IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Skilled Boxing Verses "Running", How Do The Fighers Influence The Perception of These Terms?
emd01
post Apr 15 2013, 12:30 PM
Post #11

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,811

I love watching brawlers. How could you not? My favorite fighters are the technicians though. Half of the people complaining about running are usually the people who are fans of the fighter that lost. I know i'd much rather look like Rigo did after a fight compared to the way Donaire looked lol.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 15 2013, 12:41 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

If mayweather rigo and b hop run I need to re evaluate what I do at the track. I'm astonished when
"Experts" call that running but didn't call out Leonard against duran, or khan against lamont maidana or Garcia.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 15 2013, 01:02 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

last i checked....this is a BOXING FORUM. mma has absolutely nothing to do with boxing. the mma fans i know don't even know of rigondeaux or donaire.

i won't bring up basketball when discussing football....or baseball when discussing boxing. same goes with mma and boxing.

bottom line in it all....people don't know shit about boxing. it's that simple. the minute i hear someone use the term "running" to describe what's going on i usually zone out and start thinking about other stuff.....'did i lock the door when i left?...i need to do laundry....i wonder what liz is up to?...i should give her a call.' same thing happens when i hear someone say "he's a great striker" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
dre98
post Apr 15 2013, 07:32 PM
Post #14

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,589

QUOTE (bMaK @ Apr 14 2013, 09:20 PM) *
That was a clinic and I was into every second of it.

Andre Ward been doin his thing for a minute but I haven't seen a performance that impressive since a Floyd fight. Rigondeaux looks like he's of that ilk.

(Admin Note: Edited to remove racist language)

Thats real talk....did anybody catch wind of andre wards comments of rigo vs donaire? This guy i'm losing respect for saying that fight was close

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 15 2013, 07:39 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (dre98 @ Apr 15 2013, 07:32 PM) *
Thats real talk....did anybody catch wind of andre wards comments of rigo vs donaire? This guy i'm losing respect for saying that fight was close

he gets a pass. nonito is his boy...it's expected. he knows nonito is going to read his comments so he's going to be nice.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 15 2013, 08:06 PM
Post #16

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Mayweather, Rigo, Hopkins= Ring Generalship

Corey Spinks, Mike Dallas Jr= Running

My buddy, who is Filipino that's cool with many Filipino fighters and is a boxing trainer himself, called me immediately after the fight and said "I love Nonito because he's a Filipino fighter but Rigo absolutely gave this dude a boxing lesson. He did it exactly how you're supposed to do it."

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 17 2013, 03:04 AM
Post #17

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 15 2013, 01:02 PM) *
...the minute i hear someone use the term "running" to describe what's going on i usually zone out and start thinking about other stuff.....'did i lock the door when i left?...i need to do laundry....i wonder what liz is up to?...i should give her a call.' same thing happens when i hear someone say "he's a great striker" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

LOL! Funny stuff!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 02:48 AM