> Manny Steward
BigDDatHomey
post Oct 25 2012, 06:08 PM
Post #21

Junior Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 25 2012, 03:24 PM) *
Man the internet has killed off a slew of public figures/celebrities in the past couple of years. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Hope this isn't true.

YEAH....INCLUDING HIP-HOP!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 25 2012, 06:40 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

this saddens me deeply. i have always admired manny steward. he was much more than just a great trainer. his contribution to the world of boxing will never be forgotten. he's done so much for so many....there will be a huge void in his absence but his spirit will live on through me and the many lives that he has touched in the boxing world. my condolences to his family, friends and fans. may he rest in peace.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 25 2012, 08:03 PM
Post #23

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Oct 25 2012, 12:00 PM) *
I agree. Sad.....very sad.

He was the only one that made any sense when we have to deal with Lampley and Merchant...He was the only ones whos opinion I would actually listen to.

Unless Roy Jones or Teddy Atlas is around HBO commentary just went from a Rap artist to a Hip Hop artist with the Worlds greatest Phantom Punch caller.

QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Oct 25 2012, 07:08 PM) *
YEAH....INCLUDING HIP-HOP!

Agreed!

This dude has done waaaay too much for the boxing community, to go this soon. Dudes like Merchant and Arum, just stick around, but I guess it's true about those that you dont like, never go anywhere.

Just listening to Steward reminisce about shit during fights, dude has trained A LOT of these guys when they were amateurs, known them since they were kids, and hell, he probably gave most of them rides to the gym. LOL

This dude will be missed, especially by him losing it during those Gatti/Ward fights, and the recent Berto/Ortiz fight last year when he TOTALLY lost his shit! "Awwww my GOD!" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

PS: Let's not act like that 12th round of Toney/Jirov didn't make you a fan of Manny, let alone pay more attention to that fight. It literally gave life to that fight.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Oct 25 2012, 10:01 PM
Post #24

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Trade steward for Arum. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 25 2012, 11:10 PM
Post #25

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Oct 25 2012, 12:00 PM) *
I agree. Sad.....very sad.

He was the only one that made any sense when we have to deal with Lampley and Merchant...He was the only ones whos opinion I would actually listen to.

Unless Roy Jones or Teddy Atlas is around HBO commentary just went from a Rap artist to a Hip Hop artist with the Worlds greatest Phantom Punch caller.

I doubt teddy will be allowed anywhere near an hbo commentary table lol. He keeps it "real", Dave chappelle real.

+Quote Post
HazConvictedFelo...
post Oct 26 2012, 12:35 AM
Post #26

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,413

Rest In Peace. Emanuel Steward will be forever in the hearts of boxing fans.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 26 2012, 12:50 AM
Post #27

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 25 2012, 09:03 PM) *
Agreed!

This dude has done waaaay too much for the boxing community, to go this soon. Dudes like Merchant and Arum, just stick around, but I guess it's true about those that you dont like, never go anywhere.

Just listening to Steward reminisce about shit during fights, dude has trained A LOT of these guys when they were amateurs, known them since they were kids, and hell, he probably gave most of them rides to the gym. LOL

This dude will be missed, especially by him losing it during those Gatti/Ward fights, and the recent Berto/Ortiz fight last year when he TOTALLY lost his shit! "Awwww my GOD!" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

PS: Let's not act like that 12th round of Toney/Jirov didn't make you a fan of Manny, let alone pay more attention to that fight. It literally gave life to that fight.

That "awwww my God" moment was arguably my most memorable Manny moment. That and when he said "that dress" the night Floyd fought Cotto. Lmao

Theres something very unfair about the fact that we lost Dundee, Sugar and Manny but Merchant, King and Arum are alive and well. I think its God testing us. Are we going to let corruption kill the sport or will the purity in boxing resurface? We need to begin uplifting the sport via the very principles that made it so great to begin with.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Oct 26 2012, 12:51 AM

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Oct 26 2012, 12:57 AM
Post #28

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

RIP Manny,

You are one of the greatest trainers and legends of our great sport. A true humanitarian and great friend to all the great fighters you taught and inspired.

Remembered forever.

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 27 2012, 12:43 PM
Post #29

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jovi @ Oct 25 2012, 11:01 PM) *
Trade steward for Arum. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

THIS

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 26 2012, 01:50 AM) *
That "awwww my God" moment was arguably my most memorable Manny moment. That and when he said "that dress" the night Floyd fought Cotto. Lmao

Theres something very unfair about the fact that we lost Dundee, Sugar and Manny but Merchant, King and Arum are alive and well. I think its God testing us. Are we going to let corruption kill the sport or will the purity in boxing resurface? We need to begin uplifting the sport via the very principles that made it so great to begin with.

Lol, yes. Steward does have a way of standing out, whether he loses his shit, make up words, or make wild comments that you wont catch the first time around. Though Merchant usually tells bad jokes and gives bad analogies, it usually adds some type of weird spice to big fights.

I've appreciated Steward's analysis for fights, whether they're on point or at the 11th hour.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Oct 27 2012, 01:58 PM
Post #30

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

RIP

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 06:10 AM