> Love or Hate Floyd Mayweather? Reasons Why, 1 Topic Merged Here
MarzB
post Nov 20 2009, 10:24 AM
Post #31

Junior Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,494

QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Nov 20 2009, 10:19 AM) *
Some of you guys are hilarious, it's always "fuck money" when it's not your dollar. If you were offered one job making 100,000 a year, an offered another job(doing the same fucking thing) for 50,000 a year and the one that paid half as much was 2x as hard, i would like to know what dickhead in this forum would take that job. Seriously, it's easy to beat your chest and act like a tough guy and idiot when it's not you dollar.

I've said something VERY similar here. I also posed the question (FITZ where are you) to the Mayweather hate faction regarding his alleged DUCKING of Margarito. I've shown PROOF that Mayweather was NOT paid in full for his fights with GATTI and Judah under Arum where Bob Arum admits he didn't pay him.

Yet Floyd after paying $750K to be released from Arum should accept Arum's faux $8mill dollar offer despite having NOT paid him. I said, "who in here would work for free??" no one answered. I then countered saying, "Would you do a job for someone who still owes you (lets say LANDSCAPING) but they promised you a bigger payout??" No one answered and it went back to the "Gayweather, he has no balls, he's a runner" type of BS comments.

I say for any fighter, make what the HELL you can because when you're done you are TRULY DONE. This is the most unforgiving of ANY sport there is.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
streetlion1
post Nov 20 2009, 10:30 AM
Post #32

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,534

QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 20 2009, 09:10 AM) *
If he really is planning to wait until May, he should wait. Think about it. It's already getting to late November, any fight he takes now probably wouldn't happen before Feb or March. You think he would fight again 2-3 months later? The only way I think he should take a fight against an opponent who is NOT Mosley or Pacquiao is if he was gunning for a later date with each other them, i.e. Sept or Oct and take a fight in between to stay sharp. Otherwise, just wait til May.

He should fight a tune up in Jan. or early Feb. against Clottey or Margacheato. A tune up against a strong real welter.....Clottey is tough but Floyd would clearly out-box him. The one I really want him to fight for a tune up is Cheato!! I think he would chop Antonio to pieces....then again it might look like Baldomir-Mayweather revisited....either way I wanna see Cheato K.O.ed or embarrassed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I know neither fight will happen but I think if its another tune up he is gonna have it should be a tune up against a real welter who brings something to the table.

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Nov 20 2009, 10:36 AM
Post #33

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,301

I have no problem with Floyd, and the others such as Calzaghes and Jones Jnr, taking easier fights for more money and such. That's fine with me.

You know what? I'd probably do the same.

It's their faces getting punched, not mine. It's their lives they're giving up to train, not mine, so I can see why they take those fights and make sure they're getting paid. Remeber, 'legacy don't pay the bills'.

What I do have a problem with though, is when they take the easier fights, but then proclaim to be the BEST FIGHTER EVER.

You don't prove you're the best fighter ever, then fight some C and B level fighters for more money.

If you wanna do that, then fight the C and B level fighters, get your money and stay quiet.....DO NOT start spouting out you're the best ever (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nono.gif)

If you wanna say that, then yes, you'll have to fuck the money and go for the best opponents you can, or hope that with fighting the best fighters available, the money will be there anyway.

+Quote Post
MarzB
post Nov 20 2009, 10:46 AM
Post #34

Junior Welterweight

Roll Deep is that really the issue?? Plenty of fighters proclaim they're GREAT and I'd rather have a fighter with confidence than not. As far as EASY money more lucrative fights, thats neither here nor there.

With Floyd I believe he knows the money isn't always going to be there and I think what he and Leonard do is border line BRILLIANT with this "HEEL" stuff they pull. People say they're not buying Mayweather PPVs and he's a boring fighter (sighing) but someone is.

Btw, it's ok to concede that you werent aware of Ray Robinson being tough as nails at the negotiation table (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
rusty_trombone
post Nov 20 2009, 10:56 AM
Post #35

Cerebral Ape

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 5,390

QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Nov 20 2009, 10:36 AM) *
I have no problem with Floyd, and the others such as Calzaghes and Jones Jnr, taking easier fights for more money and such. That's fine with me.

You know what? I'd probably do the same.

It's their faces getting punched, not mine. It's their lives they're giving up to train, not mine, so I can see why they take those fights and make sure they're getting paid. Remeber, 'legacy don't pay the bills'.

What I do have a problem with though, is when they take the easier fights, but then proclaim to be the BEST FIGHTER EVER.

You don't prove you're the best fighter ever, then fight some C and B level fighters for more money.

If you wanna do that, then fight the C and B level fighters, get your money and stay quiet.....DO NOT start spouting out you're the best ever (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nono.gif)

If you wanna say that, then yes, you'll have to fuck the money and go for the best opponents you can, or hope that with fighting the best fighters available, the money will be there anyway.

does it offend your delicate sensibilities? it's not like he's writing the history books.......

This post has been edited by rusty_trombone: Nov 20 2009, 10:57 AM

+Quote Post
MarzB
post Nov 20 2009, 11:04 AM
Post #36

Junior Welterweight

James Toney, Mike Tyson, Roy (oh never mind he's very hated as is), Muhammad Ali amongst others have said the same or similar things.

Toney's also good in Madden too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
streetlion1
post Nov 20 2009, 11:26 AM
Post #37

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 6,534

QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 20 2009, 10:04 AM) *
James Toney, Mike Tyson, Roy (oh never mind he's very hated as is), Muhammad Ali amongst others have said the same or similar things.

Toney's also good in Madden too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

When Ali said it he was telling the truth.

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Nov 20 2009, 11:31 AM
Post #38

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 20 2009, 11:46 AM) *
Roll Deep is that really the issue?? Plenty of fighters proclaim they're GREAT and I'd rather have a fighter with confidence than not. As far as EASY money more lucrative fights, thats neither here nor there.

With Floyd I believe he knows the money isn't always going to be there and I think what he and Leonard do is border line BRILLIANT with this "HEEL" stuff they pull. People say they're not buying Mayweather PPVs and he's a boring fighter (sighing) but someone is.

Btw, it's ok to concede that you werent aware of Ray Robinson being tough as nails at the negotiation table (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

That was my brother, Blackbelt, who wrote that. He used the computer I was using and I hadn't logged off, so I concede nothing.

It annoys me when that's all you hear from Floyd AND Floyd fans about he's the GOAT. Change the record - for whatever reason, he hasn't fought who he should have. End of story. That's my gripe.

He hasn't fought who he should have but still calls himself the greatest. Yawn. shut up and fight someone. Big gaylord.

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Nov 20 2009, 11:33 AM
Post #39

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Nov 20 2009, 11:56 AM) *
does it offend your delicate sensibilities? it's not like he's writing the history books.......

Lol, my 'sensibilities' are not delicate. Just gets a bit boring after a while when he never actually does fight anyone.

He's a big gaylord.

So is Calzaghe.

+Quote Post
MarzB
post Nov 20 2009, 11:34 AM
Post #40

Junior Welterweight

You do realize that during Ali's prime and in the 70's that he was still hated a large faction of people who referred to him as an "upitty n***" or "that draft dodging n*****" right??

You're also aware of the mockcomputer fight between he and Marciano where Ali not only lost to Marciano but to slow ass Jim Jeffries right? My point in mentioning these is that to a guy who's speaking the truth, these things wouldn't have been said or occurred based on his perception at the time.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 09:59 AM