IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather-Alexander? Not Guerrero? (Topics Merged), Update:IBF Will Not Sanction Mayweather-Alexander (Brook is Mandatory)
duwdu
post Jan 25 2013, 02:40 AM
Post #31

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,536

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 25 2013, 02:51 AM) *
Sergio isnt undefeated... No way mayweather fights Canelo or Sergio. Both are too big and would neutralize his natural reach advantage. Fighting is a science. Mayweather does his math before each match up. Math of money and the math of height weight and reach, perhaps better than most give him credit for.

Funny...you're doing exactly the sort of thing you're condemning others for. Just like you say others were "giving Floyd the win for fights that did not happen/has not happened," you're equally cock-sure Floyd would not fight some guys. This, in spite of the fact that none of those careers is yet to end, at least not technically. So, you can deduce, and others cannot?

What then becomes of your thought process IF, in this case, Floyd eventually does fight either Canelo, or Sergio, or both?

P34c3

This post has been edited by duwdu: Jan 25 2013, 06:33 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Jan 25 2013, 07:29 AM
Post #32

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 25 2013, 01:51 AM) *
Sergio isnt undefeated... No way mayweather fights Canelo or Sergio. Both are too big and would neutralize his natural reach advantage. Fighting is a science. Mayweather does his math before each match up. Math of money and the math of height weight and reach, perhaps better than most give him credit for.

He will fight Canelo. IDK when but he will. Who else will he fight in september 14? Thats the highest grossing fight in boxing right now that could possibly materialize. Canelo's team also said they have an agreement with GBP to get Floyd next.
You're right, fighting is a science. And Canelo DEFINTELY isn't better scientist than Floyd. Come may if Saul doesn't fight a notable JMW, then i dont see him winning against Floyd. Remember what a smaller Martinez did to chavez, a cruiser weight fighting at MW. And at least Chavez fought Lee/Rubio/Dzinzuruk making him a worthy opponent. While i dont think floyd would use his legs as much, i believe floyd would give Canelo a boxing lesson and take advantage of the holes in his defense.
Also i meant undefeated as in as long as they dont lose and stay on their winning streaks throughout 2013/2014.

This post has been edited by Marcus: Jan 25 2013, 07:41 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 25 2013, 08:59 AM
Post #33

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

What if Brook DESTROYS Alexander next month, creates a big buzz, and lands either a Khan, Lopez, or a Bradley fight before or around September? Could you see a Mayweather fight in December, possibly?

Some of you guys are holding on to this September 14th date, JUST because Floyd "said" that he was gonna fight on that date. Hasn't he lied or changed his mind before? Didn't he say that he was gonna try to fight twice in 2012?

Problem is, May 4th hasn't come and gone yet. What if he has a tough fight in May, and decides to take a vacation, or wait til the end of the year to fight? Then what?

Everybody has in their mind that Floyd is gonna have to fight a Mexican in May or September...c'mon now. Truthfully, he can fight ANY month of the year, and do decent numbers. What if Canelo loses in May, then what?

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jan 25 2013, 10:13 AM
Post #34

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Mayweather should rematch Marquez. It sounds crazy but to me, it would be the ultimate sting to the Top Prank camp. Offer Marquez like 15-20 mill flat rate and school him like he did before.

+Quote Post
duwdu
post Jan 26 2013, 03:27 AM
Post #35

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 11,536

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 25 2013, 09:59 AM) *
What if Brook DESTROYS Alexander next month, creates a big buzz, and lands either a Khan, Lopez, or a Bradley fight before or around September? Could you see a Mayweather fight in December, possibly?

I like this idea, Cshel, of a Mayweather-Brook fight, should Brook come through those hurdles unscathed. Also, I'm a fan of "Special K" Brook's fighting style. However, the likelihood of a fight between him and Mayweather just/merely being agreed within one month after September and the fight itself for December, is, to say the least, almost nil. Such a fight could happen in 2014, tho'.

Even if in May Canelo loses a chance to fight Mayweather in September, the Mayweather train will likely not start waiting around till August or later, to identify another opponent for September 14th. So I still think the chance that Mayweather fights a second time this year - in September - is pretty high, barring other catastrophes, of course.

