IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cotto beats Sergio?! Really?! Stop it..., Nothing wrong with saying "no" to drugs...
Cshel86
post Oct 24 2012, 09:25 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I've been hearing some real die-hard Cotto huggers saying that he beats Sergio. They go back to the 140 lb and early 147 lb Cotto body work, and they're hanging on to his activity in the Floyd fight. Cotto has decent body work, but nothing like the old stuff.

Let's be real, we've seen most fighters put their best foot forward against Floyd...you can't afford NOT to. I'm not even sure Cotto gets past Trout in December, so saying that he beats Sergio, is a stretch.

I've heard guys say that Cotto would "decision" Sergio, just to cut down on the backlash, but screw it...saying that he even wins that fight warrants a lashing. Leave the drugs alone folks, Cotto does NOT beat Sergio, and I'm not even a big Sergio fan. He loses at 154 and 160...way too much activity for him. It'll be like Margarito, with non-plaster assisted power, and busy footwork. Nightmare.

Am the only one who ISN'T hitting the bong with the added hash? Some of these folks out there, have me thinking that they lace their Mary Jane with Pine-Sol...then I start thinking of the heavyset lady in the commercial with the gap in her teeth...then I stop thinking about her. LOL

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 24 2012, 09:29 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Course Cotto beats Sergio, after he goes up to super middleweight and schools Ward before making the leap to heavyweight to dispose of the Klits...

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 24 2012, 09:49 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

I think cotto gives sergio trouble with his strong jab and good game plan from diaz before serg knocks him out cold or stops him around the 6-7th. I think people are forgetting sergio broke a hundred and eighty pounders face in multiple places with a fucked up hand. Btw he destroys Canelo as well so that talk has to stop to

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Oct 24 2012, 10:40 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 24 2012, 10:29 PM) *
Course Cotto beats Sergio, after he goes up to super middleweight and schools Ward before making the leap to heavyweight to dispose of the Klits...

Ha! Don't forget his debut at the 100M against Usain Bolt...

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Oct 24 2012, 10:41 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 24 2012, 10:49 PM) *
I think cotto gives sergio trouble with his strong jab and good game plan from diaz before serg knocks him out cold or stops him around the 6-7th. I think people are forgetting sergio broke a hundred and eighty pounders face in multiple places with a fucked up hand. Btw he destroys Canelo as well so that talk has to stop to

It would be an interesting fight, but I'd have to go with Maravilla.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Oct 24 2012, 10:46 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 24 2012, 10:25 PM) *
I've been hearing some real die-hard Cotto huggers saying that he beats Sergio. They go back to the 140 lb and early 147 lb Cotto body work, and they're hanging on to his activity in the Floyd fight. Cotto has decent body work, but nothing like the old stuff.

Let's be real, we've seen most fighters put their best foot forward against Floyd...you can't afford NOT to. I'm not even sure Cotto gets past Trout in December, so saying that he beats Sergio, is a stretch.

I've heard guys say that Cotto would "decision" Sergio, just to cut down on the backlash, but screw it...saying that he even wins that fight warrants a lashing. Leave the drugs alone folks, Cotto does NOT beat Sergio, and I'm not even a big Sergio fan. He loses at 154 and 160...way too much activity for him. It'll be like Margarito, with non-plaster assisted power, and busy footwork. Nightmare.

Am the only one who ISN'T hitting the bong with the added hash? Some of these folks out there, have me thinking that they lace their Mary Jane with Pine-Sol...then I start thinking of the heavyset lady in the commercial with the gap in her teeth...then I stop thinking about her. LOL

21st century tech. Vapor all the way (no pine sol of course).

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Oct 24 2012, 10:50 PM
Post #7

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Haha when i hear Cshel defending sergio i know someone F'd up.. but i would like to be in the cyphe of whoever is saying that nonsense. Cotto probably retires after martinez. I think cotto should avoid that fight.

Even if he were to try to pressure, it wouldnt work at all, i just dont see any advantages for him. He'd do better against canelo, but i'm not even sure he wins that fight.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Oct 24 2012, 11:45 PM
Post #8

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

I gotta see his work with a legit 154-160 pounder to make a case here. This fight with Trout should tell me all I need to know if Cotto should even consider making the move to 160, yet alone to consider if he's even a real threat at 154, cause honestly he hasent really fought a FRESH/LEGIT jr. Middleweight until Trout so it's gonna be interesting to see.

It's gonna be interesting to see if Martinez has the same movement as always too, post leg surgery. I wanna see if/how that will effect his movement in future fights given his age, but all in all, stylistically, a fight against Cotto favors Martinez with his movement, stamina and speed. Cotto would probably give Martinez fits (early) using that good jab of his to knock Martinez's vulnerable head back and teach him to maybe fight with his hands up sometimes. Both guys have credited footwork and power, but in the end, I see Cotto getting out worked and hammered late. I just don't think Cotto has the power to hang with Martinez IMO.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 25 2012, 08:13 AM
Post #9

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I think it would be a close fight. I'm just not sure Cotto can't take getting pummeled by a legit 160 lb guy for 12 rounds. Let's face it, Cotto is there to be hit.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Oct 25 2012, 09:47 AM
Post #10

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Ive never been that high on Serg. His best attribute is his movement and now hes got a bum wing. He doesnt have great defense. He doesnt throw many combos. He doesnt go to the body. He was average in a weaker 154lb division. The best thing he did was move up to 160. And if he ever did move back to 154 any top prospect would crush him.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 02:12 AM