IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Sergio Martinez not allowed to wear knee brace vs. Cotto, Gamesmanship will be the theme of 2014
aTYpicalTYrant
post Jun 2 2014, 09:02 PM
Post #1

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,480

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2014/06/sergio...ht-on-saturday/

I don't know what's worse. The fact Martinez team didn't make sure his knee brace was included in the contract language or the fact Cotto's team pressed him out about it. Yuri Foreman was allowed to wear his knee brace when he fought Cotto...... I understand looking for every competitive edge against an opponent but I don't agree with this one at all. This isn't as serious as the fiasco surrounding Maidana's Gloves.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 2 2014, 09:06 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Cotto's gonna get his ass kicked anyway, but I must admit, it was a smart move on their part.

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Jun 2 2014, 09:28 PM
Post #3

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,480

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 2 2014, 09:06 PM) *
Cotto's gonna get his ass kicked anyway, but I must admit, it was a smart move on their part.

I had a damn coworker tell me Cotto is going to take Sergio out to deep waters and drown him! I'm like, "you know Cotto has stamina issues?" N this motherfucka had the nerve to tell me I was hating! Needless to say I'm looking forward to taking $50 off of him this weekend. Gambling with casual fans has paid for many a meal....

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 2 2014, 09:33 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Yeah this that bullshit. Credit to Cotto's team but this a slick move to pull. I don't think it'll work out in his favor. The last time Maravilla was mad like this he was beating Chavez Jr from pillar to post

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 2 2014, 09:41 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Jun 2 2014, 10:28 PM) *
I had a damn coworker tell me Cotto is going to take Sergio out to deep waters and drown him! I'm like, "you know Cotto has stamina issues?" N this motherfucka had the nerve to tell me I was hating! Needless to say I'm looking forward to taking $50 off of him this weekend. Gambling with casual fans has paid for many a meal....

Maaaaan! Take that dude's money! I think that if Miguel is persistent and doesn't give Sergio any room to think or set anything up, then I can see Cotto going for the TKO. Mind you, I said I can see Cotto "going for the TKO"...doesn't mean it will happen. Lol

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Jun 2 2014, 11:15 PM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 2 2014, 07:06 PM) *

Pure genius!

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post Jun 3 2014, 06:10 AM
Post #7

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,114

I don't see it as smart, rather crass to me... why wouldn't you want to beat the so-called champ at 160 for your "mythical" first Rican with four trinkets in four divisions if he is hampered in any way?

just another unnecessary layer for ridicule when you allowed Yuri to enter with a brace years back at 154

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 3 2014, 07:14 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

Meh, there both damaged goods, I wonder whose more damaged. Physically right now it seems Martinez.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jun 3 2014, 11:31 AM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

cotto must be worried he cant beat a full martinez. cotto only going for sergio with the bad knee. if he KOed murray cotto woulda went canelo.

This post has been edited by klonopinz: Jun 3 2014, 11:31 AM

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jun 3 2014, 11:45 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

I'm guessing Cotto's looking for Sergio's knee to give out and it will look like a punch did it. That would make for a 10-8 round. In a competitive fight at MSG, all close rounds will go to Cotto and that one 10-8 round could make a difference. See the Cotto vs Joshua Clottey fight.

Sergio is going to have to KO him. I believe he will, well within the distance.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 08:01 AM