IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather signs 6 fight deal w/showtime: Announces Guerrero as May 4th opponent, R.I.P. HBO
KOpower
post Feb 19 2013, 10:29 PM
Post #71

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,081

BTW, I don't understand why Broner would be so submissive towards Mayweather. It's not like they are brothers. Do they even have a real relationship? Broner shouldn't worry about Mayweather now, but don't rule it out. That should be the guy Broner targets to beat in the future. Admire the heck out of him, study his tape, but don't back down.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 19 2013, 10:54 PM
Post #72

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 19 2013, 07:35 PM) *
Dude did you just shit on Floyd and compliment at the same time? His fans are excited and it was a great move to jump ship from HBO to showtime. I don't get people sometimes, Floyd in no way is perfect but business wise this dude just pulled a Royal Flush out from no where. Come on man, enjoy this shit don't be a debbie downer. In your world what would you want Floyd to do to satisfy your high ass standards? Man... He inked a 6 fight deal within 30 months, what more can you want? Come on Chsels come on,

Is that you, Floyd?

I'm not being a debbie downer, I was more so addressing Floyd's fan, not Floyd himself. You're just too blind and excited to see what I was saying.

All you ever do is get on here and spew some of the same verbatim nonsense that Floyd says, as if you're trying to get recruited to the Money Team or something. Chill out with the whole Floyd hero complex you got going on...its almost like you're this dude's PR or public defender. Chill out

PS: Stop spelling my screen name wrong, as if it isn't right there in front of you while you're posting...now THAT would satisfy my standards. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 19 2013, 08:18 PM) *
wtf!? someone notify cshel that his account has been hacked!!!

clear giveaway...we're discussing guerrero and he's criticizing floyd and his fans! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I had to put a little twist to it. Some of these guys act like Floyd invented the light bulb, or sliced bread or something. He just added another feather in his cap, in regards to boxing history and bank account.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 19 2013, 08:22 PM) *
yeah...more proof! someone hacked cshel's account. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

totally agree with the highlighted. it puts more pressure on floyd...and relieves guerrero to focus on the task at hand.

Honestly, Guerrero cant afford to focus on anything other than the task at hand. He'll have enough obstacles as it, packed weigh-ins, photo shoots, extreme promotional obligations, etc...things that he WONT be able to away from.

Im sure he's used to a fight being signed, doing a few interviews, training, and fighting without this many people noticing. The second he gets caught up in Floyd's "the lights are too big for him" tactics, he'll have that much heavier lifting to do.

Floyd made a HUGE business move, but also gave Robert a chance to be overlooked, which could play into Robert's hand. I'm Robert could give a shit about any of this...money is on his mind at the moment. Lol

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 19 2013, 11:44 PM
Post #73

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Marcus @ Feb 19 2013, 07:48 PM) *
This will replicate Mayweather-Hatton. The only thing I feel is that Guerrero will get hit often. Berto wasn't the only one with a closed eye in that Berto-Guerrero fight. I don't think Floyd's lost much of a step as far as the Cotto fight goes like people claim. People forget Floyd didn't fight just ANYBODY Floyd fought Miguel Cotto. That fight was never supposed to be easy no matter if it happened in 2012 or 2005. For some reason I feel like Floyd has developed more power. Cotto was coming but Floyd was walking him down round 12. This will be an ugly fight. Guerrero will fight on the inside but I think Floyd will come out victories. I give Guerrero 3 rounds 4 max.

That's what I am thinking as well. Unofficially, he might take five rounds from haters who want to see him lose. No more than four rounds officially. (And this is coming from a Floyd hater-as a person.) Floyd the businessman is fucking brilliant along with his advisers in this landmark deal. Floyd the fighter, his legs may not be what they were, but I he's still a sharp-shooter with the defense, pivoting, and master of the shoulder roll.

Yes, Floyd may get dropped. I mean others have dropped Floyd. I could see "The Ghost" charging in and getting swelled up and busted up. He's not gonna "Play Nice" like "I'm not supposed to hurt Floyd, just get a payday and go through the motions-" Mosley. or "I'm sorry I butted you Floyd, let's kiss and make up like Oscar might do" Ortiz. LOL! In fact Guerrero might be told to fight dirty to take Floyd out of his game plan. Remember that Floyd can and will likely retaliate. Robert's only chance to win is a mauling brawling style, maybe at about 30%. Floyd running into a power bomb. However, 70% says this is a tough, sloppy mauling brawling fight (still think this is Hatton II.) that Robert WILL make exciting for however long it lasts. BUT he will pay a heavy price and have to deal with some adverse moments while being entertaining. I think the poor-man's Castillo for Guerrero is a great way to describe Robert Guerrero. Tough like Castillo, but doesn't have the experience of being through hell and back like Castillo was against Corrales. We will see how good Robert can deal with adversity. He's got heart and balls, or so it appears going into this fight. Will his face hold up against Floyd?

