IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Senior: I'm the best trainer, I did nothing wrong.... Lil Floyd needs a reality check
Eighty88Eight
post Aug 31 2011, 12:29 PM
Post #11

I fucked with the wrong monkey...

Group: Guests
Member No.: 12,696

Why are people criticizing HBO for airing it? You think they aired it without asking Floyd? Cmon now
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tha Docta
post Aug 31 2011, 12:55 PM
Post #12

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,774

i personally would never speak to my father like that. but then again, my father also never used me as a human shield when i was a baby while a family member was shooting a gun at him.

the thing is, floyd sr doesnt just want to be a part of floyd jrs life as a father. he wants to be included in floyds career and his greatness. i think that really pisses floyd jr off. and its a big mystery why floyd jr is an arrogant a$$hole since floyd sr is probably a bigger a$$hole than his son.

this entire family should not be allowed to reproduce.

+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Aug 31 2011, 01:10 PM
Post #13

I fucked with the wrong monkey...

Group: Guests
Member No.: 12,696

QUOTE (Tha Docta @ Aug 31 2011, 01:55 PM) *
i personally would never speak to my father like that. but then again, my father also never used me as a human shield when i was a baby while a family member was shooting a gun at him.

the thing is, floyd sr doesnt just want to be a part of floyd jrs life as a father. he wants to be included in floyds career and his greatness. i think that really pisses floyd jr off. and its a big mystery why floyd jr is an arrogant a$$hole since floyd sr is probably a bigger a$$hole than his son.

look at all that their sperm hath wrought. yet, their self-infatuation does not compareth to the hyperbolic bullshiteth of MMA media. Anderson Silva is the Greatest MMA Fighter of All Time in History & Forever.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 31 2011, 01:23 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Method @ Aug 31 2011, 12:30 PM) *
..and he fought and proved.

I like Sr., but for as MUCH as he goes in on Roach, Roach has a better track record as a trainer. And you never hear Roach saying, "Well, this fighter says im the best", "that fighter says im the best", etc etc. Im jussayin.

for what it's worth....floyd sr created floyd jr from scratch....floyd jr is arguably one of the best in the sport if not thee best. his beef with roach has everything to do with freddie saying floyd sr wasn't worth the 2mil he wanted from oscar to train him to beat floyd jr. freddie is a pretty good trainer, but let's be honest, his best fighters came to him as finished...or close to finished products.

+Quote Post
HaydelHammer
post Aug 31 2011, 07:12 PM
Post #15

Welterweight

Member No.: 128

GET OUT MY GYM! LMAO!

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 31 2011, 10:09 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 1 2011, 06:23 AM) *
for what it's worth....floyd sr created floyd jr from scratch....floyd jr is arguably one of the best in the sport if not thee best. his beef with roach has everything to do with freddie saying floyd sr wasn't worth the 2mil he wanted from oscar to train him to beat floyd jr. freddie is a pretty good trainer, but let's be honest, his best fighters came to him as finished...or close to finished products.

His most famous pupil came to a long long long way from finished.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 31 2011, 10:11 PM
Post #17

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Tha Docta @ Aug 31 2011, 12:55 PM) *

I agree with you about Floyd sr wanting a more active role in his son's life. I think his intentions are god but when he srtarts spewing that "I made you, I'm the best" bullshit , nobody wantsvto be around him and that includes his son. They both obviously love one another but I think their competitive nature combined with Sr.'s absence is a recipe for instant arguments. He definitely wants a bigger rolenin his son's life but how he does it is wrong.

+Quote Post
and the NEW
post Sep 1 2011, 12:47 AM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 333

The fight is their own business, I won't judge because god knows I'm not perfect and these guys are out there walking the walk, so they can talk the talk if they like.

That said, Floyd Sr is over-rated I think. From DLH leaving Alcazar to work with him, DLH became a fairy hitting, philly shell 'shell' of his former self. His stand-up, power punching, boxing style was far more suited to his natural abilities and was schooled in him since his amateur days. He isn't a fluid mover like Floyd and never should have adopted that style.

What else has Floyd Sr ever done? Hatton we never really got to see the fruits of their labour but I imagine it would have been poor given Hatton again required his own style and the trainer should adapt to that.

Freddie Roach is a gun trainer, but why do you think he selects fighters so carefully? He needs his training methodology to match with the fighters natural talent. If not, like Chavez Jr, he won't train them in that mould and will try to adapt, which is not his strong point in coaching.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Sep 1 2011, 05:10 AM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

The one guy I would've liked to see Senior continue with was Chad Dawson. I think Chad is the kinda guy who needs his ass kicked, someone who will find the dog in him. Unfortunately Chad took the easy option and dropped him.

Agree with others, certain trainers suit certain fighters. In this case Senior improves Dawson. Likewise he coulda worked with Hatton for a hundred years and not changed him at all.

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Sep 1 2011, 05:13 AM
Post #20

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 1 2011, 10:10 AM) *
The one guy I would've liked to see Senior continue with was Chad Dawson. I think Chad is the kinda guy who needs his ass kicked, someone who will find the dog in him. Unfortunately Chad's wife took the easy option and dropped him.

Agree with others, certain trainers suit certain fighters. In this case Senior improves Dawson. Likewise he coulda worked with Hatton for a hundred years and not changed him at all.

Had to sort that one for you mate. We all know Chad doesnt make decisions.

Finding the dog in Chad Dawson will take more than turning up late for training cos KFC done fucked up your order and you spilled your kool aid in a coughing fit.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 01:09 PM