IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT): Berto vs. Guerrero-SPOILERS, No Duplicate Threads, Public Streams, or Discussion of Hatton Comeback
flazi
post Nov 26 2012, 06:39 PM
Post #91

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,846

we all knew berto is chiny in the first few rounds and like we all thought, he was caught and stunned and put down. he fought back though with the heart of a lion and guerrero lived up to his last name. Still i wasn't liking the dirty tactics by guerrero and the ref flat out sucked. holding and hitting, leading with his head, low blows, hitting after the bell, etc. but like hopkins says "it ain't a tickling contest" lol. btw wtf was berto thinking with that awful copy of the mayweather defense?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 26 2012, 06:52 PM
Post #92

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (flazi @ Nov 26 2012, 06:39 PM) *
we all knew berto is chiny in the first few rounds and like we all thought, he was caught and stunned and put down. he fought back though with the heart of a lion and guerrero lived up to his last name. Still i wasn't liking the dirty tactics by guerrero and the ref flat out sucked. holding and hitting, leading with his head, low blows, hitting after the bell, etc. but like hopkins says "it ain't a tickling contest" lol. btw wtf was berto thinking with that awful copy of the mayweather defense?

Yea Bertos flapping chicken wing defense was rather peculiar lol.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 26 2012, 07:33 PM
Post #93

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 26 2012, 04:09 PM) *
Same for me. This isn't the first time I've seen guerrero fight this way, he is a cheat.

if my memory serves me correctly...he's been dq'ed for fighting dirty in the past. he's a very skilled guy who shouldn't have to resort to that bullshit. says something about his character imo.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 26 2012, 07:41 PM
Post #94

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 26 2012, 07:20 PM) *
Terrific post! I too wont go as far as saying Berto lost because of the ref. Thats not fair to Guerrero. Who knows how he would have adjusted. That being said, Berto was fighting two people in there. He should have handled Guerrero head butting and all the hitting and holding better. A lot of that blame has to go to Bertos trainer. Berto is in the heat of battle, just regaining his composure after the knockdown, fighting Guerreros tactics and the ref, and barely able to see out of both eyes. Thats when you need your cornerman to be an extra set of eyes. I felt like his trainer dropped the ball yet again. For starters, I think Berto should have added a combination to that uppercut that landed all night. Maybe even double up with the uppercut. Also, Guerrero had a decent jab, but it was slow and he left it out there at times. Bert has fast hands. His trainer should have been telling Berto to be first with his own jab. There were so many things to be taken advantage of in that fight that Bertos trainer seemingly missed. But ultimately, the ref ruined that one for me.

Floyd Sr is great but I think, given Bertos personality, he needs a guy like Virgil Hunter or even Jeff Mayweather. Guys who are low key and will make him focus 100% on getting better as a fighter. With Sr, you have to already be disciplined. He isnt gonna teach you how to be professional. If you dont take yourself serious enoug with him, you just end like Hatton.

his corner is a fiasco. why he keeps allowing his brother and pops in there yelling and disrupting is beyond me. i agree...he should have put something behind that uppercut and hook because it was landing big time. i also believe he should have known how to deal with guerrero leading with the head. it's obvious that lesson wasn't learned from the ortiz fight. very simple solutions....sweep the head or pull down on it. if the ref isn't going to call it...u have to make the adjustment to keep from getting butted.

as for coaches that can teach him something...there are plenty. aside from the obvious ones...i'd go with barry hunter. i think he can add a lot to berto's arsenal.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 26 2012, 08:48 PM
Post #95

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 26 2012, 07:33 PM) *
if my memory serves me correctly...he's been dq'ed for fighting dirty in the past. he's a very skilled guy who shouldn't have to resort to that bullshit. says something about his character imo.

Exactly my sentiment! He didnt need that shit to win. And then pouring on all that Christian bs after the stuff he pulled just rubbed me the wrong way

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 26 2012, 09:25 PM
Post #96

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 26 2012, 09:48 PM) *
Exactly my sentiment! He didnt need that shit to win. And then pouring on all that Christian bs after the stuff he pulled just rubbed me the wrong way

"i'd like to thank my savior and lord jeebus cripes....yeah, i told him i wanted to give him a beating all nite...i wanted to punish him." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

this dude.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 26 2012, 09:46 PM
Post #97

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 26 2012, 08:48 PM) *

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 26 2012, 09:25 PM) *
"i'd like to thank my savior and lord jeebus cripes....yeah, i told him i wanted to give him a beating all nite...i wanted to punish him." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

That was the wackest shit he could've done after being a complete jerkoff in that interview.

QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 26 2012, 06:52 PM) *
Yea Bertos flapping chicken wing defense was rather peculiar lol.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Seems like Berto trained for a good 8 weeks, then watched Broner/DeMarco and decided..."bump that, let me try this shoulder roll shit". It was an atrociously confident effort on Berto's part, I just wanted to hide under a rock when I saw him using it. It was uglier than Alvarado's version of it.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 26 2012, 10:23 PM
Post #98

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 26 2012, 09:25 PM) *

Hahaha

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 27 2012, 09:26 AM
Post #99

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 26 2012, 09:46 PM) *
Seems like Berto trained for a good 8 weeks, then watched Broner/DeMarco and decided..."bump that, let me try this shoulder roll shit". It was an atrociously confident effort on Berto's part, I just wanted to hide under a rock when I saw him using it. It was uglier than Alvarado's version of it.

When he started that shit, I immediately thought of Alvarado. I was like, why pick your big HBO fight to try some new shit? I think Alvarado's was worst though. He was literally rolling INTO punches lmao.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 27 2012, 11:46 AM
Post #100

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 27 2012, 09:26 AM) *
When he started that shit, I immediately thought of Alvarado. I was like, why pick your big HBO fight to try some new shit? I think Alvarado's was worst though. He was literally rolling INTO punches lmao.

Exactly, why wait til then? I think Alvarado's roll a bit better and I disagree with him rolling into punches...his big ass head just couldn't be missed. That shit reminds me of one of those heads on those lego action figures...the pirate comes to mind first. Lol

(IMG:http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii193/averagejoe417/PIRATELEGO.jpg) (IMG:http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u75/hbc1848/Mike20Alvarado_Farina_11.jpg)

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 01:12 PM