for the rematch!!! u know they'll fill that place up and it's only fair. there's only one fight out there more marketable than cotto/mayweather 2 and again...i don't see that happening.

as for the assumption that mayweather would win again...or more easily...i think ppl are still selling cotto short much the same way they did heading into this bout. i agree with chitown...they both have plenty of room for adjustment. i just want to see it again!

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 11:14 AM