IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather signs 6 fight deal w/showtime: Announces Guerrero as May 4th opponent, R.I.P. HBO
mrchitown
post Mar 6 2013, 05:30 PM
Post #161

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 6 2013, 04:07 PM) *
what's the deal with jesse jr? i've been hearing stuff on iheart radio when i listen to v103 and they clown him occasionally.

Not looking good man, they even indicted his wife on charges. Funny thing is they was gon give her a pass but she refused to testify against her husband
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 6 2013, 05:32 PM
Post #162

Light Heavyweight

http://www.boxingscene.com/video-mayweathe...s-heated--63092

All that sh*t Guerrero was talking and he froze up....And then had the nerve to say some slick sh*t after Mayweather wasn't around. Also, Guerrero better lay off the late night drive thru adventures.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 6 2013, 05:40 PM
Post #163

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 6 2013, 01:59 PM) *
Saw that shit from a mile away Chi. It took Floyd waaay too long to sign for the May 4th fight, for obvious reasons that we all know. Anytime it seems like Floyd is being rushed, things seem to fall through.

I just couldn't see him turning right back around and fighting in September. The dead giveaway was Canelo and his team asking Floyd to sign for a September fight, before the May fight even came. Of course this was going on, waaay before they actually had a hissy fit a couple of weeks ago.

Meanwhile, Cotto (who's still a name in the sport) was sitting on the sideline after losing to Trout. As I told you guys earlier, GBP seemed to give Miguel this "we still have your back" attitude, after the Trout loss. In their eyes, they saw more weaknesses exploited in the Trout fight, and let's be honest, if you ask a casual fan who Miguel recently lost to, they'll say "Mayweather", not even knowing that the Trout fight has happened. Let's keep in mind, the casual fans make up most of the PPV buys.

Now Canelo has a recently softened up Cotto to possibly face, who's still riding off of his impressive loss to Floyd (in the casual fans' mind), on a big Mexican holiday, and again...we'll have a PR vs Mexico rivalry. Gentlemen, it looks like we have decent first-time PPV headliner for Canelo. The safe pick here, is a possible Angulo showdown (since he's thinking twice about rematching Rosado), and we all know that Sergio fight aint happenin.

PS: Again, I find it funny how Sergio said that he wont fight Canelo at 154, but 160 rather. He said the SAME thing about Kirkland when that fight was being discussed. Oddly enough, Sergio was shaking the world up and shouting about coming down to 54 to fight Floyd. My question is, which one are you Sergio, are you a Jr. MW or a MW? The same question can be asked about Floyd, but Sergio's willing to do the same thing, move down for a payday, just as Floyd moves up for a big one.

I'd be more interested in the Cotto fight as far as a PPV is concerned. And I've seen some still insist Mayweather will fight in Sept, I tend to lean more towards him fighting at the end of the yr, if he decides to fight again after May 4th. With Canelo possibly fighting on Sept 4th, what other PPV date will be available, plus let's not forget that JMM-Pacquiao 5 or Martinez-Chavez 2 is being eyed in Sept by TR

I'm awe struck by some of the things that Sergio says, he said he'll only drop down to 154 for Floyd, but won't meet Ward at 164, and demands that Canelo, Kirkland, etc move up to fight him...Like he's a cash cow

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 6 2013, 05:41 PM
Post #164

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 6 2013, 05:32 PM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/video-mayweathe...s-heated--63092

All that sh*t Guerrero was talking and he froze up....And then had the nerve to say some slick sh*t after Mayweather wasn't around. Also, Guerrero better lay off the late night drive thru adventures.

i don't think he froze up. mexicans typically do not shit talk. i don't think he was trying to be slick either by stating that if he was heated he would have been throwing punches. guerrero...even though he looked out of shape, appears to be the bigger framed guy. he's going to have some success in this fight against floyd. i think this is going to be much harder than the cotto fight.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 6 2013, 05:45 PM
Post #165

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 6 2013, 05:40 PM) *
I'd be more interested in the Cotto fight as far as a PPV is concerned. And I've seen some still insist Mayweather will fight in Sept, I tend to lean more towards him fighting at the end of the yr, if he decides to fight again after May 4th. With Canelo possibly fighting on Sept 4th, what other PPV date will be available, plus let's not forget that JMM-Pacquiao 5 or Martinez-Chavez 2 is being eyed in Sept by TR

I'm awe struck by some of the things that Sergio says, he said he'll only drop down to 154 for Floyd, but won't meet Ward at 164, and demands that Canelo, Kirkland, etc move up to fight him...Like he's a cash cow

martinez has paid his dues. i think he knows floyd is his biggest pay day so he's willing to drop. canelo and kirkland have not paid dues. he can dictate to them. he ain't stupid. a fight with ward spells the end. i think those are all smart choices from a management standpoint. his biggest fight at this point will be against golovkin.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 6 2013, 06:39 PM
Post #166

Light Heavyweight

When you and your team send out press releases and do multiple interviews for 18 months stating why you want to fight Mayweather and how your going to do this and that blah blah blah...And you finally get the opportunity, you see this person face to face and all you can do is waffle back and forth and barely make eye contact, that's weak.