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 25 2013, 09:59 AM) *
Some of you guys are holding on to this September 14th date, JUST because Floyd "said" that he was gonna fight on that date. Hasn't he lied or changed his mind before? Didn't he say that he was gonna try to fight twice in 2012?

Problem is, May 4th hasn't come and gone yet. What if he has a tough fight in May, and decides to take a vacation, or wait til the end of the year to fight? Then what?

Everybody has in their mind that Floyd is gonna have to fight a Mexican in May or September...c'mon now. Truthfully, he can fight ANY month of the year, and do decent numbers. What if Canelo loses in May, then what?

Pitching these two sentences together is really unfair of you, Cshel, and really shows your level of distaste for the guy. [I only hope that level does not degenerate to that you had/still have for Allmenjoi8? lol.] Seriously, in view of his incarceration during 2012, whether foreseen (20/20?) or unforeseen, it did not in anyway constitute that Mayweather had lied by him proclaiming much earlier in that year that he was going to fight twice during that year. After all, the way you yourself wrote it, he qualified the proclamation when he said "that he was gonna try to fight twice in 2012."

Relax on Mayweather, man; let him enjoy the emerging twilight of his career.

P34c3

This post has been edited by duwdu: Jan 26 2013, 06:02 AM

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Jan 26 2013, 09:08 AM
Post #36

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 25 2013, 08:59 AM) *

Brook DESTROYING Alexander? Really?...
I doubt it. Brook doesn't have a big US fanbase, and i dont think beating Alexander ( IF he beats alexander which i can't see happening) will do much for him besides making him a world champion. May 4, Floyd wouldve had a year gap (including a two month incarceration) since he last fought. I doubt he will have a 2 month training camp. If anything I'd expect him to train 3 months. I already seen a recent picture of him in the gym wearing training equipment with Ishe Smith. Also he has trained in Miami with J'leon love recently. IF brook were to fight loyd, it would have to be in may.
http://statigr.am/viewer.php#/detail/36472...893648_24275124

Honestly, what welterweight will give Floyd a tough fight?...Floyd would thoroughly make any fight at welter an EASY pretty fight.

I think it will be Canelo in september. It just makes so much sense. Its mexican independence day, Canelo-Mayweather is the highest grossing fight waiting to happen in boxing right now. He's a GB fighter. He's a WBC titlist. And Canelo/Trout are most likely Fighting May 4. And ok Mayweather can fight any time of the year but lets be logical, May and September are his signature times. The last time he fought on another month was against hatton 6 years ago. And he SAID himself hes returning in may then september. Mayweather's not looking to do decent numbers. He's looking to break records and raise his stock as much as possible before retirement. We're looking way to deep into this. I ASKED SAM WATSON MYSELF at the weighin of Cotto-Trout and he told me Mayweather will fight Canelo the end of next year. Now why would floyd fight in the fourth quarter of next year against a mexican (considering canelo wins) on any month BESIDES september?
http://www.fighthype.com/news/external/ind...yweather--61745

Canelo is going on Floyds undercard for a FACT because he helps Floyd's PPV numbers, and it just builds the suspense for their fight. I mean Canelo's been figthing on Mayweather cards for 3 years now, and at this point he doesnt even have to, nor does he want to. If Trout doesnt get the W over canelo (WHICH I THINK HE WILL AND FUCK ALL OF GBP PLANS UP) we WILL see mayweather Canelo in september. And look at it this way, floyd is taking a tuneup bout at welterweight. Perhaps he's not figthing at JMW because hes trying his best to preserve/test his body at 147 until September when he in fact DOES fight a JMW.

