IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Olympic Style Drug Tests Have An Impact., The fighters who've taken them have been exposed.
HazConvictedFelo...
post Sep 21 2011, 11:17 AM
Post #1

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,413

Olympic Style Drug tests have been used in 2 fights thus far. Sugar Shane Mosley dismantled Antonio Margarito. Could he have been juicing at that time? When he fought Floyd Mayweather, we saw a totally different version of Shane Mosley. We saw him fire off in the beginning, only to fade after round 3. It could be because of his age, the long layoff, the over training, or the technical brilliance of Floyd Mayweather (which most will not even acknowledge) but it could be the absence of the sauce. Victor Ortiz was decked by a right hand in round 6 of his fight with Berto, but he managed to beat the count. Berto's right hand looked like it was a much harder shot than the one that KO'd him this past weekend. Could the Olympic tests have something to do with that as well? I'm just wondering if anyone other than myself, has noticed. I truly believe that Olympic Style Testing gets implemented in boxing, then we will see what these fighters are really made of. If anyone out there thinks that the current testing protocol is good enough, then consider this....The NFL is going to implement HGH testing. Football players are at risk for serious injury on a normal day. It's crazy to risk serious injury at the hands of someone that's cheating. Boxing is no different. I believe that if boxing would've had OSDT, Manny Pacquiao would've never made P4P #1. That's just my opinion. What's yours?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Sep 21 2011, 11:20 AM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,369

QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Sep 21 2011, 04:17 PM) *
, or the technical brilliance of Floyd Mayweather (which most will not even acknowledge)

Name two people on this site who have refused to acknowledge Mayweathers in ring ability

+Quote Post
CrazyBuffalO
post Sep 21 2011, 11:21 AM
Post #3

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,128

These people love Pacquiao so much they’re clueless as to who he is in reality. I live here, and I know what the real Pacquiao is.

Floyd was right to demand that Pacquiao take the TEST. The people here know something too but choose to remain tightlipped so as not to damage the image of their national sports icon (which in turn would damage the image of all Filipinos). But believe me, they know something too. There’s something going on.

As Floyd stated in an interview, “someone don’t just get to 25 yrs of age and suddenly become great.” I completely agree. For someone to become great there has to be a “build up” process. Like in a movie there should be a “back story” to everything.
But with Pacquiao he doesn’t have that. Yesterday he wasn’t great and then all of a sudden he’s great. So it’s really shocking. Come November against Marquez it’s time for that “injection” of his again!!

+Quote Post
TheFonz
post Sep 21 2011, 11:29 AM
Post #4

Team BU fun boy that gets passed around...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,999

Haggler wasn't recognized as great until later on in his career

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Sep 21 2011, 11:39 AM
Post #5

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

What age will we consider BHops prime to be when he finally retires?

+Quote Post
pimpfighterROQ
post Sep 21 2011, 12:04 PM
Post #6

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,368

QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Sep 21 2011, 12:21 PM) *
These people love Pacquiao so much they’re clueless as to who he is in reality. I live here, and I know what the real Pacquiao is.

Floyd was right to demand that Pacquiao take the TEST. The people here know something too but choose to remain tightlipped so as not to damage the image of their national sports icon (which in turn would damage the image of all Filipinos). But believe me, they know something too. There’s something going on.

As Floyd stated in an interview, “someone don’t just get to 25 yrs of age and suddenly become great.” I completely agree. For someone to become great there has to be a “build up” process. Like in a movie there should be a “back story” to everything.
But with Pacquiao he doesn’t have that. Yesterday he wasn’t great and then all of a sudden he’s great. So it’s really shocking. Come November against Marquez it’s time for that “injection” of his again!!

Your filipino? Hating on another one? Maan that's dirty dirty. First of all if Pacquiao has been taking steroids, he would've been found out LOONG AGO. No fucking way they would let this little man climb up to the Pound 4 Pound charts with juice on his body. Plus he's Filipino, i doubt they'd cover for him that long if they were actually juicing. Massive media are always around Pacquiao wherever he goes, you'd think someone would blackmail him and discredit him by now..

Plus I thought Pacquiao is too one dimensional? gets hit way too easy? Floyd beats him hands down? Fights in catchweights?? Like Floyd says "Which one is it?". Are you all so amazed that he has to have been taking steroids? Or is he not that good because of all his skills and catchweights?

Wake up, give the guy his credit. If your really a boxing fan and do your research. Most of Pacquiao's fights are fought at 140-145. He rehydrates to that weight. He's just gifted thats all...so is Mayweather. So enjoy these 2 great athletes till they last. Give them their credit

Btw, Philippines have the greatest steroid, enhancing drugs if they can turn a 106 boxer to a full fledged 147 welterweight southpaw that bulldozes everyone he fights..

Oh wait, he fights them at catchweights...and he makes too many mistakes...and he's easy work...

+Quote Post
PColeman28
post Sep 21 2011, 12:06 PM
Post #7

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,639

I don't think it's the drug testing....in both fights the drug testing is a common factor, but so is Mayweather and i think it's just that simple mayweather is ridiculous in the ring....Victor looked good to me physically, he looked strong, fast, balance and confident for the first couple of rounds...if testing was the issue he would have came out sluggish, but to me he didn't...in the 3rd round i think reality set in, and about the 4th round for mosely the only difference is shane has too much pride to lose by knock out he rather stick it out 12 rounds than have a KO loss on his record, ortiz just didn't give a damn he wanted out.... i think bhop is past his prime physically but he's very very well in his prime mentally/ring experience.....he just knows how to use what he has to the best of his abilities to give him the best chance to win......he's a fighter, and fighting doesn't change, as you get older you have to adjust certain things about your style, as long as you make the proper adjustments you'll be alright and bhop has done this better than any fighter has before...IMO

This post has been edited by PColeman28: Sep 21 2011, 12:55 PM

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Sep 21 2011, 12:08 PM
Post #8

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Member No.: 1,443

Not so long ago a heavyweight boxers peak age was generally regarded to be around the age of 28 and the lower weight classes usually hit their peak slightly earlier....of course this wasn't a 100% concrete fact but by and large it was a pretty reasonable guide. Today fighters either reach their peak a couple of years later or maintain their peak for slightly longer. Probably due to taking lesser fights and fighting fewer rounds.

I mean, when Ali beat Foreman he was 32 and it was deemed as some kinda miracle that a man so old could regain the heavyweight title at such an advanced age. Nowadays 32 ain't shit.

This new breed of "one fighter fans" are a sickening disease on the sport as a whole. They spout the most amazingly ridiculous bias in favour of their hero with one prime agenda, to knock down his perceived biggest challenger. It makes it easier for them to accept that their man God won't face his biggest adversary but if you mention anything negative about Floyd you are either racist or a Pac nuthugger.

+Quote Post
PColeman28
post Sep 21 2011, 12:51 PM
Post #9

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,639

even if someone gives floyd too much props they're a gayweather fan, same with pac...but i agree, people have pulled to both fighters as their "hero" so pacquiao can do no wrong and floyd can do no wrong depending on the type of fan you are....but fans are like that...in football they're called bandwagon fans they cheer for whoever won the super bowl the year before lol and jump favorite teams every year...those fans have merged into boxing, the only thing is neither have loss and both are on top of the division so the common fan will pick a side....that's just how it is for any sport

This post has been edited by PColeman28: Sep 21 2011, 12:52 PM

+Quote Post
KookedKrack
post Sep 21 2011, 12:53 PM
Post #10

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 5,468

I will say this more people are on the juice than you think.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st August 2014 - 06:51 AM