IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dana White calling Mayweather a racist for Pacquiao & Jeremy Lin comments, Ellerbe Responds (Topics Merged)
Gambit808
post Feb 23 2012, 10:30 AM
Post #11

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

In response to a recent video posted of UFC President Dana White Accusing WBC Welterweight Champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. of being a racist & a "dummy" for his comments towards NBA's New York Knick Jeremy Lin & WBO Welterweight Champion Manny Pacquiao, Leonard Ellerbe on behalf of the MONEY TEAM had this to say while speaking to yahoo sports:

“He (Dana White) needs to shut the [expletive] up and mind his own business, stay in his own lane and keep on taking advantage of the UFC fighters, while underpaying them. If he keeps on running his mouth, we may decide to give a free seminar to all of the UFC fighters on how the pay-per-view revenue should be distributed. This is typical Dana, who is always prone to ignorant outbursts. He should be the last person to try to judge someone else.”

I agree that UFC fighters are very much under paid when it comes to there shares involving PPV revenue, and though it's not fair to the fighters as a fan i tend to think all in all weather it involves any sport in general, that when an athlete starts to get the money they work hard for it some what zaps them of there hunger they had before the money started rolling in. Now i may be wrong and some what selfish for saying that because these guys do bust there ass day in and day out to earn that kind of money but at the same time it's been proven in many cases that when a athlete becomes or gets paid that superstar money in some cases i feel like it takes away that hunger and drive that they once had where as in UFC's case some guys already know that they're getting under paid but it doesent stop them from doing what they do because in a scence they're doing it for something money can't buy and that's Honor & Respect...

But maybe I'm wrong, but all in all i'm just keepin it funky from my view as a fan so let me know what ya'll think.

Do You think More Money is good or bad for an athletes drive or motivation for the sport?

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Feb 23 2012, 10:43 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 23 2012, 11:04 AM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

First maybe the PPV numbers for UFC just aren't as big as boxing?

But yes money is a big problem, history has shown us the more people get the greedier they get, look at the Mayweather Pacman fiasco, both fighters want more money, than offered, and what pacman could of made $40million and what Mayweather could probably make in a 50/50 split (no idea what it might be so am guessing) 50million, is a fucking lot of money, and both still want more? I think am well within my rights to call them greedy fuckers. Some fighters still fight for respect like JMM, he took a laughable purse in the JMM v Pacman 3, because it was never about money for him, same with Shane Mosley, supposedly pacman got guaranteed 25million and what did Shane get? I think it was in the range of $10 million.

I respect UFC fighters because for them its not about the money, since they don't really make much money do they, compared to Boxings fighters, but when more and more casual fans go to them, and things like independent promoters happen and random shitty titles happen and the once Innocent UFC will be corrupted by the same men that ruined boxing.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 23 2012, 11:08 AM
Post #13

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Feb 23 2012, 10:30 AM) *
In response to a recent video posted of UFC President Dana White Accusing WBC Welterweight Champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. of being a racist & a "dummy" for his comments towards NBA's New York Knick Jeremy Lin & WBO Welterweight Champion Manny Pacquiao, Leonard Ellerbe on behalf of the MONEY TEAM had this to say while speaking to yahoo sports:

“He (Dana White) needs to shut the [expletive] up and mind his own business, stay in his own lane and keep on taking advantage of the UFC fighters, while underpaying them. If he keeps on running his mouth, we may decide to give a free seminar to all of the UFC fighters on how the pay-per-view revenue should be distributed. This is typical Dana, who is always prone to ignorant outbursts. He should be the last person to try to judge someone else.”

I agree that UFC fighters are very much under paid when it comes to there shares involving PPV revenue, and though it's not fair to the fighters as a fan i tend to think all in all weather it involves any sport in general, that when an athlete starts to get the money they work hard for it some what zaps them of there hunger they had before the money started rolling in. Now i may be wrong and some what selfish for saying that because these guys do bust there ass day in and day out to earn that kind of money but at the same time it's been proven in many cases that when a athlete becomes or gets paid that superstar money in some cases i feel like it takes away that hunger and drive that they once had where as in UFC's case some guys already know that they're getting under paid but it doesent stop them from doing what they do because in a scence they're doing it for something money can't buy and that's Honor & Respect...