Now If Canelo loses to Trout in may (Which i think he will)? Thats a GREAT QUESTION. Canelo is fishing for Trout, Trout wants to show how seasoned he is against canelo (Corny but i tried lol). De La Hoya and Schafer are SCARED. They're SHAKING IN THEIR BOOTS. Trout is a Haymon fighter so he definitely has big things in store for him. And he practically has HBO on his side being with Haymon. But it looks like this is a risk GBP is going to have to take. Unless they put Canelo against Cotto which would be a bitchass move. That would be FOUL, but thats boxing... But if Canelo indeed loses in May (against trout IF they do fight which i think they will) then Haymon will have to sacrifice a fighter.. and we will see the quality of Floyd's integrity depending on the decision he makes for september 14th..

THE REAL QUESITON IS WHO WILL FLOYD FIGHT ON MAY 4? Thats the mystery..

This post has been edited by Marcus: Jan 26 2013, 09:45 AM

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Jan 26 2013, 09:47 AM
Post #37

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 4,081

Even if Canelo loses in May, I still think he fights Floyd. What other option is there for Floyd? It certainly won't be JMM or Pac (fighting each other). It won't be Sergio because he is fighting JCC. For the love of God I hope it isn't Berto. Floyd has been trying to make a Berto fight for years and I hope Berto has shown he isn't deserving. It won't be Trout because Floyd won't take a tough fight like that and use "money" as the excuse....and make no mistake, Trout will be considered a Top-5 P4P fighter if he beats Canelo. It won't be Bradley due to the Top Rank factor and I doubt it will be Cotto because he is coming off of 2 straight losses and there is no demand to see a rematch.

The ONLY other option I could see is Danny Garcia. I HATE that fight, but Garcia seems to be the type of fighter that Floyd has taken on recently.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Jan 26 2013, 09:53 AM
Post #38

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 4,081

BTW, I would like to see what the PPV numbers would be for a Mayweather-Garcia fight. I am of the opinion that Canelo has been a MAJOR boost to Floyd's PPV numbers. I know for me I wouldn't have bought the Mayweather-Ortiz fight if there wasn't Canelo on the undercard. It isn't so much that I like Canelo, I just have interest in watching him. I also think Canelo vs Mosley really boosted the Cotto card's PPV numbers...young champion vs old veteran.

I would not even consider buying Mayweather-RG. That fight upsets me because I don't think Robert has earned a MEGA fight like that...but throw Canelo on the undercard against a LIVE fighter like Angulo, Kirkland, or especially TROUT? That is a GREAT test for Canelo and it makes the card a must-buy for me. I would like to see the numbers Mayweather does with a dud opponent like Garcia WITHOUT the help of a great 2nd star.

Now maybe GBP steps up and gives us a good undercard fight that doesn't involve Canelo. Maybe they put Broner on there against a really live opponent. That would be great and it would make me buy a Mayweather-Garcia fight.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Jan 26 2013, 09:56 AM
Post #39

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (KOpower @ Jan 26 2013, 09:47 AM) *
Even if Canelo loses in May, I still think he fights Floyd. What other option is there for Floyd? It certainly won't be JMM or Pac (fighting each other). It won't be Sergio because he is fighting JCC. For the love of God I hope it isn't Berto. Floyd has been trying to make a Berto fight for years and I hope Berto has shown he isn't deserving. It won't be Trout because Floyd won't take a tough fight like that and use "money" as the excuse....and make no mistake, Trout will be considered a Top-5 P4P fighter if he beats Canelo. It won't be Bradley due to the Top Rank factor and I doubt it will be Cotto because he is coming off of 2 straight losses and there is no demand to see a rematch.

The ONLY other option I could see is Danny Garcia. I HATE that fight, but Garcia seems to be the type of fighter that Floyd has taken on recently.

If Canelo fights Cotto in May, he can possibly lose. Mayweather-Cotto 2 has been something thats been talked about since their first fight. And Miguel will always bring a heavy fanbase. I think a Canelo-Cotto fight is the only way in which Mayweather will be in a win-win situation. But thats not the reality of the situation. Right now Canelo WANTS Trout and Trout WANTS Canelo. GBP doesnt want that at all. And if Trout wins, i doubt Floyd will want Trout considering his style/size. And Haymon definitely wont want his young cahmpion to lose to a soon to retire future Hall Of Famer.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 26 2013, 10:46 AM
Post #40

