IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather signs 6 fight deal w/showtime: Announces Guerrero as May 4th opponent, R.I.P. HBO
mgrover
post Mar 2 2013, 04:59 PM
Post #151

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Mar 1 2013, 12:02 PM) *
There is a reason why weight classes exist..... I've never been a fan of FMJ fighting at 154. If he were to go any higher I believe Sergio would give him major issues.

I think the bigger issue is that Martinez drops to 154lb and seriously damages his body Roy Jones Jr style.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 2 2013, 07:19 PM
Post #152

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 2 2013, 04:59 PM) *
I think the bigger issue is that Martinez drops to 154lb and seriously damages his body Roy Jones Jr style.

Very possible, hes really old.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 2 2013, 07:19 PM
Post #153

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 2 2013, 02:59 PM) *
When has Shane every been a technically sound boxer lol

Compared to Pac that night he was. Shane is more of a fighter agreed but he still has more technical boxing skill than Pac which was the point.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 2 2013, 11:11 PM
Post #154

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 1 2013, 05:44 PM) *
well fights like donaire/rigondeaux, canelo/trout and matthysse/peterson give me hope.

Like Jesse and his son is saying now "keep hope alive!"

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 5 2013, 07:57 PM
Post #155

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Did anyone see the promo where for Floyd and Guerrero are starring each other down? Guerrero looks a little chubby and Mayweather does look ripped, but I expect they will be in fighting shape two months from now. The stare down was a little weird, if you want to see the stare down here is the link. What do yawl think:
http://www.boxingscene.com/photo-mayweathe...ace-face--63025

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 6 2013, 02:54 AM
Post #156

Cruiserweight

Saw it yesterday, Ghost look like he been eating the best of the best lately

And on another note, Shels seems to have been right again....Canelo is now the headliner for the Sept 14th card for GB

http://www.boxingscene.com/canelos-first-p...z-angulo--63055

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 6 2013, 03:37 AM
Post #157

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 6 2013, 02:54 AM) *

And on another note, Shels seems to have been right again....Canelo is now the headliner for the Sept 14th card for GB

Yes. And now mares de Leon is on the mayweather card

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 6 2013, 02:25 PM
Post #158

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 6 2013, 02:37 AM) *
Yes. And now mares de Leon is on the mayweather card

I'm looking forward to that fight, I think it's going to be the best fight on the PPV

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 6 2013, 02:59 PM
Post #159

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 6 2013, 02:54 AM) *

Saw that shit from a mile away Chi. It took Floyd waaay too long to sign for the May 4th fight, for obvious reasons that we all know. Anytime it seems like Floyd is being rushed, things seem to fall through.

I just couldn't see him turning right back around and fighting in September. The dead giveaway was Canelo and his team asking Floyd to sign for a September fight, before the May fight even came. Of course this was going on, waaay before they actually had a hissy fit a couple of weeks ago.

Meanwhile, Cotto (who's still a name in the sport) was sitting on the sideline after losing to Trout. As I told you guys earlier, GBP seemed to give Miguel this "we still have your back" attitude, after the Trout loss. In their eyes, they saw more weaknesses exploited in the Trout fight, and let's be honest, if you ask a casual fan who Miguel recently lost to, they'll say "Mayweather", not even knowing that the Trout fight has happened. Let's keep in mind, the casual fans make up most of the PPV buys.

Now Canelo has a recently softened up Cotto to possibly face, who's still riding off of his impressive loss to Floyd (in the casual fans' mind), on a big Mexican holiday, and again...we'll have a PR vs Mexico rivalry. Gentlemen, it looks like we have decent first-time PPV headliner for Canelo. The safe pick here, is a possible Angulo showdown (since he's thinking twice about rematching Rosado), and we all know that Sergio fight aint happenin.

PS: Again, I find it funny how Sergio said that he wont fight Canelo at 154, but 160 rather. He said the SAME thing about Kirkland when that fight was being discussed. Oddly enough, Sergio was shaking the world up and shouting about coming down to 54 to fight Floyd. My question is, which one are you Sergio, are you a Jr. MW or a MW? The same question can be asked about Floyd, but Sergio's willing to do the same thing, move down for a payday, just as Floyd moves up for a big one.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 6 2013, 05:07 PM
Post #160

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 2 2013, 11:11 PM) *
Like Jesse and his son is saying now "keep hope alive!"

what's the deal with jesse jr? i've been hearing stuff on iheart radio when i listen to v103 and they clown him occasionally.

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 06:48 PM