But maybe I'm wrong, but all in all i'm just keepin it funky from my view as a fan so let me know what ya'll think.

Do You think More Money is good or bad for an athletes drive or motivation for the sport?

Maybe. But it's no different from the guy who bussed his ass as the low man on the totem pole, then becomes CEO and ism ore relaxed. They've earned the right to not be hungry. It's on the character of the individual as to whether they continue to fight hard. Dana White shouldnt have the power to rid them of that option. If they dont perform up to the level theyre being paid,THEN stop paying them. To never pay them accordingly however is dirty business.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 23 2012, 11:09 AM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Both sides have dipped into business that doesn't pertain to their area of expertise (Mayweather commenting on basketball, and White commenting on Mayweather and the megafight), so it goes both ways.

As it was brought up on the radio show last night, the next UFC event will be in Japan, and it's obvious that Dana White is trying to sell tickets. Hence why he brought up the "sushi" comments made by Floyd and how sushi came from Japan, blah, blah, blah.

Suddenly, White has become pro-Japan and is attempting to publicly "shutting up" the bad guy (Mayweather), but he's really doing it for himself. Those sushi comments were made in the Pacquiao rant years ago, but the way Dana brought it up, one would think that Floyd reiterated it recently.

Sounds like Dana read and ran with that bum-ass, put-together, article about Mayweather talking about Jeremy Lin and copied and pasted words from the Pacquiao rant. For God's sake, White is still out of the loop about the megafight, which again, leads me to believe he read that recent article and ran with it.

As far as Ellerbe, there's not much to be said in response to White's mindless rants (as he's used to doing), but that doesn't mean he cant say anything back. All of this stuff only helps build the Cotto fight and the upcoming UFC event.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Feb 23 2012, 11:20 AM
Post #15

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 23 2012, 11:04 AM) *
First maybe the PPV numbers for UFC just aren't as big as boxing?

But yes money is a big problem, history has shown us the more people get the greedier they get, look at the Mayweather Pacman fiasco, both fighters want more money, than offered, and what pacman could of made $40million and what Mayweather could probably make in a 50/50 split (no idea what it might be so am guessing) 50million, is a fucking lot of money, and both still want more? I think am well within my rights to call them greedy fuckers. Some fighters still fight for respect like JMM, he took a laughable purse in the JMM v Pacman 3, because it was never about money for him, same with Shane Mosley, supposedly pacman got guaranteed 25million and what did Shane get? I think it was in the range of $10 million.

I respect UFC fighters because for them its not about the money, since they don't really make much money do they, compared to Boxings fighters, but when more and more casual fans go to them, and things like independent promoters happen and random shitty titles happen and the once Innocent UFC will be corrupted by the same men that ruined boxing.

I agree with your point, a little skeptical with what you said regarding Shane because i believe the fight you mentioned was more about money than anything else because he's been on the down side lately but i still agree.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 23 2012, 11:28 AM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

I think am well within my rights to call them greedy fuckers.

This statement has some truth to it. The difference is, one of them isn't able to scratch his ass without his promoter's permission and also tries to lead the people to "believe" that he fights for the people and not money. The other fighter makes it well-known that he fights for money.

Some fighters still fight for respect like JMM, he took a laughable purse in the JMM v Pacman 3, because it was never about money for him

I agree about the respect part, but let's be honest, none of these guys will fight for less than they feel they're worth, or for less than they made in their previous fight...unless they have something up their sleeve.

JMM was guaranteed $5M in the rubber match, and of course the PPV money rolled in afterwards. $5M+ will make anybody look like a king if he lives in Mexico, so Im sure the money didn't matter in that sense, but Im sure JMM wouldn't have fought Pac for, let's say, $1.5M, or anything under $3M.

same with Shane Mosley, supposedly pacman got guaranteed 25million and what did Shane get? I think it was in the range of $10 million.

Shiiiiit! Shane Mosley whored for that Mayweather and Pacquiao fight...nearly sold his soul to the devil for those fights. In that sense, I disagree. He was guaranteed $5M for the Pacquiao fight, and I believe he made close to $10M (if not more) for the Mayweather fight.

