IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Maybe this will get the ball rolling!, virgil hunter and abel sanchez going back and forth...
checkleft
post Sep 6 2013, 02:19 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

http://www.boxingscene.com/sanchez-andre-w...-not-hbo--69310

http://www.boxingscene.com/andre-wards-tra...comments--69346

Let's hope this gets the ball rolling! So the other day Abel sanchez came out and criticized the opposition ward wanted for his next fight (look who's talking). Saying WARD should come back on ESPN not HBO Lmao.

Now Hunter responded to Abel saying he needs to stay in his lane and quit being a hypocrite. I totally agree with hunter, ward hasn't had am easy fight in years. All of his opponents are top of their class at the time and champions at one point or another. A tune up fight, which Hbo doesn't mind doing with guys like donaire, is actually well deserved if Andre wants it!

I really hope this back and forth really turns into something meaningful to motivate these to and stir something up in super middle because as of now most of the super middleweight action is overseas.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 6 2013, 03:21 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

abels comments are out of line. the reporters who are feeding this are instigators. abel should have been smarter than that. hunters response was on point. it's clear to me that hbo has double standards when it comes to black fighters. floyd, ward, rigondeaux and bradley are all examples that i can point to.

+Quote Post
jtiizzle
post Sep 6 2013, 04:15 PM
Post #3

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,897

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 6 2013, 12:19 PM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/sanchez-andre-w...-not-hbo--69310

http://www.boxingscene.com/andre-wards-tra...comments--69346

Let's hope this gets the ball rolling! So the other day Abel sanchez came out and criticized the opposition ward wanted for his next fight (look who's talking). Saying WARD should come back on ESPN not HBO Lmao.

Now Hunter responded to Abel saying he needs to stay in his lane and quit being a hypocrite. I totally agree with hunter, ward hasn't had am easy fight in years. All of his opponents are top of their class at the time and champions at one point or another. A tune up fight, which Hbo doesn't mind doing with guys like donaire, is actually well deserved if Andre wants it!

I really hope this back and forth really turns into something meaningful to motivate these to and stir something up in super middle because as of now most of the super middleweight action is overseas.

donaire is a fan friendly fighter who goes for KO's like GGG thats why they don't mind doing it, ward = hugging, mauling, boring fight, just saying

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 6 2013, 05:09 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (jtiizzle @ Sep 6 2013, 04:15 PM) *
donaire is a fan friendly fighter who goes for KO's like GGG thats why they don't mind doing it, ward = hugging, mauling, boring fight, just saying

Ward dropped and stopped Dawson in his first Hbo fight..? He punished him the whole fight

They go for the Kos because their opponents for the most part are shit who aren't even there to win for the most part. But when they get in with someone who isn't just there to get a check or survive.. well I don't have to tell you just watch donaire rigo

This post has been edited by checkleft: Sep 6 2013, 05:21 PM

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 6 2013, 05:12 PM
Post #5

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

Ward is not a boring fighter. Thats ridiculous. He put the best LHW, at the time, through a meat grinder. Hell, I cant name one Ward fight I watched that I wasnt thoroughly entertained.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 6 2013, 05:54 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (jtiizzle @ Sep 6 2013, 05:15 PM) *

donaire vs narvaez was one of the shittiest fights i've ever seen. he had every advantage over narvaez but did absolutely nothing.

not every fight is going to be a ko. when u have highly skilled fighter against another highly skilled fighter the chances of a ko are slim and none. 2 guys with zero defense usually gives u rock 'em sock 'em robots. 1 highly skilled guy against a guy with no defense...highlight ko. there is sooooo much more to boxing than the ko. uneducated fans miss so much....they have no clue. but if they don't have the attention span for chess....give them checkers i guess...

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 6 2013, 05:56 PM
Post #7

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 6 2013, 02:54 PM) *
donaire vs narvaez was one of the shittiest fights i've ever seen. he had every advantage over narvaez but did absolutely nothing.

not every fight is going to be a ko. when u have highly skilled fighter against another highly skilled fighter the chances of a ko are slim and none. 2 guys with zero defense usually gives u rock 'em sock 'em robots. 1 highly skilled guy against a guy with no defense...highlight ko. there is sooooo much more to boxing than the ko. uneducated fans miss so much....they have no clue. but if they don't have the attention span for chess....give them checkers i guess...

Exactly.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Sep 6 2013, 06:45 PM
Post #8

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 6 2013, 04:21 PM) *
abels comments are out of line. the reporters who are feeding this are instigators. abel should have been smarter than that. hunters response was on point. it's clear to me that hbo has double standards when it comes to black fighters. floyd, ward, rigondeaux and bradley are all examples that i can point to.

Redundancy at its finest. Reports ARE instigators.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 6 2013, 06:48 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 6 2013, 07:45 PM) *
Redundancy at its finest. Reports ARE instigators.

true dat.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 6 2013, 08:53 PM
Post #10

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

This fight is slowly building it seems....as far as Hunter, I agree with what he said. Sanchez seems to be feeling himself a bit. I watched a video of him today in an interview and he was going in on Kovalev saying Kovalev was afraid of GGG when they spared or some shit like that

HBO is the source of this problem though, their really dropping the ball here

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 11:48 PM