Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Recommendations: Quick recovery from injuries
Spyder
post Apr 11 2009, 08:06 PM
Post #11

The Prime Minista

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,850

My back injury is a herniated disc...it hurt like a bitch, but I should've kept working out. Now in recovery, I have to make up for lost time.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dbdbdb
post Apr 13 2009, 07:46 PM
Post #12

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,102

QUOTE (Spyder @ Apr 11 2009, 09:06 PM) *
My back injury is a herniated disc...it hurt like a bitch, but I should've kept working out. Now in recovery, I have to make up for lost time.

Sad thing about a herniated disk is that it doesn't heal itself. I worked in the medical profession for 15 years and scrubbed in on several herniated disk procedures and the only way to reduce the pressure on the nerve is to clip\cut off the portion that has bulged out. Its a simple procedure but recurrence is common. So be careful with that back pain, especially if it involves a herniation.

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Apr 29 2009, 11:59 AM
Post #13

The Prime Minista

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,850

QUOTE (dbdbdb @ Apr 13 2009, 08:46 PM) *
Sad thing about a herniated disk is that it doesn't heal itself. I worked in the medical profession for 15 years and scrubbed in on several herniated disk procedures and the only way to reduce the pressure on the nerve is to clip\cut off the portion that has bulged out. Its a simple procedure but recurrence is common. So be careful with that back pain, especially if it involves a herniation.

Mine is in the best possilbe position...if that makes any sense. lol

L5 and the herniation is inward directly into the column. When I hurt it, I could barely move. Luckily, with work on an inversion table it has receded to the point that it no longer touches on my nerves. It's still there, and I know it could give me pain again...but I'm not going to "baby" it like I had.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Apr 29 2009, 12:24 PM
Post #14

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

My friend at the gym gave me some stuff called Zheng Gu Shui and it's been helping me a lot(a lot of MMA fighters use it I've heard)..I had an elbow problem and it has been taking care of it..Look it up and read some reviews about it..They have some of it on Amazon too..I've been using it the last 2 weeks..Every injury is different so obviously the healing process will vary..I definitely recommend it though..

+Quote Post
dbdbdb
post Apr 30 2009, 04:33 PM
Post #15

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 4,102

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 29 2009, 01:24 PM) *
My friend at the gym gave me some stuff called Zheng Gu Shui and it's been helping me a lot(a lot of MMA fighters use it I've heard)..I had an elbow problem and it has been taking care of it..Look it up and read some reviews about it..They have some of it on Amazon too..I've been using it the last 2 weeks..Every injury is different so obviously the healing process will vary..I definitely recommend it though..

Zheng Gu Shui, Discover the Topical Analgesic that Chinese have been widely using for over 60 years. Zheng Gu Shui won the Chinese Public Health Ministry’s Best Quality Award and is quickly gaining a foothold in over 20 countries world wide who are turning to this topical analgesic for temporary relief for muscle pain, joint pain, bruising and pain from other injury's.

Translated, Zheng Gu Shui means bone-setting solution. Its function is to promote blood circulation, stop pain and help regeneration of bone tissue.

I'm going to order some of that stuff .... The ben-gay odor gets annoying. And the Chinese after 60 years can't be wrong.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Apr 30 2009, 04:56 PM
Post #16

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (dbdbdb @ Apr 30 2009, 04:33 PM) *
Zheng Gu Shui, Discover the Topical Analgesic that Chinese have been widely using for over 60 years. Zheng Gu Shui won the Chinese Public Health Ministry’s Best Quality Award and is quickly gaining a foothold in over 20 countries world wide who are turning to this topical analgesic for temporary relief for muscle pain, joint pain, bruising and pain from other injury's.

Translated, Zheng Gu Shui means bone-setting solution. Its function is to promote blood circulation, stop pain and help regeneration of bone tissue.

I'm going to order some of that stuff .... The ben-gay odor gets annoying. And the Chinese after 60 years can't be wrong.

The smell this stuff gives off is like Vicks.This stuff works!!

+Quote Post
Vega
post Mar 23 2010, 05:02 PM
Post #17

Amateur

Member No.: 10,812

If you can't rest your injuries, I always try to avoid working out the areas that are injured. This doesn't work so well for a bad back but if you injured your shoulder or arms, then work on your legs and mid-section. For instance you could do squats or crunches or you could run or bike. If your injury is in your legs then work out you upper body. This way, your giving your injured part of your body time to rest and repair itself while still being able to workout.

Vega Sinclair, Health Insurance Advisor

This post has been edited by Vega: Apr 2 2010, 05:19 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 07:51 PM