IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mythical Matchup Or Is It? TOS-Deep Freeze, Do you want to see it?
TOS-Deep Freeze
Do You want to see Touch oF SleeP vs. Deep Freeze
HELL YES! Two Legends of the Sport! [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
NO! These guys are old fossils. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Zab Judah would KO both in the same night. [ 3 ] ** [75.00%]
Total Votes: 4
Guests cannot vote 
Maxy
post Sep 19 2008, 12:30 PM
Post #11

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

QUOTE(Blayde @ Sep 15 2008, 12:29 PM) [snapback]404410[/snapback]
Gotta go with Zab (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Nah seriously, it wouldnt get me hyped up now ... Should have happened in the past.

Better late than never and it can't be denied that Freeze looked pretty good knocking out the much bigger Shaoting the other week. I tried to emulate that with Liquid Shadow but he came up short even though he's a punch bigger puncher than Freeze. I dare say Allan Green hits harder than Freeze too....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Sep 20 2008, 06:58 AM
Post #12

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

A brief interview with Maxy ďDeep FreezeĒ Gawn.

FH Welcome Maxy. So how does it feel to have opened your own gym and are you enjoying your work as a promoter?

DF Iím loving the independence of working alone without the constraints of all the other gloomy figures who surround our sport so itís good fun you know. I train my fighters, I promote my fighters and I give my fighters the best guidance possible. Iíve got a lot of experience so I know all the doís and doníts in this sport. Thatíll help my fighters.

FH We keep hearing these rumours about yourself and TOS fighting at some point. Whatís the truth in that?

DF Weíve discussed it. Itís an opportunity for us to make some money, itís a big fight regardless of titles and shit. I donít know if he wants it anymore than I do. To be honest do we need it? Do I wanna lose a fight to him? Does he wanna lose a fight to me? I mean, yeah, if it happens itíll be a great fight, Iím sure of it but is it worth staking our reputations on? Iíve heard from some people that the fight wouldnít even excite themÖI mean if thatís the consensus then it ainít gonna happen. Why risk everything for a fight that some people donít give a damn about?

FH I think most people the world over would love to see this fight but also, most people donít think itíll ever happen.

DF Like I said, weíve talked about itÖ..on the phone a few times. We have a laugh and a joke. I tell him he wouldnít last 12 rounds, he tells me he wouldnít need to cos heíd put me outta there in 4. You know, just good banter really.

FH So are you friends now?

DF Pretty much. My wife and I went to stay at Touchís Villa this past summer and it was while we were there that he talked me into trying to win the cruiserweight title. See, Touch is a short guy you know. He stood next to me and he said I should be fighting heavyweights. I laughed at him but he was serious. I said I ainít gonna get in the ring with no heavyweight and he recommended I go after the cruiserweight belt to try make a bit of history. We looked at a few tapes and decided it was doable. Thatís how it all transpired really.

FH Whatís your take on Harold Angus? Heís having some sort of feud with Skullsplitter at the moment and things have gotten rather nasty?

DF Angus has become power crazed man. Thatís why I had to leave Krumbsnatcher. He thinks he owns the sport and heís been doing some real tasteless shit lately. People gotta know right now that I donít condone any of the shit he been doing or saying you know? Using Wexley as his source for the drug allegations was crass man, He never shoulda done that shit. We sparred hundreds of rounds at Krumbsnatcher and I could outbox him, outfox him, toy with himÖ..but heís strong, a lot stronger than people might think. I can beat him. Trust me, I can beat him at cruiserweight. Iíve already proven that to myself behind closed doors. He knows it, I know it.

FH Would you ever fight him for real?

DF Never say never. Maybe I could fight him and TOS. Never say never. Shit, I might even go after Cuban Link one day, haha.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 11:26 PM