Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Just Another Day At TOP REMATCHNK, Flappy Bob open wide
TheCritics
post Feb 19 2014, 04:20 PM
Post #1

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,114

With the upcoming fight between Pac-Timmy approaching, ole Bob has begun his promotional tactics in earnest by (wait for it...) mentioning the name of one Money Mayweather

Kudos to those who knew the answer before reading it, but the funny thing is eagerness to talk about GBP fighter Amir Khan getting a fight instead of his own fighter Rigo?

Schaefer should respond to this swiftly, put the fart in his place and inform the novice fans that Khan was supposed to face Devon in order to land the Mayweather fight without issue
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Feb 19 2014, 06:31 PM
Post #2

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

QUOTE (TheCritics @ Feb 19 2014, 04:20 PM) *
With the upcoming fight between Pac-Timmy approaching, ole Bob has begun his promotional tactics in earnest by (wait for it...) mentioning the name of one Money Mayweather

Kudos to those who knew the answer before reading it, but the funny thing is eagerness to talk about GBP fighter Amir Khan getting a fight instead of his own fighter Rigo?

Schaefer should respond to this swiftly, put the fart in his place and inform the novice fans that Khan was supposed to face Devon in order to land the Mayweather fight without issue

He's on a promotional tour so of course they will ask him about his take on Amir Khan's situation. I mean it's not like he called a press conference to state his opinion on it. Could he have not answered the question? Yes. But it's Arum he can't pass up a chance to get quoted.

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Feb 19 2014, 07:55 PM
Post #3

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

What The RobFather says is pointless there is no better way to assess it. I will honestly be happy once Todd Duboef take over Top Rematch.

Kudos for him to get the #2 fight I wanted to see. Pacquiao vs Bradley 2

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 19 2014, 09:14 PM
Post #4

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Feb 19 2014, 06:55 PM) *
What The RobFather says is pointless there is no better way to assess it. I will honestly be happy once Todd Duboef take over Top Rematch.

I only wish I could be as optimistic as you are about him taking over, I mean, he is after all Rob's stepson and more than likely will carry on Arum's wishes once the old bastard has gone from the face of the Earth. Sometimes we act as if Todd isn't right there while Rob is carrying out this madness/stalemate between GBP and his beef with Mayweather.

Surely this is a simple marketing tactic by Arum to keep Pacquiao relevant by constantly mentioning Mayweather.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 20 2014, 05:12 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 20 2014, 02:14 AM) *
I only wish I could be as optimistic as you are about him taking over, I mean, he is after all Rob's stepson and more than likely will carry on Arum's wishes once the old bastard has gone from the face of the Earth. Sometimes we act as if Todd isn't right there while Rob is carrying out this madness/stalemate between GBP and his beef with Mayweather.

Surely this is a simple marketing tactic by Arum to keep Pacquiao relevant by constantly mentioning Mayweather.

While thats true it was Todd that made the fight between Vanes and Lara

Also to the OP, while its kinda bull that Top Rank constantly gives rematches, this is actually a rematch that needed to happen.

This post has been edited by mgrover: Feb 20 2014, 05:12 AM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 20 2014, 09:34 AM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Feb 19 2014, 06:55 PM) *

Agreed, he's a good guy and he's very different from Arum in many ways.

The day he takes over the dark clouds will be gone and the sunshine will come in. Every fighter whose come through TR has said great things about Todd, can't say the same about Arum

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 20 2014, 09:52 AM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Arum is just being Arum. This is typical behavior from him, he thought he'd get Guerrero I assume and now that that doesn't appear likely he's talking about Amir leaving GB in favor of a new promoter. I wonder which promoter he's referring to lol. He knows his stable is shit and it seems as if he's going with a snatch and grab approach to build up their stable in the 140 and up weight classes.

What they should've asked him after eh said that stupid stuff was how can you talk of another fighter switching promoters when Karim Mayfield just came out and voiced his displeasure with you as a promoter. And Rigondeaux is without a fight and his team is not pleased with you....should they tell you to piss off and switch promoters? That would've shut him right the eff up

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 20 2014, 10:07 AM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Glad Schaefer responded....he had some darts in there, I agree with a lot of what he said. Sent some nice ether Timothy Bradley's way too

http://www.boxingscene.com/schaefer-rips-a...-bradley--74833

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 20 2014, 11:13 AM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 20 2014, 10:07 AM) *
Glad Schaefer responded....he had some darts in there, I agree with a lot of what he said. Sent some nice ether Timothy Bradley's way too

http://www.boxingscene.com/schaefer-rips-a...-bradley--74833

Gotta love Schaefer, dude holds no punches!

I remember his rant about the whole Cotto/Canelo and Cotto/Martinez, and how Bob made comments about Canelo no longer being under contract with GBP. The line that I remember most was about Lewkowicz..."Martinez had this guy with the gold chain and the gold tooth, Sampson, he's telling everyone how great promoter Arum is".

http://www.boxingscene.com/schaefer-on-can...abs-arum--70721

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post Feb 20 2014, 12:24 PM
Post #10

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,114

Schaefer responded quicker and sharper than I actually thought he would... letting the world know about Timmy's 10M rematch clause only to get 6M is classic

END OF THREAD (he shut it down)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 06:58 AM