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Marcus @ Jan 26 2013, 09:08 AM) *
Brook DESTROYING Alexander? Really?...
I doubt it. Brook doesn't have a big US fanbase, and i dont think beating Alexander ( IF he beats alexander which i can't see happening) will do much for him besides making him a world champion. May 4, Floyd wouldve had a year gap (including a two month incarceration) since he last fought. I doubt he will have a 2 month training camp. If anything I'd expect him to train 3 months. I already seen a recent picture of him in the gym wearing training equipment with Ishe Smith. Also he has trained in Miami with J'leon love recently. IF brook were to fight loyd, it would have to be in may.
http://statigr.am/viewer.php#/detail/36472...893648_24275124

Honestly, what welterweight will give Floyd a tough fight?...Floyd would thoroughly make any fight at welter an EASY pretty fight.

I think it will be Canelo in september. It just makes so much sense. Its mexican independence day, Canelo-Mayweather is the highest grossing fight waiting to happen in boxing right now. He's a GB fighter. He's a WBC titlist. And Canelo/Trout are most likely Fighting May 4. And ok Mayweather can fight any time of the year but lets be logical, May and September are his signature times. The last time he fought on another month was against hatton 6 years ago. And he SAID himself hes returning in may then september. Mayweather's not looking to do decent numbers. He's looking to break records and raise his stock as much as possible before retirement. We're looking way to deep into this. I ASKED SAM WATSON MYSELF at the weighin of Cotto-Trout and he told me Mayweather will fight Canelo the end of next year. Now why would floyd fight in the fourth quarter of next year against a mexican (considering canelo wins) on any month BESIDES september?
http://www.fighthype.com/news/external/ind...yweather--61745

Canelo is going on Floyds undercard for a FACT because he helps Floyd's PPV numbers, and it just builds the suspense for their fight. I mean Canelo's been figthing on Mayweather cards for 3 years now, and at this point he doesnt even have to, nor does he want to. If Trout doesnt get the W over canelo (WHICH I THINK HE WILL AND FUCK ALL OF GBP PLANS UP) we WILL see mayweather Canelo in september. And look at it this way, floyd is taking a tuneup bout at welterweight. Perhaps he's not figthing at JMW because hes trying his best to preserve/test his body at 147 until September when he in fact DOES fight a JMW.

Now If Canelo loses to Trout in may (Which i think he will)? Thats a GREAT QUESTION. Canelo is fishing for Trout, Trout wants to show how seasoned he is against canelo (Corny but i tried lol). De La Hoya and Schafer are SCARED. They're SHAKING IN THEIR BOOTS. Trout is a Haymon fighter so he definitely has big things in store for him. And he practically has HBO on his side being with Haymon. But it looks like this is a risk GBP is going to have to take. Unless they put Canelo against Cotto which would be a bitchass move. That would be FOUL, but thats boxing... But if Canelo indeed loses in May (against trout IF they do fight which i think they will) then Haymon will have to sacrifice a fighter.. and we will see the quality of Floyd's integrity depending on the decision he makes for september 14th..

THE REAL QUESITON IS WHO WILL FLOYD FIGHT ON MAY 4? Thats the mystery..

Brook has a huge UK fan base, forget the US fan base, and as far as Garcia goes please, he might not even get past Lucas.

QUOTE (Marcus @ Jan 26 2013, 09:56 AM) *
If Canelo fights Cotto in May, he can possibly lose. Mayweather-Cotto 2 has been something thats been talked about since their first fight. And Miguel will always bring a heavy fanbase. I think a Canelo-Cotto fight is the only way in which Mayweather will be in a win-win situation. But thats not the reality of the situation. Right now Canelo WANTS Trout and Trout WANTS Canelo. GBP doesnt want that at all. And if Trout wins, i doubt Floyd will want Trout considering his style/size. And Haymon definitely wont want his young cahmpion to lose to a soon to retire future Hall Of Famer.

He can beat cotto, trout is another animal all together. But I think they will go with trout, because trout more than likely won't ko him and let's face it no way Canelo loses on the cards.
Plus red himself said no one but trout was being considered for his match up

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 01:54 AM