IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Floyd getting worked in sparring??, Does this mean anything?
daprofessor
post Apr 24 2013, 02:21 PM
Post #81

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 24 2013, 12:31 PM) *
Paulie M had a black eye in sparring when he gave an interview about him shitting on Keith Thurman at his interview. He was sporting a clear black eye. Where is the backlash on Paulie having a black eye? You get hit in sparring, you get dunked on in practice and INT in practice, you are wrinkling out the kinks. And just because you have a great sparring session (see victor ortiz). he had great sparring but look at his actual fights. By the way if Guerrero sported a black eye I would still say the same thing. He is working hard and he is really taking chances. People need to calm it down.

no one expects paulie to win....and he's gotten his ass beat more than a few times so it's no big deal.

u mention victor ortiz. i remember watching him spar katsidis and putting it on him good. that was a week and a half prior to katsidis fight with casamayor. based on that sparring session...and the beating katsidis took....i picked casamayor by ko. everyone told me i was crazy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Apr 24 2013, 02:37 PM
Post #82

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 24 2013, 12:03 PM) *
Btw where did you hear this stuff about pryor? I heard the opposite, that srl dropped him a lot even tho their sessions were very intense. But I did hear pryor kod Leonard bad in one session. I love those sparring stories from back in the day. Theirs great footage of chavez getting worked by Mosley and another vid of chavez toying with dlh

I heard it in a video interview/media interview before one of SRL's fights, he (Ray) said that he would never fight AP himself and it was no secret that they sparred regularly. I have The Hawk as one of my friend's on my yahoo account and his wife (Frankie) and I chat regularly with one another, she told me that Ray and Aaron are great friends and have a mutual respect that they've always shared but Leonard never wanted a fight with him.

Here's a transcript from one of our conversations:

Hi Brian,

Thanks so much for the photos. This is Frankie Pryor, Aaron Pryor’s wife. While Aaron may have had some of the best hands in boxing, they sure aren’t worth much on a keyboard. Therefore, he never gets on the computer himself and I get to play secretary!

Nice photo of you and Tito. We just love him. What a great champion and a truly nice man. We’ve met him at the Boxing Hall of Fame a couple of times and always enjoy seeing him. By the way, one of my favorite current fighters is Miguel Cotto. I am very impressed with his skills. Brian it’s good to know that you are a BIG Aaron Pryor fan. In fact, I think that you are such a big Aaron Pryor fan that you forgot to read the photo contest instructions closely or maybe we didn’t make ourselves clear! J You can visit our website at www.hawktime.com and look at the bottom of the home page for more info. Basically what we need is Aaron ‘The Hawk’ Pryor in the photo in any way, shape or form. You can stand next to a poster of him, hold up a magazine or photo of the Hawk or just get creative. If you notice the little girl on our website closely, you will see that she is wearing a Hawk Time hat. We’re looking for something like that. You’ve got plenty of time to come up with something creative as we’re going to run the contest until the end of July.

Brian, thanks so much for your kind words. Aaron and I have been together 16 years and one of the greatest benefits of being married to a living legend is all the amazing fans I have met over the years. It’s my opinion that boxing fans just don’t realize how much the champs enjoy their fans. In the 16 years Aaron and I have been together, I have met just about every famous fighter and a lot of them are our good friends. I think that boxing fans would be very surprised to know that the fighters sit around talking about their fans sometimes! They have their favorites too just like the fans have their favorite fighters!!!!!

Take care and we look forward to seeing a new photo from you! Aaron said to tell you, “Hey Brian, what time is it?”

Frankie Pryor for Aaron ‘The Hawk’ Pryor

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 24 2013, 04:21 PM
Post #83

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 24 2013, 11:21 AM) *
no one expects paulie to win....and he's gotten his ass beat more than a few times so it's no big deal.

u mention victor ortiz. i remember watching him spar katsidis and putting it on him good. that was a week and a half prior to katsidis fight with casamayor. based on that sparring session...and the beating katsidis took....i picked casamayor by ko. everyone told me i was crazy.

