IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10:30PM(EST)/7:30(PST):Berto vs. Zavec-SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later, No New Spoilers, Duplicate Threads, or Public Streams
sduck
post Sep 4 2011, 02:49 PM
Post #21

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,788

Berto looked better in this fight then he did against Ortiz. I only see Berto getting KO'd in the future based off exhaustion.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Sep 4 2011, 03:11 PM
Post #22

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Member No.: 7,451

I don't understand why Berto fights the way he does. He sqaures up and lands shots but refuses to move his head and duck punches. He either needs to step out, he would have murdered Zavek had he stayed on the outside on his backfoot, or move his head. He needs to get rid of Morgan in his corner, the guy cant get through to him. Put Mayweather Sr/Naz/Manny Steward in his corner and he could really be something. He has all the elements, he just needs to learn how to use them effectively.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Sep 4 2011, 04:12 PM
Post #23

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 4 2011, 04:11 PM) *
I don't understand why Berto fights the way he does. He sqaures up and lands shots but refuses to move his head and duck punches. He either needs to step out, he would have murdered Zavek had he stayed on the outside on his backfoot, or move his head. He needs to get rid of Morgan in his corner, the guy cant get through to him. Put Mayweather Sr/Naz/Manny Steward in his corner and he could really be something. He has all the elements, he just needs to learn how to use them effectively.

i think it's because he's had it easy. he can get away with it with the opposition he usually faces and he hasn't been tested enough to say to himself "i need to make a change". i haven't seen any real progression with him over the years, i think he actually might look worse than he used to.

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Sep 4 2011, 05:18 PM
Post #24

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Member No.: 7,451

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 4 2011, 04:12 PM) *
i think it's because he's had it easy. he can get away with it with the opposition he usually faces and he hasn't been tested enough to say to himself "i need to make a change". i haven't seen any real progression with him over the years, i think he actually might look worse than he used to.

yea i agree. He seems like he's too top heavy, he looks like he's about to topple over sometimes. He needs to get rid of Morgan, how can he not see that he needs to move his head. This shit baffles me

This post has been edited by EAlbian: Sep 4 2011, 05:20 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 4 2011, 07:56 PM
Post #25

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 4 2011, 05:12 PM) *

+1
You said it better than I could say it. <Paul Williams voice>

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Sep 4 2011, 09:21 PM
Post #26

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 4 2011, 08:56 PM) *
+1
You said it better than I could say it. <Paul Williams voice>

that's the way the cookie crumbles. know what i'm sayin?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 5 2011, 12:05 AM
Post #27

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 4 2011, 10:21 PM) *
that's the way the cookie crumbles. know what i'm sayin?

Hahahaha!!!
My new "+1" gif...
(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/PWillytalkupdated.gif)

+Quote Post
duwdu
post Sep 8 2011, 08:59 AM
Post #28

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 11,536

Berto hasn't improved, very poor defense. I wonder why he's in the habit of wrapping his two arms around the outside of his opponent's shoulders, no matter how tight, and thinks that would hold his opponent back? As a result, he eats a lot of upper cuts. Very annoying "defensive" posture.

Otherwise, he's a guy some would consider an exiting fighter, as he throws and invites/eats a lot of hard punches. His ratio of landed:thrown punches is also very low for a champion, even at B-level.

P34c3

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 04:11 PM