Jack

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 20 2013, 08:58 AM
Post #74

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 19 2013, 08:54 PM) *
Is that you, Floyd?

I'm not being a debbie downer, I was more so addressing Floyd's fan, not Floyd himself. You're just too blind and excited to see what I was saying.

All you ever do is get on here and spew some of the same verbatim nonsense that Floyd says, as if you're trying to get recruited to the Money Team or something. Chill out with the whole Floyd hero complex you got going on...its almost like you're this dude's PR or public defender. Chill out

PS: Stop spelling my screen name wrong, as if it isn't right there in front of you while you're posting...now THAT would satisfy my standards. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I had to put a little twist to it. Some of these guys act like Floyd invented the light bulb, or sliced bread or something. He just added another feather in his cap, in regards to boxing history and bank account.

Honestly, Guerrero cant afford to focus on anything other than the task at hand. He'll have enough obstacles as it, packed weigh-ins, photo shoots, extreme promotional obligations, etc...things that he WONT be able to away from.

Im sure he's used to a fight being signed, doing a few interviews, training, and fighting without this many people noticing. The second he gets caught up in Floyd's "the lights are too big for him" tactics, he'll have that much heavier lifting to do.

Floyd made a HUGE business move, but also gave Robert a chance to be overlooked, which could play into Robert's hand. I'm Robert could give a shit about any of this...money is on his mind at the moment. Lol

No dude, I am not on anyone's payroll but I can say that I am a fan and I do not apologize for it. You can be a dick about everything he does, you have a pious attitude towards certain boxers and their fans. Who do you think pushes the sport? If every boxing fan was like your tight ass the sport would be dead. And you say you can give a shit about this but yet you were the main one bitching about Floyd making you wait to officially announce that he was fighting Robert Guerrero. Stop acting like a stuck up bitch and just be a damn fight fan. No one said Floyd invented anything, but respect the man's hustle and work. American fans are the worse. They are so quick to crap on any athlete because they do not cater to their standards. While you were complaining about Floyd taking forever and a decade to announce this fight he was closing a big contract with Showtime to fight for at least 6 times so fans like you can continue to bitch and complain about what he doesn't do. Again, be thankful is all I am saying. You are too critical. We have enough Skip Baylesses and other loud mouth know it all sports critics. All I am saying is be a fan and not some cynical blow hard. Ali encountered the same problem (before you explode I am not comparing Ali and Floyd) no one appreciated his genius and what he gave to boxing until after he long retired. People were too busy calling him a loud mouth and making death threats to him. Now he is the most celebrated athlete. Fans should of appreciated him the way they do now when he was boxing. I am just tired of hearing "fans" always complain about something. Enjoy it is all I am saying CSHEL86 (happy?) And you keep saying Floyd is that you? If I was I am sure you would complain about how I'm posting on fighthype and not training.

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Feb 20 2013, 09:00 AM

+Quote Post
Slumpage
post Feb 20 2013, 09:58 AM
Post #75

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,226

Guerrero is a sucker for the straight right hand tho. Aydin couldn't miss him with it, and Berto managed to land a few choice ones on him too. Seemed like the Ghost's headmovement was not exactly elusive.

Also, in both those fights, I felt like he gassed a bit in the middle rounds. Maybe he just eased off to ensure he had something left in the tank, however it seemed to me like he really needed to. Now Floyd hardly ever gasses, in fact the most tired i've seen him look in his last like 5-6 fights was during the Cotto fight. I'm not sure Guererro is quite good enough to keep up that kind of pressure on Floyd. Plus Cotto can avoid a shot, Guerrero ate a lot from far less accurate punchers.

Dude has had 2 notable fights at 147lb, one against an untested Aydin (since lost to Karas) and the other against the over rated Berto. In both those bouts I saw enough flaws to pretty much write him off as a possible challenge to Floyd. I actually wanted to see him face Paulie 1st before stepping up to Floyd.

Still, dude has heart, chin and decent boxing ability. If Floyd is really rusty, then the Ghost can get an upset. Otherwise I'm in the segement of fans thinking this is gonna be mad one sided in Floyd's favour.