Victor looks great in practice but when it counts he shrinks. Like AI famously said "Practice! Practice! We are talking about practice! C'mon on man! Practice!" best quote ever!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 24 2013, 04:45 PM
Post #84

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 24 2013, 05:21 PM) *
Victor looks great in practice but when it counts he shrinks. Like AI famously said "Practice! Practice! We are talking about practice! C'mon on man! Practice!" best quote ever!

AI is broke! i just read he's bankrupt. sad.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 24 2013, 04:50 PM
Post #85

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 24 2013, 02:45 PM) *
AI is broke! i just read he's bankrupt. sad.

Derrick Rose be warned! Bulls pulled out a great win over Brooklyn.

AI gained my respect when he was at Georgetown and especially when he broke Jordan's ankles. I have a poster of that amazing moment in sports history. Jordan's bitch ass pointed to the ground saying the shit was wet. Negro please!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 24 2013, 05:54 PM
Post #86

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 24 2013, 05:50 PM) *

AI gained my respect when he was at Georgetown and especially when he broke Jordan's ankles. I have a poster of that amazing moment in sports history. Jordan's bitch ass pointed to the ground saying the shit was wet. Negro please!

sadly...he'll have to hold on to that one moment because he didn't accomplish half of what jordan did in his amazing career.

i remember i was in virginia when he was in jail for inciting a riot...throwing a chair in some bowling alley or some shit. i was going to the mall with a friend and some ppl stopped us at the front door..."hey brother...we're boycotting the malls until they free allen iverson!" my boy was like..."who the hell is allen iverson?" we walked into the mall and quickly noticed we were the only ppl of color there. needless to say...it didn't stop us from strolling through in search of some hunnies. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i missed the 2nd game. the first one was hard to watch. brooklyn looks like a solid team.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 24 2013, 06:16 PM
Post #87

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 24 2013, 02:54 PM) *
sadly...he'll have to hold on to that one moment because he didn't accomplish half of what jordan did in his amazing career.

i remember i was in virginia when he was in jail for inciting a riot...throwing a chair in some bowling alley or some shit. i was going to the mall with a friend and some ppl stopped us at the front door..."hey brother...we're boycotting the malls until they free allen iverson!" my boy was like..."who the hell is allen iverson?" we walked into the mall and quickly noticed we were the only ppl of color there. needless to say...it didn't stop us from strolling through in search of some hunnies. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i missed the 2nd game. the first one was hard to watch. brooklyn looks like a solid team.

Sadly AI didn't even throw the damn chair, it was on ESPN's 30 for 30 films. He was actually trying to leave the bowling alley when some white kids said something and shit just popped off. Jordan had a great career but i think AI had demons that he could never figure out nevertheless he bought the street game to the NBA which sacred the hell out of David Stern. Everyone as getting tats and had the hair in corn rolls. It was really interesting to see. The league was a lot tougher than, you could actually play difference rather than brushing against someone and it was a flagrant foul. Honestly my favorite thing about the 90s NBA was when Rodman kicked Shaq in the nuts during the playoffs. They only suspended him for a game or two and Shaq was done after that incident. Oh well.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 24 2013, 08:51 PM
Post #88

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 24 2013, 04:50 PM) *

Don't you EVER compare Derrick to Iverson, EVER!!!

He may be a sucka for love ass negro but he's a way better individual then Iverson

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 24 2013, 08:53 PM
Post #89

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 24 2013, 05:54 PM) *

I'm starting to think you had are Samuel L Jackson in Django (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Apr 24 2013, 09:44 PM
Post #90

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 24 2013, 12:03 PM) *
Btw where did you hear this stuff about pryor? I heard the opposite, that srl dropped him a lot even tho their sessions were very intense. But I did hear pryor kod Leonard bad in one session. I love those sparring stories from back in the day. Theirs great footage of chavez getting worked by Mosley and another vid of chavez toying with dlh

pryor vs srl would have been a great fight

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 08:34 AM