IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tapped Jaws, Who has the weakest chin in Boxing?
BrutUalBK
post Apr 18 2013, 02:14 PM
Post #31

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 18 2013, 10:41 AM) *
Well in camp supposedly all chad was doing was complaining about weight and how he didn't have the energy to do anything and they confirmed he got knocked out hard with one shot by his sparring partner two or three weeks before the ward fight.

Was that reported or supposed KO to the jaw or to the body?? Pac got KO'd with a bodyshot and didn't get up.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 18 2013, 02:18 PM
Post #32

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Apr 18 2013, 02:14 PM) *
Was that reported or supposed KO to the jaw or to the body?? Pac got KO'd with a bodyshot and didn't get up.

Jaw. Edison Miranda did it

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 18 2013, 02:27 PM
Post #33

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Apr 18 2013, 08:21 AM) *
That's cool and we will! What other examples have you seen where a fighter is weakened due to this situation? Chad got done in by the amount of shots he took, not by one specific shot like Jones did and IMHO there is no comparison to be made here and that is a bad example you used.

Why does it have to be one shot? We've seen it with RJJ, we've seen Tarver go up in weight to be hollywood and though he didn't get KO'd, he wasn't the same after that. Chris Byrd is a perfect example of this

And I me or Professor was the one to put it out there that Edison Miranda dropped him with ONE shot in sparring. It may be a bad example to you but it fits to me

If you think that your body can just handle a drastic amount of weight loss/gain and you can take solid flush shots like that then your crazy. It does something to you, I've provided evidence that you refute but you aint provided me shit in response to refute. Name me a fighter who did this drastically and didn't get rocked?? Hell even Guerrero's 2 fights at welter he was buzzed a few times in each fight

I'm going to ask a pro fighter and just shut this debate down lol

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Apr 18 2013, 05:21 PM
Post #34

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 18 2013, 02:27 PM) *
Why does it have to be one shot? We've seen it with RJJ, we've seen Tarver go up in weight to be hollywood and though he didn't get KO'd, he wasn't the same after that. Chris Byrd is a perfect example of this

[b]Because you were referring to Jones in how he lost after getting blazed by Tarver, isn't that who we're talking about?
Again, I already disproved your Chris Byrd and Antonio Tarver theories earlier, neither was stopped by one punch like Roy was, there is no comparison to make here.[/b]

And I me or Professor was the one to put it out there that Edison Miranda dropped him with ONE shot in sparring. It may be a bad example to you but it fits to me

If you are putting it that way then you are saying that in essence that EM wouldn't have had the power to drop him at 175, I do not subscribe to that theory, sorry but I was able to drop dudes who weighed 200 when I was only 158 so losing weight doesn't mean much in this context.

If you think that your body can just handle a drastic amount of weight loss/gain and you can take solid flush shots like that then your crazy. It does something to you, I've provided evidence that you refute but you aint provided me shit in response to refute. Name me a fighter who did this drastically and didn't get rocked?? Hell even Guerrero's 2 fights at welter he was buzzed a few times in each fight.

Again, we were discussing what this supposedly did to Roy Jones because that's who everyone was using as the example, bringing in all these other subjects about long matches and whatnot has nothing to do with the one shot theory when you are using Roy as the prototype.

I'm going to ask a pro fighter and just shut this debate down lol

I welcome you to do so, I'd love for someone to be able to scientifically prove this though but I just can't see the logic in the one punch that crowned Roy in comparison to what happened to Dawson over the length of that fight and calling it the same. Any fighter at 175 that took that shot that Tarver nailed Roy with would've went to sleep regardless of whether or not they lost weight or not.

My answers are in bold!!

+Quote Post
flazi
post Apr 18 2013, 06:32 PM
Post #35

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

when you drop a lot of weight remember you are dropping water also, water that resides in the brain and cns. it recuperates a lot slower than muscle water so i think that is what causes the weakness of the chin per se. not so much the chin but the brain when it becomes rattled, the loss of water will make you weaker.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 18 2013, 06:43 PM
Post #36

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Apr 18 2013, 05:21 PM) *
I welcome you to do so, I'd love for someone to be able to scientifically prove this though but I just can't see the logic in the one punch that crowned Roy in comparison to what happened to Dawson over the length of that fight and calling it the same. Any fighter at 175 that took that shot that Tarver nailed Roy with would've went to sleep regardless of whether or not they lost weight or not.

My answers are in bold!!

Thank you for pointing out bold answers like your a road scholar and I'm illiterate. But back to the lecture, you have disproved NOTHING that I SAID. Not ONE. Because you was able to drop someone 200lbs don't mean shit to me, after all it wasn't me and you aint no pro fighter

The only thing you have proven to me is that YOU PERSONALLY don't subscribe to the so called theory. True RJJ was the subject but obviously I was mentioning a broader spectrum of fighters who have been cracked and looked bad after a massive weight loss. Maybe I should've put that in bold and made it more clearer for you

I have a cordial friendship with Nate Campbell since he fought my cousin who was a PRO fighter and I've reached out to both for their opinions. You will be the first to know when they get back to me....in essence you have not shown one 100% positive fact that this isn't a determining factor in a fighters performance. I guess I shouldn't bring up Tim Bradley's performance because he didn't get dropped by 1 shot and you dropped a 200lber, I'll exclude the fact that he ballooned up in weight and when he came back down he was getting tagged and out of it half the fight

My answers are not in bold BTW

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Apr 18 2013, 06:49 PM
Post #37

Junior Welterweight

guys like Tarver, who did shed HW lbs to get to LHW, so who knows?

I already addressed Tarver's so called shedding of HW lbs; McGirt admitted that Antonio walked around between 215-218 prior to get to 175 since he's been training him so it wasn't anything new which is why he (Tarver) did not make any excuses when BHop handled him like a baby.

I'm not saying losing weight doesn't weaken you but it has nothing to do with the chin and taking one shot like Jones did, if you are continually popped to the dome or the body for the entire bout and then get stopped like Chad did then that is different.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 18 2013, 07:24 PM
Post #38

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 12 2013, 02:58 PM) *
Tarver has a solid beard.. he has never been KOd and to my knowledge has only been dropped once by Hopkins.. Tarver is hated big time on this site yet there is absolutely nothing in his career that suggests he should be in this thread

word. he fought with a broken jaw against eric harding!!! he has no business being mentioned. unless of course someone is still butt hurt over him ktfo'ing rjj. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) "got any excuses tonite roy?"

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 18 2013, 07:28 PM
Post #39

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 12 2013, 06:53 PM) *
I was always under the impression that losing all of that weight so quickly, does something to the fluid in your brain and affects your ability to take a punch. Maybe I'm off a bit. I see Julio shed a lot of weight in a short amount of time, but he isn't fighting guys like Tarver, who did shed HW lbs to get to LHW, so who knows?

he fought tarver 8 months after he fought ruiz. it could have been used as an excuse in the first fight. then the tarver rematch didn't happen 6 months after that! that's a whole 14 months from the time he fought john ruiz. that excuse is not acceptable. smh.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 18 2013, 07:31 PM
Post #40

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 19 2013, 01:28 AM) *
he fought tarver 8 months after he fought ruiz. it could have been used as an excuse in the first fight. then the tarver rematch didn't happen 6 months after that! that's a whole 14 months from the time he fought john ruiz. that excuse is not acceptable. smh.

I wonder what weight he walked around at though, supposedly they were waiting on a Tyson fight? So he didn't drop the weight.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 03:41 AM