This post has been edited by Slumpage: Feb 20 2013, 10:01 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 20 2013, 10:13 AM
Post #76

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 20 2013, 08:58 AM) *
No dude, I am not on anyone's payroll but I can say that I am a fan and I do not apologize for it. You can be a dick about everything he does, you have a pious attitude towards certain boxers and their fans. Who do you think pushes the sport? If every boxing fan was like your tight ass the sport would be dead. And you say you can give a shit about this but yet you were the main one bitching about Floyd making you wait to officially announce that he was fighting Robert Guerrero. Stop acting like a stuck up bitch and just be a damn fight fan. No one said Floyd invented anything, but respect the man's hustle and work. American fans are the worse. They are so quick to crap on any athlete because they do not cater to their standards. While you were complaining about Floyd taking forever and a decade to announce this fight he was closing a big contract with Showtime to fight for at least 6 times so fans like you can continue to bitch and complain about what he doesn't do. Again, be thankful is all I am saying. You are too critical. We have enough Skip Baylesses and other loud mouth know it all sports critics. All I am saying is be a fan and not some cynical blow hard. Ali encountered the same problem (before you explode I am not comparing Ali and Floyd) no one appreciated his genius and what he gave to boxing until after he long retired. People were too busy calling him a loud mouth and making death threats to him. Now he is the most celebrated athlete. Fans should of appreciated him the way they do now when he was boxing. I am just tired of hearing "fans" always complain about something. Enjoy it is all I am saying CSHEL86 (happy?) And you keep saying Floyd is that you? If I was I am sure you would complain about how I'm posting on fighthype and not training.

If anybody knows my history around here...these type of exchanges typically dont go well...for the poster standing across from me. With that in mind, I digress on the nonsense and I'll actually try to make a point.

All I'm saying is, some of guys make it seem like this dude is the Second Coming of Christ, and he does nothing wrong. Trust me, I wasn't on my head to hear this Robert Guerrero announcement, I was more so upset because dude just started his "make 'em wait" circus, while all of these other fights were getting cancelled/postponed. Hell, I just wanna watch boxing.

"Fans" like me, enjoy all of the surrounding fights of the sport, not just when two men fight twice a year, or the other one fights every lunar eclipse. It's "fans" like you, that make me not like the guy. Well, you're not completely a pro-Floyd fan, I have seen you discuss other fights and fighters, so I cant plant that on you. ("fan" comments below do not apply to you)

When I start seeing guys posting about these other fights on the weekend, then I'll change my opinion of them. Otherwise, they can back away with all of the pro-Floyd, "Floyd said this", "Floyd said that", blah, blah, blah. They can even stop with all of the "+1" when you seem to have put me in my place so to speak. Lol

It's funny how (when cornered) those same guys will point the finger at others who actually put time into posting their thoughts, predictions, fantasy fights, etc. and say that "they don't have a life" and so on, but as soon as one guy (Floyd) does as much as cuts a fart, dudes suddenly take time out of their "oh so busy" lives, and post their every thought about him, and how he's the greatest and blah, blah, blah.

Since we are talking about how fans "push" the sport, I will avidly stand up and thank EVERYONE who CONSISTENTLY puts their time and thoughts into this forum, otherwise, it would be DEAD, as you mentioned that boxing would be dead without fans. See how that works?

Believe it or not Dolimite, I truly appreciate your contributions around here (yes, I do have a sensitive side), but don't come out of the wood works and try to correct me on my opinion when I clearly didn't aim anything towards you, it makes you look like one of those "fans" that I spoke of.

Traffic around here (when it comes to new Floyd headlines) is like people gawking at wreck on the freeway. The regular commuters just want to keep traffic at a smooth pace, but others just wanna slow up the flow by rubbernecking at the accident (in comparison to Floyd's fights). As soon as everyone's got their look in, traffic suddenly begins to run smooth again...which becomes a pain the ass for those who are simply trying to fulfill their daily commute. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Slumpage
post Feb 20 2013, 10:25 AM
Post #77

Strawweight

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/offtopic.gif)

As you can see by my Sig etc.. The boxer I am a fan of, done fucked up!

Signed to SMS promo's which jus resulted in some mad embarrassing rap entrance from 50 cent. (was actually worse than Broner's)

Then the PED scandal done popped off... Was almost off the radar, then Broner reminded everyone, lmao!

I say this as an explanation of my absence... I was sad... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cray.gif)

This post has been edited by Slumpage: Feb 20 2013, 10:26 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 20 2013, 10:42 AM
Post #78

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Slumpage @ Feb 20 2013, 10:25 AM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/offtopic.gif)

As you can see by my Sig etc.. The boxer I am a fan of, done fucked up!