Shane made Mayweather look like the Pope, when he validated his statement about him trying to get the big money fights, since he's at the end of his career. He made it even more evident when he validated the statement about his last great performance being against Margarito, and he's stunk it up since then.

So yes, Shane fought for respect, BACK IN THE DAY, but he used that as a promotional tool to make us believe he still had it in him for these fights. The fact that he's never been stopped, and can still throw a few bombs in a fight, has led me to believe he can beat Canelo.

As far as these MMA fighters, Im sure SOMEBODY is fighting for that poster boy position in the sport, it's just natural. The top fighter always gets paid the most, and Im sure these guys aren't fighting for free. The fact that most of them have families, is a clear indicator that they wont continue to risk their health for small money.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Feb 23 2012, 11:49 AM
Post #17

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 23 2012, 11:28 AM) *
This statement has some truth to it. The difference is, one of them isn't able to scratch his ass without his promoter's permission and also tries to lead the people to "believe" that he fights for the people and not money. The other fighter makes it well-known that he fights for money.

I agree about the respect part, but let's be honest, none of these guys will fight for less than they feel they're worth, or for less than they made in their previous fight...unless they have something up their sleeve.

JMM was guaranteed $5M in the rubber match, and of course the PPV money rolled in afterwards. $5M+ will make anybody look like a king if he lives in Mexico, so Im sure the money didn't matter in that sense, but Im sure JMM wouldn't have fought Pac for, let's say, $1.5M, or anything under $3M.

Shiiiiit! Shane Mosley whored for that Mayweather and Pacquiao fight...nearly sold his soul to the devil for those fights. In that sense, I disagree. He was guaranteed $5M for the Pacquiao fight, and I believe he made close to $10M (if not more) for the Mayweather fight.

Shane made Mayweather look like the Pope, when he validated his statement about him trying to get the big money fights, since he's at the end of his career. He made it even more evident when he validated the statement about his last great performance being against Margarito, and he's stunk it up since then.

So yes, Shane fought for respect, BACK IN THE DAY, but he used that as a promotional tool to make us believe he still had it in him for these fights. The fact that he's never been stopped, and can still throw a few bombs in a fight, has led me to believe he can beat Canelo.

As far as these MMA fighters, Im sure SOMEBODY is fighting for that poster boy position in the sport, it's just natural. The top fighter always gets paid the most, and Im sure these guys aren't fighting for free. The fact that most of them have families, is a clear indicator that they wont continue to risk their health for small money.

BOOM!

Agreed.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Feb 23 2012, 12:39 PM
Post #18

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

If this is a true capitalist society and I think it is, then if the market demands your supply then that supply should be paid top dollar. To cut someone out from money that they have earned is criminal. Dana White should maybe suspend Tito Ortiz since Dana is Mr. Racial Regulator because Tito said that he would make R. Evans "his nappy headed hoe." That is a little racist to me. Floyd comments was not racist, especially since everyone has pointed out that Lin is Asian and he is balling (D Wade will lock him out tonight). What Dana and the rest of the world has done is one thing: Guaranteed Floyd and Miguel a big PPV and a sold out arena come May 5th. So Dana and Magic Johnson thank you for playing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

+Quote Post
anthonyaccurate
post Feb 23 2012, 04:49 PM
Post #19

Strawweight

Member No.: 2,772

Let me get this stratight. Dana White, president of the UFC, home of Chael Sonnen, is calling out
Floyd Mayweather for being a racist?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wtf.gif)

+Quote Post
iKeNjiro
post Feb 23 2012, 10:21 PM
Post #20

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,431

Nothing about Floyd's comment was racist.
Honestly it was true, sadly the reason for Jeremy Lin's hype is based off the stereotype that asians can't ball...

Now whats racist is that Jenny Hyun chick
She's a r&b pop song writer for a famous Korean Kpop group.
She said some harsh stuff about Floyd, Whitney, an ALL blacks in general! lol
No talk of that anywhere? I mean that was racist lol

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 03:54 PM