IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Froch vs. Groves II-Preview and Poll!, Who Will Win and Why? (Vote and Comment!)
Froch vs Groves II
Who Wins The Rematch and How?
Froch by Dec (Close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Froch by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Froch by KO/TKO [ 3 ] ** [33.33%]
Groves by Dec (Close) [ 4 ] ** [44.44%]
Groves by Dec (Wide) [ 1 ] ** [11.11%]
Groves by KO/TKO [ 1 ] ** [11.11%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 9

Jack 1000
post May 26 2014, 05:56 PM
Post #11

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Voted for Groves (close decision) I give the slight edge to him over Froch by about 55%/45% It it was not for Froch's advancing age, I would make this a 50/50 fight.

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 26 2014, 08:26 PM
Post #12

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Froch is a DOG and he'll pull it off in the rematch! Groves is a young gun with power, but doesn't know what to do when the other guy doesn't succumb to that power. Froch again, by TKO...I expect fireworks early.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post May 27 2014, 08:10 PM
Post #13

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,789

I'm settling for a froch ko based on experience big fight exposure competition faced and durability. I've seen. Froch get dropped rocked n popped all ....he's a dog like shells said a very game dog!

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post May 27 2014, 11:30 PM
Post #14

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

What do you all think of the mind games with the ref and judges? (From Grove's Camp)

The IBF is presiding over the selection of officials for the fight and Groves' people insisted that the British Boxing Board of Control have no British officials:

They rejected a Polish judge, who has a good, although limited resume and has voted against the house fighter in the past.

They rejected Jack Reese of California. He is excellent, but might go for a faster stoppage than some others in there.

They originally objected to Charley Fitch of New York for having a "hands off" policy. The IBF rejected this. Charlie Fitch is reffing the fight, is known for being "hands off." Isn't that good though? The IBF said there's no time to appoint a non-local ref.

I don't know who the judges are, but both camps are happy with them. Does anybody know?

I'm glad it's not a British ref, because most British refs stop fights too fast compared to other parts of the word. Of course we don't want a "Too late" stoppage either. Mr. Fitch has a tough call here.

Jack

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post May 28 2014, 10:51 AM
Post #15

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 27 2014, 09:30 PM) *
What do you all think of the mind games with the ref and judges? (From Grove's Camp)

The IBF is presiding over the selection of officials for the fight and Groves' people insisted that the British Boxing Board of Control have no British officials:

They rejected a Polish judge, who has a good, although limited resume and has voted against the house fighter in the past.

They rejected Jack Reese of California. He is excellent, but might go for a faster stoppage than some others in there.

They originally objected to Charley Fitch of New York for having a "hands off" policy. The IBF rejected this. Charlie Fitch is reffing the fight, is known for being "hands off." Isn't that good though? The IBF said there's no time to appoint a non-local ref.

I don't know who the judges are, but both camps are happy with them. Does anybody know?

I'm glad it's not a British ref, because most British refs stop fights too fast compared to other parts of the word. Of course we don't want a "Too late" stoppage either. Mr. Fitch has a tough call here.

Jack

its all distractions! groves looking for that small extra mental advantage. a hands of ref can either make or break this fight. but with 80,000 in attednance i dont think hes gonna pull no funny stuff. and i bet you all that wembley will have another major fight this year and possibly more next year 80,000 is a hard number to ignore!

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post May 29 2014, 10:59 AM
Post #16

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

i think groves will put on a clinic. although he doesnt have the suproise factor to help this time, froch knows what he can do, so that might hurt his success. i still think his ability will frustrate froch, the only thing froch could do in the 1st fight was wait til groves tired out then try to punish him. if groves is in shape, he will win the decision IMHO.

+Quote Post
KSUN247
post May 31 2014, 10:31 AM
Post #17

Flyweight

Member No.: 14,011

Groves will outbox Froch and get the decision. I expect a war for the first half of the fight with both going down early. Groves will then bounce back to win a close decision.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 31 2014, 10:57 AM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (KSUN247 @ May 31 2014, 08:31 AM) *
Groves will outbox Froch and get the decision. I expect a war for the first half of the fight with both going down early. Groves will then bounce back to win a close decision.

Give me Froch in a Ud

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 31 2014, 12:33 PM
Post #19

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

C Freezy's gonna burn this dude in a couple of hours! It's almost like hoping for the underdog team to make it back to the Superbowl, when they made it prior season and couldn't get the job done.

I like Groves for his efforts in the first fight, but he should've sealed the deal then. Almost sealing the deal, then getting stopped later, isn't a clear indication that you'll shock the world the second time around.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 04:03 AM