IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> top ten fights u DON'T want to see, have at it...
Cshel86
post Sep 21 2012, 08:00 PM
Post #21

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Goddamn, how many fuckin' weight classes do people want Floyd to move up? Cut that shit out. He's already competed at 5 weight classes, so what? If he moves up to 160 and beats Martinez, then motherfuckers will be demanding a Ward fight, then a Dawson fight at 175. When will the bullshit stop?

The only way that he possibly fights Martinez, is at 154. Sergio will do the same shit Dawson did, when it came to moving down in weight. He was saying waaay before the Hopkins rematch, that he could still compete at 168. He got there, and got his ass handed to him, because of skill and of course the weight.

If Floyd fights and beats Sergio at 54, then people will complain that Sergio sacrificed a few lbs and others will say that Floyd is the best fighter in the world. If Floyd moves up to 160 and loses, then people will that its the weight, and Sergio will be the best fighter that ever lived. It goes both ways. Get it?

These "Floyd should fight this guy" discussions are getting old, and are revolving doors. This shit is like the airport, that bitch never closes. Stop it. Nobody wants to see a bloated Floyd at 160, and nobody wants to see a drained Sergio at 154. I'm tired of seeing bloated and drained fighters fight for "glory" and/or a paycheck.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Oct 13 2012, 10:58 AM
Post #22

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 21 2012, 09:00 PM) *
These "Floyd should fight this guy" discussions are getting old, and are revolving doors. This shit is like the airport, that bitch never closes. Stop it. Nobody wants to see a bloated Floyd at 160, and nobody wants to see a drained Sergio at 154. I'm tired of seeing bloated and drained fighters fight for "glory" and/or a paycheck.

LOL you said it! I hadto laugh cause a 160 floyd mayweather jr would look kinda like a bite sized 200+lb James Toney

But I gotta put my 2 cents on this now that I was thinkin bout the fights i wanted to see

the shit i don't like:

1. andre ward v. kelly pavlik
andre ward has been doing nothing but fighting good competition for the past few years. I would understand if he signed on with Pavlik for a breezy paycheck. But at the same time, I wouldn't watch it and a victory wouldn't count for nothing. Pavlik does not deserve to face a quality champion like Ward nor does he deserve the beating he'd get. pavlik is washed up imo and has been

2. ricky hatton v. ANY reputable opponents (at least for a year and pry two)
i hate to dog on all of the boxers with substance abuse problems, but ricky hatton should keep all the big names out his mouth until he knows what he is still capable of against D and C grade boxers. You can't blow up in weight, go on a few year night bender and then decide to be a boxer again. I hope Hatton shows me different but I have a feeling he might have a tough "part II" of his career.

3. pacquiao v marquez 4
this is just a redundant fight. at this point, arum should organize a continent-cross-continent tour and marquez and pacquiao can fight eachother throughout the year every location they stop at. they could fight eachother about 40 times before it was all said and done. and after everytime they fight, they sign autographs. they could also have a traveling merchandise vendor that hawks out t-shirts, cups, candy bars and hats, all pacquiao/marquez paraphinilia. my point is, don't have these two guys fight for a fourth time and act like it is still an "event"...the fourth time might as well be the 40th

4. garcia v morales II
morales made garcia compete the first time, which does mean something at the age morales is. with that said, i think that is the best morales can do now: give upncomers a lesson (but probably not a beating). worst case scenario, the veteran runs out of gas against a young gun who might make up for a lack of skills with youth and finesse. I just don't think Morales deserves to get that beating. I might be wrong though, maybe el terrible still has some cards to play I don't know about. either way, i coulda passed on seeing this rematch

5. chavez v martinez II
i hate to be dismissive and judgemental of this match made in heaven but that is what I am. the reason this fight would or could happen is the same reason that there is a 4th pacquiao marquez fight. a boxer gets all the chances in the world to redeem themselves so long as there is fan base to pay for it. chavez jr should stop thinkin about hitting martinez and instead keep to his usual of hitting the bongy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif)

shit i'm hard pressed to think of any others I find especially meaningless...which is a good thing. So i'll call it quits early then and keep it a solid 5.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 13 2012, 01:25 PM
Post #23

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (wolterb @ Oct 13 2012, 11:58 AM) *
1. andre ward v. kelly pavlik
andre ward has been doing nothing but fighting good competition for the past few years. I would understand if he signed on with Pavlik for a breezy paycheck. But at the same time, I wouldn't watch it and a victory wouldn't count for nothing. Pavlik does not deserve to face a quality champion like Ward nor does he deserve the beating he'd get. pavlik is washed up imo and has been

2. ricky hatton v. ANY reputable opponents (at least for a year and pry two)
i hate to dog on all of the boxers with substance abuse problems, but ricky hatton should keep all the big names out his mouth until he knows what he is still capable of against D and C grade boxers. You can't blow up in weight, go on a few year night bender and then decide to be a boxer again. I hope Hatton shows me different but I have a feeling he might have a tough "part II" of his career.

