IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO will no longer do Business with Golden Boy!?
mrchitown
post Mar 19 2013, 10:21 PM
Post #31

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 19 2013, 04:00 PM) *
ross greenburg is now with showtime!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) this is too damn funny. fuck hbo. fuck arum.

You know who suggested that move don't you? lol
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 19 2013, 10:26 PM
Post #32

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 19 2013, 12:18 PM) *
I have to translate our post Chi..."Arum will now be the monopoly promoter for HBO". Regardless of how touchy Arum can get with HBO over petty stuff, this is an open invitation for him to run ship.

Now that he pretty much KNOWS that HBO will need him, he almost has the green light to do what he pleases. Regardless of how much I loathe him, when he's good and ready, he puts together some pretty decent cards.

The problem with Goosen and DiBella's promotional companies/fighters, is that they're always on the B-side of things. In their fighters' biggest fights, they've needed to be across the ring from a TR fighter. Besides, when Goosen's fighters have a fight, they usually go under the radar, and we never see much promotion for the fight, until the fight actually happens.

Ward almost landed a showcase bout against Pavlik before it fell apart, and Sergio JUST got the biggest fight of his career, which was couple by the likes of Bob Arum and Chavez. I've seen a few DiBella cards, and most of them can be seen on FNFs, not necessarily premium channels. Dont get me wrong, the fights were god, but it did lack that premium channel quality. As far as I'm concerned, Goosen, DiBella, and Shaw, simply get their fighters tv deals, and don't actually "promote" the guys to their full potential.

What tha muthafuu-....really?! Screw that, I still need to see True Blood, Game of Thrones, Curb Your Enthusiasm...just to name a few. There's nothing like a Sunday night line-up of great tv, and hell, I enjoy those Sunday night line-ups on Showtime as well. I have both...some of these folks out here are some reeeeal sheep.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Yup, and HBO will have to sit there and deal with it, TBH, HBO just cut themselves out of a few key and exciting weight divisions. Things over there will look different. I can't wait to see how this all plays out. Now HBO has to kiss a wrinkly old man's ass just to keep fights on their network hahaha

I always thought that Dibella, Shaw, and Goosen had some decent fighters but it's like you said. After they get them TV dates they just fall back and expect us fans to channel surf and find it when it's on.

I was on about 5 different sites and I saw a huge amount of people commenting saying how their switching networks. Then I went on my facebook and saw more of the same comments there. You'd think these people had shares in these companies lol

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Mar 19 2013, 10:32 PM
Post #33

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

UOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 19 2013, 03:09 AM) *
I'm seeing comments all over the place about people saying they're going to dump HBO and pick up Showtime. Shit getting real out here lol

I was actually thinking of dumping Showtime because their movies are so bad. HBO has better movies and shows, HBO is a better service overall. Showtime may have gotten the better boxing deal. But it's the crap on Showtime you have to go through just for boxing. Showtime was great for movies back in the mid 80's-90's. They lost several major movie contracts, and most of their stuff is B-Grade now. The costs are going up, but I get yearly discounts.

Jack

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 19 2013, 11:16 PM
Post #34

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Idk about switching. I'll just stream or go to a friends

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 20 2013, 12:43 PM
Post #35

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 19 2013, 09:32 PM) *
I was actually thinking of dumping Showtime because their movies are so bad. HBO has better movies and shows, HBO is a better service overall. Showtime may have gotten the better boxing deal. But it's the crap on Showtime you have to go through just for boxing. Showtime was great for movies back in the mid 80's-90's. They lost several major movie contracts, and most of their stuff is B-Grade now. The costs are going up, but I get yearly discounts.

Jack

I agree, my cable bill is a bit under $200. And I have the big 4, if you can call the other two big lol. I like the shows for HBO but Showtime is coming up. As far as movies I'll watch Starz or Encore, hell..even Cinemax before Showtime. It's messed up but they get everybody else's left overs. Maybe that's why their so invested in boxing now, it's no secret that they need subscribers

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Mar 20 2013, 01:47 PM
Post #36

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 20 2013, 12:43 PM) *
I agree, my cable bill is a bit under $200. And I have the big 4, if you can call the other two big lol. I like the shows for HBO but Showtime is coming up. As far as movies I'll watch Starz or Encore, hell..even Cinemax before Showtime. It's messed up but they get everybody else's left overs. Maybe that's why their so invested in boxing now, it's no secret that they need subscribers

I might look at Movie Pass down the round, which has the Encore Channels if I had to drop something, because Movie Pass is half the cost of the other big channels.

Jack

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 20 2013, 03:14 PM
Post #37

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I won't be getting rid of HBO. I have all the movie channels and it'll stay that way but I definitely can say Showtime will be my boxing network of choice. I get to watch good boxing with knowledgeable, unbiased commentary? Please and thank you!

BTW, HBO's shows are still far better. I'm not to ashamed to admit I watch the show Girls. That's my shit. It's funny as fuck

+Quote Post
sduck
post Mar 20 2013, 10:25 PM
Post #38

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

I agree with many people here lol. I always found Showtime to be my least favorite big movie network. I always go for HBO, Max, Starz, Encore, Flix, even others like TMC and Sundance before I stopped at Showtime.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 25 2013, 04:55 PM
Post #39

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 19 2013, 07:51 PM) *
Shameless is my shit!

mine too!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 25 2013, 04:56 PM
Post #40

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 19 2013, 11:21 PM) *
You know who suggested that move don't you? lol

refresh my memory.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 02:10 PM