Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweathers Logic
mgrover
post Nov 28 2011, 01:06 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

By his logic since Pacman lost to Marquez 3 times, then Mayweathers lost to Castillo at least once (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) This is all from the video on the front, he's counting losses that Pacman never sustained with the judges, I'll admit the last fight with Marquez was a motherfucking gift, but he's already counting another two losses? Now let the hate pour...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Seek
post Nov 28 2011, 01:51 PM
Post #2

An inbred jackass...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,971

QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 28 2011, 01:06 PM) *
By his logic since Pacman lost to Marquez 3 times, then Mayweathers lost to Castillo at least once (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) This is all from the video on the front, he's counting losses that Pacman never sustained with the judges, I'll admit the last fight with Marquez was a motherfucking gift, but he's already counting another two losses? Now let the hate pour...

He's just talking shit. Who really cares? Lol

+Quote Post
RyanTical
post Nov 28 2011, 01:59 PM
Post #3

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,841

That's Floyd being Floyd-- he's building hype for his next fight. He knows Bob Arum won't allow Pacquiao to sign on the dotted line. Therefore, Floyd's next opponent will be Canelo Alvarez by default. I've said this time and time again, Floyd doesn't need Pacquiao-- at all.

In theory, Floyd could go on to fight Alvarez(147), Khan(147), Cotto/Sergio(154) or winner of Berto/Ortiz(147) and then retire without Pacquiao on his record as the one of the greatest P4P fighters to have ever graced the squared circle.

+Quote Post
JONdaCON817
post Nov 28 2011, 01:59 PM
Post #4

Welcome to the Dirty South

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 11,493

QUOTE (Seek @ Nov 28 2011, 12:51 PM) *
He's just talking shit. Who really cares? Lol

exactly.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Nov 28 2011, 02:12 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (RyanTical @ Nov 28 2011, 06:59 PM) *
That's Floyd being Floyd-- he's building hype for his next fight. He knows Bob Arum won't allow Pacquiao to sign on the dotted line. Therefore, Floyd's next opponent will be Canelo Alvarez by default. I've said this time and time again, Floyd doesn't need Pacquiao-- at all.

In theory, Floyd could go on to fight Alvarez(147), Khan(147), Cotto/Sergio(154) or winner of Berto/Ortiz(147) and then retire without Pacquiao on his record as the one of the greatest P4P fighters to have ever graced the squared circle.

meh alverez will probably get picked apart, forget probably he will get picked apart, maybe i just wanted in that room to say that to him

+Quote Post
PColeman28
post Nov 28 2011, 02:13 PM
Post #6

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,639

QUOTE (RyanTical @ Nov 28 2011, 10:59 AM) *
Floyd could go on to fight Alvarez(147), Khan(147), Cotto/Sergio(154)

I rather watch these fights anyways...alvarez,khan,and sergio would be more exciting for Me to watch personally.....

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Nov 28 2011, 02:39 PM
Post #7

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

He's just puttin' on for the camera and his immediate audience. That's Mayweather bein' Mayweather.

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Nov 28 2011, 03:01 PM
Post #8

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,282

QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 28 2011, 01:06 PM) *

This isn't about hate. I've watched Mayweather vs. Castillo I at least 10 times (the full fight is available on youtube) and I had Floyd winning a close, but pretty clear decision, by 3 rounds or so.

Castillo for the vast majority of the fight simply tried to bull Mayweather, by sticking his head into Mayweather's chest and trying to throw hooks to the body. Well the only issue is that Floyd was blocking a ton of those shots with his elbows and many of them were landing on his hips. Those are not scoring punches.

Every now and then, Castillo tried to uppercut, but those shots mostly missed. Was he walking through Mayweather's punches ? Of course. But those were all scoring shots that Mayweather was landing.

That whole, "landed the more meaningful punches / more telling blows" bullshit ass argument only works if you are able to visibly stun the other guy with one or two shots. At no point in that fight did Mayweather get hurt by anything Castillo threw.

Castillo was getting peppered by shots, both at range and up close and every now and then, when he landed something on Floyd, people seemed to forget that he was eating punch after punch.

+Quote Post
Box in Hand
post Nov 28 2011, 03:11 PM
Post #9

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 7,195

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Nov 28 2011, 03:01 PM) *
This isn't about hate. I've watched Mayweather vs. Castillo I at least 10 times (the full fight is available on youtube) and I had Floyd winning a close, but pretty clear decision, by 3 rounds or so.

Castillo for the vast majority of the fight simply tried to bull Mayweather, by sticking his head into Mayweather's chest and trying to throw hooks to the body. Well the only issue is that Floyd was blocking a ton of those shots with his elbows and many of them were landing on his hips. Those are not scoring punches.

Every now and then, Castillo tried to uppercut, but those shots mostly missed. Was he walking through Mayweather's punches ? Of course. But those were all scoring shots that Mayweather was landing.

That whole, "landed the more meaningful punches / more telling blows" bullshit ass argument only works if you are able to visibly stun the other guy with one or two shots. At no point in that fight did Mayweather get hurt by anything Castillo threw.

Castillo was getting peppered by shots, both at range and up close and every now and then, when he landed something on Floyd, people seemed to forget that he was eating punch after punch.

Thank you. Agreed.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Nov 28 2011, 03:34 PM
Post #10

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Nov 28 2011, 03:01 PM) *

That's what I've been tryin' to tell people, but no one wanted to listen. Besides, he eliminated all doubt in the rematch.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 10:19 PM