IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT) Chavez-Lee (SPOILERS 45 Mins. Later), No Duplicate Threads, Public Streams, or Discussion of NBC Sports Card
Plah
post Jun 17 2012, 11:23 AM
Post #61

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,629

Only advantage Chavez has is weight, Sergio will TKO him by round 9 or 10
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 17 2012, 12:24 PM
Post #62

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 17 2012, 03:43 AM) *
I am so sick of Lamply's pom-pom cheerleading! Why can't he go back to the great announcer he was ten to fifteen years ago?

Damn Jack, dont you think going back 10-15 years is a bit of a stretch? Lampley's too far gone, I tell ya! Toooo far goooone!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (Plah @ Jun 17 2012, 12:23 PM) *
Only advantage Chavez has is weight, Sergio will TKO him by round 9 or 10

If Chavez has the weight advantage to stay on his feet after taking a punch (which he has shown), then how do you have Sergio by TKO? If people could stop comparing Julio's chin to P. Williams', Macklin's, Dzinzurik's, and Barker's (which Sergio couldn't get to), then their predictions would make sense.

These guys that Sergio has fought, either felt that they had a good chin, or felt that they NEEDED to take his punch to get something done. In Julio's case, he has both...he knows his chin is good, and he WILL take Sergio's punches.

From what I've seen over the past year with Chavez, is that his opponents are dumb enough to go in there and try to hurt this guy or knock him out with every punch...stupid. Then they get to the "I just shit my pants" checkpoint in the fight, and ultimately start to fold when they're power doesn't do the trick. This "David vs Goliath" mindset has fucked all of his opponents.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jun 17 2012, 05:12 PM
Post #63

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 17 2012, 01:24 PM) *
Damn Jack, dont you think going back 10-15 years is a bit of a stretch? Lampley's too far gone, I tell ya! Toooo far goooone!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

If Chavez has the weight advantage to stay on his feet after taking a punch (which he has shown), then how do you have Sergio by TKO? If people could stop comparing Julio's chin to P. Williams', Macklin's, Dzinzurik's, and Barker's (which Sergio couldn't get to), then their predictions would make sense.

These guys that Sergio has fought, either felt that they had a good chin, or felt that they NEEDED to take his punch to get something done. In Julio's case, he has both...he knows his chin is good, and he WILL take Sergio's punches.

From what I've seen over the past year with Chavez, is that his opponents are dumb enough to go in there and try to hurt this guy or knock him out with every punch...stupid. Then they get to the "I just shit my pants" checkpoint in the fight, and ultimately start to fold when they're power doesn't do the trick. This "David vs Goliath" mindset has fucked all of his opponents.

I think that a TKO is possible because the accumulation of movement and effective offence by Martinez will wear JCC Jr's caveman ass down. If it gets to that point, then I think that Martinez will slice and dice.
It could go the distance and it won't be a cake walk for Sergio, but I really do think that he has all of the tools to beat JCC Jr. His age is a factor that can't be overlooked though.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 17 2012, 05:30 PM
Post #64

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I dont think there will be a KO. i think it will go to the scorecards. I think there will b a lot of flash but very little action. I think both guys will resort to showboating. I think it will look like Jones vs Calzaghe minus Jones suspect chin. A lot of meaningless flurries and bravado.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Jun 17 2012, 07:25 PM
Post #65

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

It seemed like Chavez would never face Martinez. Why are they fighting now? Because Bob Arum doesn't give a shit anymore. Chavez didn't sign and extension and most likely he will leave top rank when his contract is up.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 17 2012, 07:25 PM
Post #66

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I think there could be a ko. But im more curious in how the conditions will be leading up to the fight, if Martinez will battle to make the fight fair via drug testing same day weigh in stuff like that, or if he will let himself get bullied because he got his big money fight and would be scared to lose it.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 17 2012, 08:40 PM
Post #67

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

if he doesn't give a shit and fights under any conditions and wins well what can I say? The mans a beast, but does anybody think Freddie Roach would let his fighter be at any sort of disadvantage, whether it be weight or otherwise?

+Quote Post
Plah
post Jun 17 2012, 08:57 PM
Post #68

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

Thats why I said 9-10 instead of 4 or 5.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Jun 18 2012, 02:54 AM
Post #69

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

I watched the fight drunk at someone else crib, so bare with me. Andy Lee outboxed Chavez the first 2-3 rounds. If he had kept that pace he could of won the fight. But he couldn't hold it, so he decided to stand in there and bang with Chavez. That was his mistake which is why he lost.

I don't think Chavez can beat Sergio, but he can prove us wrong. I was actually kind of surprised this fight was officially announced. It's the Mayweather-Pacquiao of Middleweights.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 18 2012, 09:34 AM
Post #70

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (sduck @ Jun 18 2012, 03:54 AM) *
I watched the fight drunk at someone else crib, so bare with me. Andy Lee outboxed Chavez the first 2-3 rounds. If he had kept that pace he could of won the fight. But he couldn't hold it, so he decided to stand in there and bang with Chavez. That was his mistake which is why he lost.

I don't think Chavez can beat Sergio, but he can prove us wrong. I was actually kind of surprised this fight was officially announced. It's the Mayweather-Pacquiao of Middleweights.

I can only imagine that either A.) A bunch of stipulations have been placed on this fight in Chavez' favor. B.) Sergio is getting the short end of the stick revenue wise. Probably both.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 08:48 PM