3. pacquiao v marquez 4
this is just a redundant fight. at this point, arum should organize a continent-cross-continent tour and marquez and pacquiao can fight eachother throughout the year every location they stop at. they could fight eachother about 40 times before it was all said and done. and after everytime they fight, they sign autographs. they could also have a traveling merchandise vendor that hawks out t-shirts, cups, candy bars and hats, all pacquiao/marquez paraphinilia. my point is, don't have these two guys fight for a fourth time and act like it is still an "event"...the fourth time might as well be the 40th

4. garcia v morales II
morales made garcia compete the first time, which does mean something at the age morales is. with that said, i think that is the best morales can do now: give upncomers a lesson (but probably not a beating). worst case scenario, the veteran runs out of gas against a young gun who might make up for a lack of skills with youth and finesse. I just don't think Morales deserves to get that beating. I might be wrong though, maybe el terrible still has some cards to play I don't know about. either way, i coulda passed on seeing this rematch

5. chavez v martinez II
i hate to be dismissive and judgemental of this match made in heaven but that is what I am. the reason this fight would or could happen is the same reason that there is a 4th pacquiao marquez fight. a boxer gets all the chances in the world to redeem themselves so long as there is fan base to pay for it. chavez jr should stop thinkin about hitting martinez and instead keep to his usual of hitting the bongy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif)

shit i'm hard pressed to think of any others I find especially meaningless...which is a good thing. So i'll call it quits early then and keep it a solid 5.

I couldn't agree more with you, on a few of these.

1. Ward/Pavlik: Im not completely on board with this one myself, but Ward does need to stay busy. Nobody else has really done shit at 168, and its obvious that Dirrell chooses friendship in this situation, but honestly, what has Dirrell even done at 68?! I believe Pavlik does still deserve to fight top opposition. He has fought a heap of no-hopers to get his name back in top contention, but Im sure we all agree that Ward was too big of a step for Kelly. If lilliputians and firefighters can give Kelly a run for his money (based off of activity), then Ward would be too much for him. His best best is to make Ward taste the canvas at least once, then he doesn't have to do anything else right for the remainder of the bout.

2. I agree about Ricky Hatton. Hopefully his popularity, fans base, and relentlessness in the ring, helps keep our minds off of critically assessing his return performance. Sadly, we're boxing fans...the most brutal fans to grace the face of this Earth. Well hell, we're at least in the top 3. Lol

3. Pac/JMM 4: I agree. They need to just go ahead and make an extended documentary with some unseen footage of the first 3 fights, and call it a day. Sadly, if JMM happens to make Manny taste the canvas, and totally fuck the eyes of us American fans who've never seen Manny on the canvas in a current bout...there will probably be a 5th fight. Lol. No, seriously though. The only thing that will hold my interest in a 4th fight, would be a delightful undercard, and of course hearing the Mexican national anthem.

4. Garcia/Morales 2: GBP did a nice gesture by taking our attention off of this uncalled for main event, by stacking the undercard and giving it to us for free...on top of the preliminaries before the actual quadruple header. The sad thing is, Morales gave Danny a run for his money in the first fight by timing him well, so if Erik happens to make Danny taste the canvas, make him look as lost at times as he did in the first fight, or possibly pull off an upset...then the glory of that Khan KO victory will catch a lot of flack. Sad, but true. You're only as good as your last fight. If Danny happens to look bad tonight, then Khan can come out of the woodwork and make excuses about the first fight, and actually get a pass for the loss.

5. Chavez/Martinez II: I agree, and you made some great points. Julio made it clear that a "puncher's chance" does still exist in the sport, and I believe that a lot of uncalled for rematches will be made, due to this. If they make Chavez/Martinez the FOTY, then more than likely, Bob will harp on that, and weasel Julio into a rematch.

Good stuff!

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 13 2012, 02:40 PM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

anybody with a major title fighting a nobody. i would list but there's just wayyyy too many.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Oct 13 2012, 05:28 PM
Post #25

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

Only one I can think of for now is any fight concerning EVANDER HOLYFIELD!

I was gonna throw Roy Jones's name in there but for some reason I'm interested with his fight with Kimbo.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 13 2012, 06:18 PM
Post #26

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Oct 13 2012, 06:28 PM) *
Only one I can think of for now is any fight concerning EVANDER HOLYFIELD!

Consider yourself fortunate...Holyfield finally retired this week.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Oct 14 2012, 06:29 PM
Post #27

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

shel, i see your point about ward keeping busy. if its between no fight at all or a fight with pavlik, thered be nothing wrong with ward doing it. and i def agree with you about dirrel.

that khan point is something i hadn't thought about either. i gotta admit though, khan has grown on me. he at least was humbled enough to acknowledge some of his shortcomings and try to learn more. getting multiple losses may have been the best thing for him but i don't know.

its also interesting you said that boxers are only as good as their last fight. when i decided to place morales v. garcia II on the list, garcia's ko victory over khan was on the forefront of my mind. maybe there is more left in morales than i'm granting him after rethinking how erik and danny's first fight went. garcia looked outclassed at times. morales just doesnt have that pop anymore and i think if he fucks around he won't be able to defend himself

and i'll drink to holyfield's good health tonight, i didn't know he retired until looking at this thread lol good for him

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 14 2012, 07:44 PM
Post #28

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

donaire vs anyone but rigondeaux/moreno/agbeko/mares

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 02:19 AM