IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PASCAL AND HOPKINS REMATCH ORDERED BY WBC, HOPKINS VOWS TO BECOME OLDEST CHAMP IN ANY SPORT
neophyte7
post Jan 7 2011, 10:50 PM
Post #1

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

WHAT IS THE CALL HERE... HOPKINS SAYS HE WILL MAKE HISTORY. MAN, HOPKINS TRULY IS ONE OF A KIND. HE REALLY SHOWED THAT OLD HOPKINS DOG GRIT THAT MADE HIM SO DANGEROUS WHEN HE WAS YOUNGER IN THERE AGAINST PASCAL. AFTER BEING DOWN 2x HIS PRIDE WAS ON THE LINE... BH SHOWED THE GREATNESS THAT LIE WITHIN HIM by battering Pascal

Pascal suprised Hopkins with his explosiveness as Hop may have been a little too relaxed and business as usual ... The next time he chops down Pascal who will wear the influences of that last beating Hops laid on that ass. If I am Nazim i send Hops straight at his ass behind the jab and then straight inside to beat up his body... Hop will make history in emphatic fashion
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Box in Hand
post Jan 8 2011, 12:03 AM
Post #2

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,195

Pascal's people say they will disregard the WBC and honor the contract to fight Dawson. So Pascal will be stripped of his WBC belt. My question is does the belt go to Hops at that point or does he fight the number 2 guy in the division for the vacant WBC belt? I'd rather Hops Pascal get it on again and know for a fact Hopks avoids the knockdowns and once again beats the hell out Pascal.

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Jan 8 2011, 12:49 AM
Post #3

Guests

For me, the thing that should happen is that Pascal-Dawson fight. Hopkins should fight Cloud and then the winners should fight and unify. If not, Hopkins should just wait for the winner of Pascal and Dawson. Yes normally, that would warrant a rematch and I still want to see it. But Dawson was entitled to a rematch now, and that is in a written contract. The contract should be honoured.
I am interested in a Hopkins-Pascal rematch as well, and Hopkins deserves one. He got unlucky, I just think that the contract should be honoured.

+Quote Post
Guest_ViperSniper_*
post Jan 8 2011, 01:29 AM
Post #4

Guests

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 8 2011, 05:49 AM) *
For me, the thing that should happen is that Pascal-Dawson fight. Hopkins should fight Cloud and then the winners should fight and unify. If not, Hopkins should just wait for the winner of Pascal and Dawson. Yes normally, that would warrant a rematch and I still want to see it. But Dawson was entitled to a rematch now, and that is in a written contract. The contract should be honoured.
I am interested in a Hopkins-Pascal rematch as well, and Hopkins deserves one. He got unlucky, I just think that the contract should be honoured.

Agree, it's a tough situation but it would be the best outcome for the Light Heavyweight division.

As for the bolded part, that the the very reason I agree with this move as it's also the right thing to do..Dawson shouldn't have to cop the short end of the stick.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Jan 8 2011, 06:20 AM
Post #5

Welterweight

Pascal took a mental and physical pounding from BH. If he faces Hops in the next few months he gets pounded again and loses... if he faces dawson he gets pounded by dawson... Hops took something out of that boy... Pavlik was not the same.. Pascal will not be the same (Not that he was all that special anyhow, yet he does have explosive quickness)

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Jan 8 2011, 09:03 AM
Post #6

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

After the injustice of the first fight you'd assume Hopkins gets the job done this time around but it ain't no given.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Jan 8 2011, 09:46 AM
Post #7

Welterweight

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 8 2011, 08:58 AM) *
Maybe, but I think Pascal still has the natural talent and boxing skills to defeat a mid 40s BHop. Is he mentally strong enough to get the job done?

We will see.

As much as we all feel that BHop won that fight, Pascal did not take a serious physical beating.

I disagree... Hops had Pascal holding on for dear life the entire second half of the fight. Pascal took serious body and head shots in steady debilitating fashion. he was battered. Pascal looks to get dazed very easily... he has good recuperation an physical strength though but even against Dawson he was buzzed often

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jan 8 2011, 03:12 PM
Post #8

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

The WBC voted to have Hopkins-Pascal II next. The winner must fight Dawson with no in-between bout. I don't think this fight warrants an immediate rematch. Many people thought a draw was OK. Maybe a bit of a stretch, but not outrageous. Hopkins has some Emeritus title according to the press release, so the WBC might name him champion if Pascal rematches with Dawson instead.

It could also be that Pascal-Dawson will be for the vacant WBC title. Perhaps the decision could be appealed. Too early to tell what will happen.

Jack

+Quote Post
thefloatingmonke...
post Jan 8 2011, 04:34 PM
Post #9

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,046

I think Pascal could take Hopkins if he stayed busy in the fight. He looked older than Hopkins in the fight with his lack of activity. Not sure what the deal with that was.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Jan 8 2011, 08:22 PM
Post #10

Welterweight

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 8 2011, 11:06 AM) *
Come on, neo, he was in a championship fight, but he was not battered. It was a close fight. He lost, IMO, but I don't think the physical nature of the fight was as damaging to Pascal as the mental.

Beardo... I looked to me like Hopkins Taylor I -- Taylor took a pounding the last 4 rounds... even looked to the ref multiple times as if he needed help... Pascal was doing the same.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 08:02 AM