Reply to this topicStart new topic
> bare knuckle boxing in U.K?, ???
JLUVBABY
post Dec 28 2009, 11:15 AM
Post #1

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,447

I found this video of bert cooper vs joe savage on youtube messin around and was takin back... joe savage is listed as uk's bare knuckle champion???... I didnt know their was still bare knuckle fighting going on in the world... can any of the U.K homies clarify for me... Is there a bare knuckles circuit over there?.. anyway im posting a link to the fight... poor quality... on a side note when they had that low budget heavyweight tournament in biloxi in the early 90's i happened to order it... seems i remember them talking bout joe savage being in the tournament but he puled out and he was listed as a bareknuckle champion... i thought it was all just to promote the show...

This post has been edited by JLUVBABY: Dec 28 2009, 11:17 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RollsRoyce
post Dec 28 2009, 01:19 PM
Post #2

Amateur

Member No.: 10,674

That was Joe Savage's only pro fight. I have no idea about his bare knuckle background tho. according to boxrec he is now a body guard for current bare knuckle fighters, so it must still be around. Learn something new everyday. The extent of my knowledge concerning bare knuckle fighters is paddy monaghan.

+Quote Post
RollsRoyce
post Dec 28 2009, 01:19 PM
Post #3

Amateur

Member No.: 10,674

That was Joe Savage's only pro fight. I have no idea about his bare knuckle background tho. according to boxrec he is now a body guard for current bare knuckle fighters, so it must still be around. Learn something new everyday. The extent of my knowledge concerning bare knuckle fighters is paddy monaghan.

+Quote Post
KookedKrack
post Dec 28 2009, 02:00 PM
Post #4

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 5,468

Bare Knuckle boxing?

fuck that is next level badass right there

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Dec 28 2009, 02:48 PM
Post #5

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

Bare knuckle and unlicensed boxing is pretty big in certain parts of England. I've only been to a couple of proper organized bare knuckle fights and it can get really nasty. Never been to an "All In" and don't fancy it myself because it basically means nothing is off limits. These animals bite, eye gouge and basically do anything to win....without weapons.

Unlicensed boxing is a bloody good crack though.

About a mile up the road from where I live they have unlicensed boxing pretty much every weekend. You get a lot of Poles down there and the fights are on a bridge over a narrow stream. Everything is kept as fair as possible and all you have to do is go down, sort a fight, glove up and your away. It ain't big time, with the large wagers round my way, but you can win a few quid if you're up for the fight.

I'd imagine it goes on all over the world to be honest.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Dec 28 2009, 03:04 PM
Post #6

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (Maxy @ Dec 28 2009, 01:48 PM) *
Bare knuckle and unlicensed boxing is pretty big in certain parts of England. I've only been to a couple of proper organized bare knuckle fights and it can get really nasty. Never been to an "All In" and don't fancy it myself because it basically means nothing is off limits. These animals bite, eye gouge and basically do anything to win....without weapons.

Unlicensed boxing is a bloody good crack though.

About a mile up the road from where I live they have unlicensed boxing pretty much every weekend. You get a lot of Poles down there and the fights are on a bridge over a narrow stream. Everything is kept as fair as possible and all you have to do is go down, sort a fight, glove up and your away. It ain't big time, with the large wagers round my way, but you can win a few quid if you're up for the fight.

I'd imagine it goes on all over the world to be honest.

thanks for the reply max... i suppose this is similiar to what kimbo was into... i made the thread cuzz from what i read im lead to believe that the bare knuckle fights are sanctioned...

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Dec 28 2009, 05:26 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,301

Yeah, there are bare-knuckle fights by me.

It's only country bumpkins who do it near me, but they're still flippin mad to do it.

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Dec 29 2009, 07:34 AM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,369

Its only really done among gypsies up my way. No one will ever appreciate how awesome Brad Pitts performance in Snatch is until they meet a proper pikey. He fuckin nailed it.

+Quote Post
karlsmith
post Jan 18 2010, 09:25 AM
Post #9

Amateur

Member No.: 10,740

Hi guys ! I think you guys know lot about bare knuckles fightings.

Thanks for the Youtube videos, I watched them all ...

This post has been edited by karlsmith: Jan 18 2010, 09:25 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 07:45 AM