Signed to SMS promo's which jus resulted in some mad embarrassing rap entrance from 50 cent. (was actually worse than Broner's)

Then the PED scandal done popped off... Was almost off the radar, then Broner reminded everyone, lmao!

I say this as an explanation of my absence... I was sad... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cray.gif)

My condolences Slump. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

You and Gamboa have been quite absent lately. Lol

+Quote Post
Slumpage
post Feb 20 2013, 10:51 AM
Post #79

Strawweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 20 2013, 10:42 AM) *
My condolences Slump. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

You and Gamboa have been quite absent lately. Lol

I'm still hurting man, still hurting...

Decided tho, since Yuri's past tests have all been urine, then he aint gonna get nabbed on some retested sample. Sooo.. As long as he is cool to do stricter testing in future, (which any smart opponent would demand really) then i'm gonna make up a bait excuse for him and move on.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif)

The one I been rolling out recently is that Yuri was unaware that he was on PEDs, just like Shane said he was during Balco days.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif)

I'm pissed because I wanted to see that Broner fight, and now Adrian has an excuse to dismiss the fight. "Clean ur piss", erm Adrian, you could just say he has to do "Floyd testing" before he faces you. I mean, does anyone think Burns is better than Gamboa? Obviously I don't, lol!

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 20 2013, 11:31 AM
Post #80

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 20 2013, 08:13 AM) *
If anybody knows my history around here...these type of exchanges typically dont go well...for the poster standing across from me. With that in mind, I digress on the nonsense and I'll actually try to make a point.

All I'm saying is, some of guys make it seem like this dude is the Second Coming of Christ, and he does nothing wrong. Trust me, I wasn't on my head to hear this Robert Guerrero announcement, I was more so upset because dude just started his "make 'em wait" circus, while all of these other fights were getting cancelled/postponed. Hell, I just wanna watch boxing.

"Fans" like me, enjoy all of the surrounding fights of the sport, not just when two men fight twice a year, or the other one fights every lunar eclipse. It's "fans" like you, that make me not like the guy. Well, you're not completely a pro-Floyd fan, I have seen you discuss other fights and fighters, so I cant plant that on you. ("fan" comments below do not apply to you)

When I start seeing guys posting about these other fights on the weekend, then I'll change my opinion of them. Otherwise, they can back away with all of the pro-Floyd, "Floyd said this", "Floyd said that", blah, blah, blah. They can even stop with all of the "+1" when you seem to have put me in my place so to speak. Lol

It's funny how (when cornered) those same guys will point the finger at others who actually put time into posting their thoughts, predictions, fantasy fights, etc. and say that "they don't have a life" and so on, but as soon as one guy (Floyd) does as much as cuts a fart, dudes suddenly take time out of their "oh so busy" lives, and post their every thought about him, and how he's the greatest and blah, blah, blah.

Since we are talking about how fans "push" the sport, I will avidly stand up and thank EVERYONE who CONSISTENTLY puts their time and thoughts into this forum, otherwise, it would be DEAD, as you mentioned that boxing would be dead without fans. See how that works?

Believe it or not Dolimite, I truly appreciate your contributions around here (yes, I do have a sensitive side), but don't come out of the wood works and try to correct me on my opinion when I clearly didn't aim anything towards you, it makes you look like one of those "fans" that I spoke of.

Traffic around here (when it comes to new Floyd headlines) is like people gawking at wreck on the freeway. The regular commuters just want to keep traffic at a smooth pace, but others just wanna slow up the flow by rubbernecking at the accident (in comparison to Floyd's fights). As soon as everyone's got their look in, traffic suddenly begins to run smooth again...which becomes a pain the ass for those who are simply trying to fulfill their daily commute. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Respect. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drinks.gif)

I don't think Floyd is the second coming of anything but I do respect his game. He has screwed up many times and I still think he is a dick how he talked to his dad. I can't speak on his issues with his child's mother because I understand that things aren't always what they appear. I will say this there are Floyd nuthuggers who feel he is the savior of boxing I do not feel that especially with the young talents that are coming out. I believe that the Charlo twins will be better than Broner. They are level headed and so mature in the ring. Sorry about the rant but sometimes I want some positivity from all boxing fans. There is so much we can complain about but man we have something to at least celebrate, I don't see this card being canceled anytime soon. Alvarez is even taking on a real 154 fighter. Plus we have Holt and Peterson fight on ESPN and Smith and K9 on Saturday. It is a week for boxing. I already have my fight food menu for May 4th! La Fin Du Mode will be on ice as well as Tacate (Cinco De Mayo Tradition). Viva deportes boxeo! My Spanish is terrible lol.

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 03:49 AM