I know you high in this dude professor but the dude didn't have sh*t to say. I'm not buying that mexican trash talk crap because he's talked sh*t to Floyd for the longest. And when he face t face with the individual he aint saying much..Then he runs back to the camera and says if I get heated I'm swinging. Yeah? Cool story bro

I agree it's going to be a good fight but he could've came better then that. You went to De La Salle, he would've got laughed off of 35th with that weak display and you know it LOL. That's like being in the cafeteria saying you gon whoop his ass after school but when yall finally face to face you just like uh, uh...yeah man. And of course he got the bigger frame, the boy been eating good. But he isn't bigger then Floyd IMO

Martinez has paid his dues, but he can only dictate terms to a select few. And yeah, that dude Sampson know how to keep him out of harms way

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Mar 6 2013, 06:39 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 6 2013, 07:45 PM
Post #167

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 6 2013, 06:39 PM) *
When you and your team send out press releases and do multiple interviews for 18 months stating why you want to fight Mayweather and how your going to do this and that blah blah blah...And you finally get the opportunity, you see this person face to face and all you can do is waffle back and forth and barely make eye contact, that's weak.

I know you high in this dude professor but the dude didn't have sh*t to say. I'm not buying that mexican trash talk crap because he's talked sh*t to Floyd for the longest. And when he face t face with the individual he aint saying much..Then he runs back to the camera and says if I get heated I'm swinging. Yeah? Cool story bro

I agree it's going to be a good fight but he could've came better then that. You went to De La Salle, he would've got laughed off of 35th with that weak display and you know it LOL. That's like being in the cafeteria saying you gon whoop his ass after school but when yall finally face to face you just like uh, uh...yeah man. And of course he got the bigger frame, the boy been eating good. But he isn't bigger then Floyd IMO

Martinez has paid his dues, but he can only dictate terms to a select few. And yeah, that dude Sampson know how to keep him out of harms way

i've seen situations like this enough times growing up on the southside where i grew up in englewood and neighboring areas. usually...black, latino, whatever...the dudes that whoop ass talk the least. when he said he wasn't heated and that if he was he'd be swinging...that sounded to me like he was answering a question. it wasn't stated like a warning or like he was trying to pop off at the mouth after the fact. there's a difference. maybe it was the angle...but he looks big is the point i was trying to make. he's faster than cotto...smarter than ortiz...and i believe he's going to make it really tough for floyd. on the flipside, it looks like floyd dropped all that push up bulk he put on while he was at the correctional facility.

that was my point...he ain't dictating to floyd at all. he needs floyd. floyd don't need him. as for canelo and kirkland...he can dictate to them because neither of them have paid dues. and as far as not agreeing to fight ward at 164...he knows he can't beat ward.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 7 2013, 12:31 AM
Post #168

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 6 2013, 06:45 PM) *
i've seen situations like this enough times growing up on the southside where i grew up in englewood and neighboring areas. usually...black, latino, whatever...the dudes that whoop ass talk the least. when he said he wasn't heated and that if he was he'd be swinging...that sounded to me like he was answering a question. it wasn't stated like a warning or like he was trying to pop off at the mouth after the fact. there's a difference. maybe it was the angle...but he looks big is the point i was trying to make. he's faster than cotto...smarter than ortiz...and i believe he's going to make it really tough for floyd. on the flipside, it looks like floyd dropped all that push up bulk he put on while he was at the correctional facility.

that was my point...he ain't dictating to floyd at all. he needs floyd. floyd don't need him. as for canelo and kirkland...he can dictate to them because neither of them have paid dues. and as far as not agreeing to fight ward at 164...he knows he can't beat ward.

I agree but Guerrero aint from the southside and he aint gon whoop Floyd's ass. And those same people in englewood don't talk that king kong stuff and then have little to say when you actually see the person. You bring it to them they bring it to you, he didn't bring it. Watch he go back to talking tough when that all access premier next month....As far as the fight, It'll be competitive early but Floyd will take over.

Defense wins championships and Guerrero is far from a defensive guy. He's very hittable. Especially the version of Guerrero that is fighting at 147. He's smarter then Ortiz and quicker then Cotto but the gifts they have he doesn't have them, and I think his flat footedness and lack of athletic ability will do him in. He will NOT beat Floyd fighting flat footed, there's no way. I don't care how much age is brought up, the only ones who care about that are the fans. He better improve and pray that he fights the perfect fight, that's the only chance he has

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 7 2013, 12:41 AM
Post #169

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 7 2013, 12:31 AM) *
I agree but Guerrero aint from the southside and he aint gon whoop Floyd's ass. And those same people in englewood don't talk that king kong stuff and then have little to say when you actually see the person. You bring it to them they bring it to you, he didn't bring it. Watch he go back to talking tough when that all access premier next month....As far as the fight, It'll be competitive early but Floyd will take over.

Defense wins championships and Guerrero is far from a defensive guy. He's very hittable. Especially the version of Guerrero that is fighting at 147. He's smarter then Ortiz and quicker then Cotto but the gifts they have he doesn't have them, and I think his flat footedness and lack of athletic ability will do him in. He will NOT beat Floyd fighting flat footed, there's no way. I don't care how much age is brought up, the only ones who care about that are the fans. He better improve and pray that he fights the perfect fight, that's the only chance he has

I agree but even PRAYER will not save him especially with Mayweather being the god in the ring that night!!! Guerrero is underestimating Floyd and I even feel he underestimated his presence.. He looked and wreaked of INTIMIDATION... lol

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 7 2013, 04:08 PM
Post #170

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 7 2013, 12:31 AM) *

bring it to a photo shoot? the fight is where it will matter.

i totally agree...defense does win championships...and guerrero is definitely inferior to floyd in that department....but once in a while, there's a chink in the armor...or that defense wears down and a loss eventually happens. it's not a crime if and when that happens to floyd and judging on his last 3 performances....he's shown cracks in his shield. guerrero doesn't need defense to exploit those cracks. he has everything he needs and i believe he will make floyd look bad. he may not win...but he's going to help make the blue print clearer for the next guy.

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 04:43 PM